GB HOMEPAGE

Labyrinth of Lies Reviews

Posted By: Kootsie

Labyrinth of Lies Reviews - 10/10/14 02:01 PM

Hey Boomers!

I am interested in your reviews of this game.

I found the plot line very good and I liked the characters.

Some of the puzzles were pretty difficult and I found myself referring the strategy guide a lot. This game had a lot of puzzles.
I also like the ingame hints. This feature is not new to this game but it is very helpful.

The costume designs were excellent and the graphics are great.

Scale of 1-10: I give it an 8. happydance
Posted By: Marian

Re: Labyrinth of Lies Reviews - 10/10/14 03:39 PM

I'm glad you liked the game. thumbsup

You will probably get more responses to your question after the game hits its official release date next Tuesday. I did preorder the game, though, and have finished it. I thought it was quite entertaining and I'm sure I will play it again. The ending was interesting and unusual, too. It's a very good installment in the Nancy Drew series. wave

Posted By: NancyDrew_Fan36

Re: Labyrinth of Lies Reviews - 10/13/14 01:38 PM

I too enjoyed this one. Took me a few days to get through it. laugh I like having the strategy guide to look through and I also like the way the puzzles fit in with the setting/story and not just random stuff. Another thing I liked was even at the ending puzzle, you didn't have to speed through it at lightning speed to finish, like in some past games. Logic puzzles shouldn't have time limits, I say. wink Anyway, this one was well worth the money.
Posted By: NoGreatGamer

Re: Labyrinth of Lies Reviews - 10/19/14 06:28 PM

I thought this was a pretty good game. Not my favorite in the series but a good, solid entry. Lots of puzzles. Nancy of course had assignments to complete, but almost all had a puzzle component or something you had to think about to get them done, so they didn't feel like chores (no sandwich orders to fill or bees to kill!). I thought the plot was pretty good as long as I didn't ask too many questions or analyze too closely.

I referred to MaGtRo's excellent walkthrough a couple of times - usually just to get started. I thought a few puzzles could have provided more info on what the goal was to get them completed. Most of the time, you could figure out with some patience, but for on in particular I was really stuck scratching my head with no idea what to do. I will definitely play this game again at some point.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Labyrinth of Lies Reviews - 10/19/14 06:45 PM

Thank you both for your opinions of the game. wave
© 2024 GameBoomers Community