GB HOMEPAGE

Syberia 3 First Screenshots Unveiled

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Syberia 3 First Screenshots Unveiled - 08/13/14 03:55 PM

Check out the Screenshots here.

Check out the Official Website Here.

Quote:
Paris, August 13, 2014. On the occasion of the Gamescom 2014, Microïds invites the players to discover the very first work in progress images of upcoming game "Syberia 3".

"Syberia 3" visual universe is finally taking shape in the game’s graphic engine including the talent of its artistic director, Benoit Sokal ("Amerzone", "Canardo", "Kraa"…). Working with Microïds allowed the creation of one of the most acclaimed series by the adventure game fans. This new cooperation promises to have them relive an unforgettable moment. Until then, the team is glad to be able to share those first screenshots that represent the moment when Kate Walker – the saga’s iconic heroin – discovers the Youkol camp.

Syberia 3 begins exactly where Syberia 2 had left Kate: in a bad situation. Miraculously taken in by the travelling Youkol people, the lawyer from New York will learn about their culture by interacting with the tribesmen gathered in a huge market-like camp. She will guide them in their transhumance with the snow ostriches, a journey that appears to be very complicated this time…

Elliot Grassiano, VP at Microïds reports “It is filled with emotion that we share with the saga fans those very first screenshots of Syberia 3, more than ten years after Syberia 2 was released. We have been working for more than a year and a half on this ambitious title so that it meets the expectations of the passionate gamers of this adventure game. Seeing this unique universe imagined by Benoit Sokal take shape for the first time in full real-time 3D strongly increases the team’s motivation.”

"Syberia 3" is a PC, Mac, PS4, Xbox One, iOS and Android adventure game due to be released in 2015.

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave
Posted By: MaG

Re: Syberia 3 First Screenshots Unveiled - 08/13/14 04:19 PM

Very nice! wave
Posted By: BubbaJake

Re: Syberia 3 First Screenshots Unveiled - 08/13/14 04:28 PM

EXTREMELY exciting! I can just imagine all the things Kate will be up too and no signs of Oscar (yet). If he's not there I won't miss him. The game looks good as I'm sure it will be when released.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Syberia 3 First Screenshots Unveiled - 08/13/14 04:31 PM

Those screenshots bring back some great memories. smile
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Syberia 3 First Screenshots Unveiled - 08/13/14 04:37 PM

Those youki are so cute. grin
Posted By: Darleen03

Re: Syberia 3 First Screenshots Unveiled - 08/13/14 04:51 PM

Wonderful..Screens thumbsup
Posted By: RichAlexis

Re: Syberia 3 First Screenshots Unveiled - 08/13/14 08:20 PM

Lovely artwork, very detailed and rich semi-Mongolian atmosphere with what look like crosses between an albino ostrich and a yak!

Promises to be very inventive, original and creative once more!

Thanks for sharing it! thumbsup

Rich
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Syberia 3 First Screenshots Unveiled - 08/13/14 09:03 PM

dance "Syberia 3" puppy Happy... happy!
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: Syberia 3 First Screenshots Unveiled - 08/13/14 11:53 PM

Looking great. Thanks for the update Ana.

Cathy bravo
Posted By: Mad

Re: Syberia 3 First Screenshots Unveiled - 08/14/14 04:33 AM

Really nice screenshots. Thanks, BrownEyedTigre !! happydance
Posted By: sanford

Re: Syberia 3 First Screenshots Unveiled - 08/14/14 06:54 PM

Thanks, Ana
It looks like we are getting a "good old fashioned" adventure game again, and I say it's about time.
Sandy
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Syberia 3 First Screenshots Unveiled - 08/15/14 10:19 AM

Brings back memories of playing the most wonderful games Syberia!
Posted By: bigpsycho

Re: Syberia 3 First Screenshots Unveiled - 08/16/14 02:35 PM

can't wait seems amazing !
Posted By: gremlin

Re: Syberia 3 First Screenshots Unveiled - 08/17/14 11:57 PM

I can't help wondering if there's going to be a fight amongst the GB staff to see who gets to review Syberia 3 next year smile

Re: Syberia 3 First Screenshots Unveiled - 08/18/14 12:05 AM

lol I suggest you stake your claim now.
Posted By: MaG

Re: Syberia 3 First Screenshots Unveiled - 08/18/14 12:11 AM

rotfl
Posted By: BubbaJake

Re: Syberia 3 First Screenshots Unveiled - 08/18/14 09:15 PM

RichAlexis it was the artwork that hooked me first, then the stories and characters. I recently replayed the first game.
Posted By: RichAlexis

Re: Syberia 3 First Screenshots Unveiled - 08/20/14 05:54 PM

Originally Posted By: BubbaJake
RichAlexis it was the artwork that hooked me first, then the stories and characters. I recently replayed the first game.

I can imagine! I didn't know the artwork when I started playing Syberia I and II, and some people must have played the earlier Amerzone game, but I never did, and only found out about it later.

Yes, the atmosphere, the architecture and the wonderful 'steampunk' machinery creations are certainly the highlights. I like the idea that it's a semi-alternative universe. A lot of it looks quite familiar, but there's always a surreal twist to it, which makes it intriguing.

I happen to own a comic book by Benoît Sokal from his Inspector Canardo series, yes, that's right, a private inspector looking like a duck in a world peopled by other animal-human hybrids. It's really nice, but a completely different style from his games I would say.

Rich
Posted By: gremlin

Re: Syberia 3 First Screenshots Unveiled - 08/21/14 06:02 PM

I'm sure MaG will have already taken my comment as an implicit "flag in the sand" ... Syberia 3? That's my territory, that is! smile
Posted By: venus

Re: Syberia 3 First Screenshots Unveiled - 08/22/14 08:12 PM

The screenshots look great. I had a feeling we'd go back to visit the Youkols again. grin
Posted By: venise170

Re: Syberia 3 First Screenshots Unveiled - 09/22/14 04:07 PM

Are there any news about Syberia3.
Was it an hoax or is it still an eternal work in progress.
Syberia 1 and 2 were for me, the best adventure game ever.

Re: Syberia 3 First Screenshots Unveiled - 09/22/14 04:11 PM

venise, i moved your question to the latest news thread. Check out the first post for the news.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community