GB HOMEPAGE

Re-discovering the Lost Crown - Updated Version on Steam Available Today!

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re-discovering the Lost Crown - Updated Version on Steam Available Today! - 06/04/14 04:32 PM

First of four installments of 'The Crown Quadrilogy' gets enhancements in time for Steam release.

Check out the Video here.

For a list of the new features read the Blog update here on The Lost Crown.

Quote:
Haarlem, The Netherlands – June 6th 2014 – Known not only for its strategy games but also for its darker action and adventure games, publisher Iceberg Interactive is happy to announce that an enhanced version of Darkling Room’s remarkable 2008 horror game The Lost Crown, will debut on Steam today. The Lost Crown features eerie black and white visuals with the occasional dramatic use of color, uses real-life recorded Electronic Voice Phenomena and a chilling soundtrack, making it often quoted as one of the scariest games ever made. The Steam edition of The Lost Crown is enhanced with Trading Cards and Achievements and several gameplay amendments.

Iceberg Interactive CEO Erik Schreuder says: “This release is a reintroduction to some of the creepiest graphic horror adventures ever made, now available on one of the World’s leading digital platforms. The new ‘Crown’ games, in development right now, will naturally be graphically superior, but we certainly didn’t want to deny anyone the eerie first instalment. If you like to be scared by chills rather than gore, this is definitely a game for you.”

Next up is The Last Crown: Blackenrock, set to release later in 2014, which takes place before the events unfolding in The Last Crown: Haunting of Hallowed Isle. The ‘quadrilogy’ will be concluded with The First Crown.

Ana wave
Posted By: Marian

Re: Re-discovering the Lost Crown - Updated Version on Steam - 06/04/14 04:41 PM

Thanks, Ana - this is very interesting and unexpected. I enjoyed reading about the changes. smile
Posted By: Mad

Re: Re-discovering the Lost Crown - Updated Version on Steam - 06/04/14 04:59 PM

Thanks for letting us know, BrownEyedTigre thumbsup
Posted By: linda333

Re: Re-discovering the Lost Crown - Updated Version on Steam - 06/04/14 06:24 PM

I checked out Steam this morning but couldn't find anything there about The Lost Crown....is it an upcoming release? Thank you. Will keep checking Steam.. thank you again.
Posted By: MaG

Re: Re-discovering the Lost Crown - Updated Version on Steam - 06/04/14 06:45 PM

Love the changes. bravo

Linda,
The blog states this week. Steam might not have it out yet.
Posted By: Haroula

Re: Re-discovering the Lost Crown - Updated Version on Steam - 06/04/14 06:51 PM

Thanks, Ana wave
Posted By: kjos

Re: Re-discovering the Lost Crown - Updated Version on Steam - 06/04/14 09:30 PM

Is that the name of the game (Re-discovering the Lost Crown.)

Re: Re-discovering the Lost Crown - Updated Version on Steam - 06/04/14 09:32 PM

No it is the Lost Crown but it has had some improvements.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Re-discovering the Lost Crown - Updated Version on Steam - 06/04/14 10:27 PM

It was so much fun to just read Jonathon's commentary on all the changes! This is great...

Re: Re-discovering the Lost Crown - Updated Version on Steam - 06/04/14 11:06 PM

It's making me want to play it all over again! I agree Drac!
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Re-discovering the Lost Crown - Updated Version on Steam - 06/05/14 01:57 AM

thanks Ana
Posted By: revco

Re: Re-discovering the Lost Crown - Updated Version on Steam - 06/05/14 03:23 AM

I'll grab it when it's up. One of my favorites for sure. Thank you for the heads up.
Posted By: Butcher

Re: Re-discovering the Lost Crown - Updated Version on Steam - 06/05/14 11:32 AM

Will definitely add it as well, I can't see it at the moment though on Steam.

Re: Re-discovering the Lost Crown - Updated Version on Steam - 06/06/14 04:18 PM

It is now available on Steam and I added info on the first post.

Re: Re-discovering the Lost Crown - Updated Version on Steam - 06/06/14 04:23 PM

Thanks, Ana. happydance
Posted By: revco

Re: Re-discovering the Lost Crown - Updated Version on Steam - 06/07/14 01:28 AM

Great news...Just got it and I'll be playing it all weekend. smile

Re: Re-discovering the Lost Crown - Updated Version on Steam - 06/07/14 01:31 AM

Have fun, revco. Feel free to report back on the updated version. smile
Posted By: kjos

Re: Re-discovering the Lost Crown - Updated Version on Steam - 06/07/14 01:50 AM

Just started playing the game very little I remember about the game. Been a few years. So far I really like it.
Richard
Posted By: plumgas

Re: Re-discovering the Lost Crown - Updated Version on Steam - 06/07/14 02:13 AM

although I have the disk version I am buying again for the steam updated version, very happy about the increased save locations as it was one thing that irritated me before.

Re: Re-discovering the Lost Crown - Updated Version on Steam - 06/07/14 02:13 AM

Let us know what you think!
Posted By: Uncle Reg

Re: Re-discovering the Lost Crown - Updated Version on Steam Available Today! - 06/08/14 05:01 AM

Any chance this will show up somewhere else? I don't do Steam.

Re: Re-discovering the Lost Crown - Updated Version on Steam Available Today! - 06/08/14 05:11 AM

I sent them a message, I will let you know.

Re: Re-discovering the Lost Crown - Updated Version on Steam Available Today! - 06/08/14 05:12 AM

Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre
I sent them a message, I will let you know.

Thanks, Ana. It would be nice if GOG could sell this, too. wave

Re: Re-discovering the Lost Crown - Updated Version on Steam Available Today! - 06/08/14 05:29 AM

Thanks, Ana. I agree, Marian. I would probably buy the updated version from GOG, even though I have the original 2 CD Got Game version.
Posted By: indy_monkey

Re: Re-discovering the Lost Crown - Updated Version on Steam Available Today! - 06/08/14 01:22 PM

Hi all

GOG version for me please. wink Just don't do Steam.

Re: Re-discovering the Lost Crown - Updated Version on Steam Available Today! - 06/08/14 03:06 PM

I found out it's up to Iceberg to decide so I will shoot them an email and keep you posted. In the meantime, put your request on GoG so they try and get it as well.

Ana wave
Posted By: Jarkeld

Re: Re-discovering the Lost Crown - Updated Version on Steam Available Today! - 06/09/14 08:05 PM

Twitter contest to win a copy of the enhanced Lost Crown:

Originally Posted By: @jonathanboakes
WIN the 'enhanced' Lost Crown. I've set the questions; some are easy, others definitely not. Steam Quiz

Re: Re-discovering the Lost Crown - Updated Version on Steam Available Today! - 06/09/14 08:19 PM

Thanks, Jarkeld. Some of the questions are pretty challenging. sherlock wave
Posted By: troi

Re: Re-discovering the Lost Crown - Updated Version on Steam Available Today! - 06/10/14 02:08 AM

Ten percent off till june 13. Boakes is holding a drawing for the game, with names pulled out of Nigel's hat on Friday June 13, of course. Buy now or wait to see if you won after taking the quiz? It will be a dollar more after June 13.

Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/291710/
Quiz: http://www.thelostcrown.co.uk/steamquiz

Re: Re-discovering the Lost Crown - Updated Version on Steam Available Today! - 06/10/14 02:10 AM

I took the quiz - it was fun. smile

Re: Re-discovering the Lost Crown - Updated Version on Steam Available Today! - 06/10/14 02:16 AM

Changes to the original game:
http://jonathanboakes.blogspot.co.uk/

Re: Re-discovering the Lost Crown - Updated Version on Steam Available Today! - 06/10/14 05:18 PM

Thanks troi, I have the link to the changes in the original post. wave

To those that asked about GoG, IceBerg is looking into it, but they cannot promise it will happen.

Ana wave

Re: Re-discovering the Lost Crown - Updated Version on Steam Available Today! - 06/10/14 11:36 PM

Ok, didn't see them. I do miss stuff, some sort of visual processing glitch, lol. Makes soem games real fun...

Re: Re-discovering the Lost Crown - Updated Version on Steam Available Today! - 05/30/16 04:52 PM

Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre
I found out it's up to Iceberg to decide so I will shoot them an email and keep you posted. In the meantime, put your request on GoG so they try and get it as well.

Ana wave

Was there ever an answer to your email?

Sorry, I didn't see your answer.

Posted By: sanford

Re: Re-discovering the Lost Crown - Updated Version on Steam Available Today! - 06/01/16 12:46 AM

WOW, thanks for all of these updates, can hardly wait for the finished version. Good luck, Jonathan Boakes, and all others invested n this wonderful project.
Sandy
© 2024 GameBoomers Community