GB HOMEPAGE

Pointless but interesting information

Posted By: The Haze

Pointless but interesting information - 09/28/14 02:47 PM

I have been and still am a fan of the Syberia games. (And am awaiting Syberia III with bated breath.) I am especially impressed with the artwork, particularily the architecture, throughout the game. Today AOL had a photo display of "The Old Paris Train Station" and the photos show clearly that this building was at least a part on Sokal's inspiration. This in no way lessens my appreciation of the game or its artwork, but I did find it interesting. smile
Posted By: LeBelleRachael

Re: Pointless but interesting information - 09/28/14 03:39 PM

merci beaucoup Haze!

I also found this Here which looks very Syberiaesque by French architect Victor Horta. Much of Sokal's architectural inspiration comes from French Art Nouveau.
Posted By: The Haze

Re: Pointless but interesting information - 09/28/14 04:33 PM

Whoa! I'm so dumn I didn't know that the "Metroplitan" sign in "Post Mortem" was a real sign. Thanks for the link, LaBelleRachael. blush

Re: Pointless but interesting information - 09/28/14 04:37 PM

OMG you are right...it was in Post Mortem..OMG!..giggle!
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Pointless but interesting information - 09/28/14 04:55 PM

Benoit lives in France so it doesn't surprise me at all. Most developers do a lot of research into the history of the areas they are writing about.
Posted By: Jarkeld

Re: Pointless but interesting information - 09/29/14 12:00 AM

According to a vignette on History Channel Horta was a Belgian who is sometimes credited with bringing Art Noveau to architecture. Really impressive. Some of his work is now a Unesco World Heritage site. A stairway by Horta
It is nice to see designers fitting in real life architecture/art/landscapes. Boakes does this as well. Somehow this adds more value to the game. More passion goes into them than most AAA titles.

Re: Pointless but interesting information - 09/29/14 03:26 AM

Benoit grew up in the French speaking part of Belgium and studied at the École Supérieure des Arts Saint-Luc, where he no doubt learned Art Nouveau first hand!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community