GB HOMEPAGE

Old game name.

Posted By: TRM

Old game name. - 07/15/14 04:38 PM

There was a game that was either a myst game or of a similar nature. It had a little chicken that would run around and sometimes you could follow it and it might give you hints. The game was free roaming and first person. One of the puzzles was to get the wind blowing and that would activate a mechanism that would open the needed area for exploration. I wanted to replay the game and I can't remember the name of it.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Old game name. - 07/15/14 04:46 PM

Botanicula?

Ana wave
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Old game name. - 07/15/14 04:58 PM

I thought of Chaos: A Fantasy Adventure, Connections, and Bioscopia, but I don't see a chicken in any of the screenshots -- or anything remotely resembling a chicken. Of course if the chicken is only on screen occasionally, it may not have gotten into the screenshots.

Armed and Delirious (aka Dementia and Granny) had a chicken in it.
At least the walkthrough mentions a chicken.
Here are some screenshots.
http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/armed-delirious/screenshots

How old is the game? If it's less than 5 years old, could it be a casual game? Casual games often have little mascot helpers, and there may be one with a chicken.
Posted By: PeteS

Re: Old game name. - 07/20/14 07:26 PM

In case this is still an open question ... Try Myst V End of Ages, the fourth location (as I played it), Laki'ahn.

Hope this helps.
Posted By: The Haze

Re: Old game name. - 07/21/14 12:08 AM

There's an old game based on Joles Verne's "A trip to the Moon" that has a lot of screen time for a pet chicken.
Posted By: BubbaJake

Re: Old game name. - 07/24/14 02:10 AM

Definitely NOT Bioscopia.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Old game name. - 07/24/14 09:59 AM

I don't suppose it could be anything as obvious as "Chicken Little" ??

[Never having played the game I don't know if the wind is a feature.]
Posted By: flotsam

Re: Old game name. - 07/24/14 08:53 PM

Was it a quicktime game do you recall?
Posted By: sanford

Re: Old game name. - 07/24/14 09:14 PM

I believe that PeteS is correct. The game IS "Myst-End Of ages". I'm playing this game right now. The thing that looks like a "chicken" is not really a chicken, but has another name which I can't recall at this moment. I'm enjoying this game for the second time around.
Sandy
Posted By: Cue

Re: Old game name. - 07/24/14 09:43 PM

Does it look like this?

This is the piranha bird from End of Ages.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Old game name. - 07/24/14 10:23 PM

I guess all we need now is for TRM to come back and see the answers. duh
© 2024 GameBoomers Community