GB HOMEPAGE

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Coming to Retail via Nordic Games

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Coming to Retail via Nordic Games - 06/26/14 04:08 PM

Boxed version of The Vanishing of Ethan Carter coming in Q3 2014 via Nordic Games
Get in the mood with the webcomic: Prequel Mini-comic

**Warning - Graphic Violence after 1:10**
You can view the trailer here.

Check out the screens here.

Quote:
Vienna, June 26 2014: Nordic Games employed its own investigators to look into the case of Ethan Carter and to support Paul Prospero with his endeavours to unfold the truth about The Vanishing of Ethan Carter. The developers – The Astronauts, founded in 2012 – consist of former owners and designers at People Can Fly, who previously worked on Painkiller, Come Midnight, Gears of War and Bulletstorm.

"The Vanishing of Ethan Carter immediately had the finger on our pulse," said Reinhard Pollice, Business & Product Development Director at Nordic Games. "We’re excited to be involved with this one-of-a-kind horror/mystery game and the atmosphere it conveys on screenshots and trailers already. To collaborate with The Astronauts is the icing on the cake."

"With such an understanding and responsive partner it’s been really easy for us to make a decision to cooperate with Nordic Games on the box version of our game," said Adrian Chmielarz, co-founder of The Astronauts and lead designer of The Vanishing of Ethan Carter. "Some gamers asked us for a physical copy, and I am happy that thanks to Nordic we can deliver."

About The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter is a “weird fiction” horror, meaning its focus is on atmosphere, mood, and the essential humanity of its characters. With its mixture of a beautiful world with the haunting and macabre, this story is catered to adult players. That said, there is no combat in the game. If this game leaves any scars, they will be not visible to the eye. Furthermore, players will be able to experience the story of Paul and Ethan at their own pace, and without the need for sedatives. It’s less about pure terror and more about clammy unease.

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter will be available through retail stores and digitally in Q3 2014.

More information on The Astronauts and The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter can be found here: http://www.theastronauts.com/

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave
Posted By: Rushes

Re: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Coming to Retail via Nordic Games - 06/26/14 04:14 PM

Thanks, Ana. That's good news for those who prefer boxed games. smile
Posted By: Haroula

Re: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Coming to Retail via Nordic Games - 06/26/14 07:43 PM

Thanks, Ana. wave
Posted By: Mad

Re: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Coming to Retail via Nordic Games - 06/27/14 10:16 AM

Originally Posted By: Rushes
Thanks, Ana. That's good news for those who prefer boxed games. smile

Like me !! lol

thanks BrownEyedTigre wave
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Coming to Retail via Nordic Games - 06/28/14 09:55 AM

Thanks Ana. A rarity to have a boxed version of a game!
Posted By: boidsonly

Re: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Coming to Retail via Nordic Games - 10/26/14 04:00 PM

This is good news, indeed. I have held off purchasing the game as I greatly dislike spending $ on download only games. As a fellow collector/gamer, it is very important to have a physical copy of a game. I am looking forward to playing this...

The last game I purchased in hard copy was, "Gone Home".
Posted By: Kolby

Re: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Coming to Retail via Nordic Games - 11/03/14 03:32 PM

Here are some interesting statistics about the game a month after it was released:
http://www.theastronauts.com/2014/10/vanishing-ethan-carter-month-later/

Re: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Coming to Retail via Nordic Games - 11/03/14 03:55 PM

Those are interesting facts! Thanks, Kolby.

Ana wave
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Coming to Retail via Nordic Games - 11/03/14 04:19 PM

I love the new trailer too.
Posted By: GreyFuss

Re: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Coming to Retail via Nordic Games - 11/04/14 05:38 AM

There was a Sniper Rifle???

Re: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Coming to Retail via Nordic Games - 11/04/14 05:39 AM

That's what I said too, GreyFuss!

Re: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Coming to Retail via Nordic Games - 11/04/14 03:57 PM

There is a hilarious thread on the rifle here.
Posted By: Marian

Re: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Coming to Retail via Nordic Games - 11/04/14 04:12 PM

Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre
There is a hilarious thread on the rifle here.

Very funny! laugh

Re: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Coming to Retail via Nordic Games - 11/04/14 04:39 PM

I nearly spewed coffee all over my keyboard! Cow level? Castration ceremony? These people were having way too much fun!

Re: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Coming to Retail via Nordic Games - 11/04/14 04:44 PM

I just finished the mine chapter and I was laughing hysterically and their comments. They are indeed having quite a bit of fun with this guys simple question. rotfl

By the way, this is a phenomenal game. I will be getting lost wandering around every inch when I finish the main game. It's just amazing how far the graphics and exploration has come.
Posted By: Laurette

Re: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Coming to Retail via Nordic Games - 11/04/14 06:37 PM

I hesitated in posting this, but after watching the trailer, can't get the horribleness out of my mind, re this "game." Am I the only one who finds this type of brutality extremely offensive?

I too prefer boxed games, and the opening scenes before the crime, were beautiful. Frankly, this is a very scary situation when people actually "like/love" this "game."

Thanks for letting me vent.

Re: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Coming to Retail via Nordic Games - 11/04/14 07:44 PM

This game is awesome, I am totally absorbed in it. The gruesomeness is not gratuitous it is a part of the story telling. I am not the least bit apologetic for loving every bit of it.

There are lots of games to choose from, please don't judge me for liking one you do not.

Re: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Coming to Retail via Nordic Games - 11/04/14 09:39 PM

I also absolutely loved this game. As Ana says, the momentary gruesomeness is a vital part of the story which unfolds as you solve the series of murders. It is not gratuitous in the least. I don't find it a bit scary when thousands of people - including many of us here at Gameboomers - appreciate the game for what it is... a story driven game with several twists and turns which happens to involve some mysterious murders.

I did a brief review of the game over at Mystery Manor and stated that there was some violence in the early part of the game, so if it isn't your "cup of tea," you can avoid it. I certainly won't judge anyone for not caring for it; nor would I expect anyone to judge those of us who like/love the game or to find it scary if we do.
Posted By: Laurette

Re: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Coming to Retail via Nordic Games - 11/04/14 10:41 PM

I'm sorry my comments were taken as being judgmental. That was not my intention.
Posted By: boidsonly

Re: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Coming to Retail via Nordic Games - 12/16/14 05:14 PM

The game is available on Amazon now as a physical copy BUT, and this is a big but, a reviwer who purchased the game says you need a Steam account to play the game. Nowhere on the games's page does it mention this. Just be aware that you will not truly own the game unless you go the download route. Very disappointing for me as I only purchase physical copies of games that I want to collect/play.
Posted By: Marian

Re: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Coming to Retail via Nordic Games - 12/16/14 05:17 PM

Very helpful information, boidsonly. Thanks. It's disappointing to me as well that the boxed version involves Steam. Unfortunately I think we are going to be seeing a lot more of this.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community