GB HOMEPAGE

Randal’s Monday Now Available

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Randal’s Monday Now Available - 11/12/14 06:49 PM

Randal's Monday is now available via Steam or GoG.

Check out the Official website here.

Quote:
Hamburg, Germany, November 12th, 2014. Today, gamers worldwide can take part in the geekiest Monday in gaming history: Randal’s Monday, the “Point & Geek” Adventure game from developer Nexus Game Studios and publisher Daedalic Entertainment is now available.
Randal’s Monday features cynical humor, geek culture references and classic point & click adventure gameplay at its best: being stuck in a space-time-odyssey that makes main character Randal having to go through the worst day of each week– a Monday – over and over, players can experience an epic story about friendship in seven huge chapters and more than 20 hours of gameplay time.

The story of Randal’s Monday is way more than an homage to movie classics such as “Groundhog Day” or “Clerks” that the developers consider being both the best entertainment and also friendship stories. “It’s one of the best scripts I read in years”, states “Clerks” legend Jeff Anderson. He stars not only as voice actor for the game’s cynical main character, Randal, but also consulted the developers, Nexus Game Studios, by working with them on the game’s script.

“It is a dream coming true”, explains Nexus Game Studios’ lead game designer Enric Costa: “We’re only a small indie developer, six guys working on an adventure that brings together everything we enjoy about good entertainment: classic point & click adventure gameplay, a story about friendship, strong humor and cynical characters. We’re of course huge fans of all kinds of movies, TV shows, games and pop-culture in general, and in particular of the independent cinema, of the ‘Clerks’ movies and Jeff Anderson’s work – now having him starring in our game as voice actor and working with us on the game’s script, jokes and humor is the best thing that ever happened to us”, Enric Costa continues.

Randal is the best worst main character one can ever imagine: he’s a kleptomaniac, a sociopath and an awful friend above all. After his friend Matt’s engagement party, waking up on a Monday morning with a massive hangover, Randal finds Matt’s wallet in his pocket. Inside the wallet, there’s that really precious engagement ring.

It doesn’t take Randal much and long to sell the ring – triggering a fatal curse: Matt commits suicide, and Randal is now supposed to live through the same fateful Monday again and again, doing whatever is needed in order to fix the horrible situation. Randal must recover the one precious ring and his life, before the situation gets worse… or the universe collapses.

“Randal is a very deep character and players will be able to change him over the course of the game”, explains Lead Game Designer Enric Costa: "Usually, adventure game heroes are presented as being great and good characters. But then they have to betray people, they have to lie to other characters, steal and to be cheeky, in order to be able to solve all those puzzles throughout the game. Afterwards, they're suddenly good again and nobody complains. They have to turn into little Randals, and that's all ok - at the end of a game, they're still the heroes. We decided to let Randal be that way right from the start - no charades, but being a real adventure game character that gets better and better over the course of the game, when the player makes him learn how to become a better friend and human being."

Winning Jeff Anderson as voice actor for Randal is not where Nexus stopped: another highlight is actor Jason Mewes, known as Jay from the duo Jay & Silent Bob, joining in as a voice actor for the game-character Jay. For those who can’t get enough of these two, the digital versions of Randal’s Monday will not only include the game itself, but also an exclusive interview video from the voice recordings with Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes, the Soundtrack and a digital calendar.

The press also honors Randal’s Monday’s story – or as IGN is calling it “Where LucasArts and Clerks intersect”. Gamereactor, rating it 8 out of 10, loves the humor and richness of Randal’s Monday: “This adventure contains so many references to comics, movies, TV shows and games, that it’s surprising how [the developers] succeeded in making an independent game out of it. Sweet!”

Randal’s Monday is now available worldwide on all major gaming portals for PC and Mac, featuring full localizations in English, Spanish and German, as well as French and Russian subtitles. For 24.99US / 18.99 £/ 22.99€/ 449 RUR buyers will receive the game, as well as extras such as the soundtrack, interview videos and a digital calendar.

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave
Posted By: venus

Re: Randal’s Monday Now Available - 11/12/14 07:03 PM

Thanks, Ana. wave I may pick this one up on GOG later. It sounds interesting. thumbsup
Posted By: Haroula

Re: Randal’s Monday Now Available - 11/12/14 09:03 PM

Thanks, Ana. smile
Posted By: Marian

Re: Randal’s Monday Now Available - 11/12/14 09:04 PM

Thanks, Ana. wave
Posted By: sanford

Re: Randal’s Monday Now Available - 11/13/14 02:52 AM

Thanks very much, Ana. I just downloaded this game from GOG, installed it, and started playing it. OK, so I'm stuck already. Gonna need a walkthrough (as usual). Great graphics and sound.
Sandy
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Randal’s Monday Now Available - 11/13/14 03:06 AM

I don't think MaG will be doing one for this game so post in Hints and someone will hopefully be able to help you.

Ana luck

Re: Randal’s Monday Now Available - 11/13/14 04:46 AM

Thanks Ana. I DID find a WT by doing a search for "Randal's Monday walkthrough", so I'm moving along right now. (guides.gamepressure.com)
Sandy

BTW, I know that Mag is busy enough,and we all appreciate her SO much.
No pressure, Mag. LOL
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: Randal’s Monday Now Available - 11/14/14 12:38 PM

I've just used the ingame hints so far,and I've gotten ahead .
Posted By: kjos

Re: Randal’s Monday Now Available - 11/14/14 02:11 PM

This is really a great game. I copy and pasted a wt.
Richard

Re: Randal’s Monday Now Available - 11/14/14 04:10 PM

Thanks for the comments about the game; it sounds good. wave

Re: Randal’s Monday Now Available - 11/14/14 09:48 PM

What a game I can't pull myself away. Everything works perfect. You can save and load anywhere. Lot of talking but that's ok. The people who made this game did a wonderful job and put a lot of work into it. I give them a lot of credit. Well worth the money. One of the better games I've played. I wonder how many more are playing it. It's all point and click.
Richard
Posted By: venus

Re: Randal’s Monday Now Available - 11/15/14 01:43 PM

Glad you're enjoying it, kjos. I'll probably pick it up eventually, as it looks like fun. thumbsup And I like lots of dialogue (my favorite game is The Longest Journey after all grin), so that's a plus in my book. TellTale should also be releasing a couple of games soon, which take priority for me, and I have to space out my game buying. It seems like many of the interesting games tend to be released at once. lol

EDIT: I just checked out a couple of videos on a YouTube playthrough to get the feel of it, and it does look like a lot of fun, similar in tone to the Deponia series. I definitely plan on getting it, and have added it to my wishlist on GOG. thumbsup

Re: Randal’s Monday Now Available - 11/15/14 07:28 PM

It's a really a long game. Been playing it for on and off for three days. I got it from GOG.
lab
Richard

Re: Randal’s Monday Now Available - 11/15/14 07:36 PM

I'm happy to know that you are enjoying the game so much. smile

Re: Randal’s Monday Now Available - 11/15/14 07:59 PM

Hi, "Randal's Monday" players,
I'm loving this game also. I'm having this LOVE\HATE relationship with Randal. LOL
Sandy
Posted By: lynthorpe

Re: Randal’s Monday Now Available - 11/24/14 11:12 AM

I'm stuck trying to get Matt's picture. Had to resort to the WT which says to do this but Randal just says "What for?". I think I've done everything else and I can't progress. Any ideas?

Ok I figured it out. Hadn't done enough to get to see the doctor. Now I'm moving on.
Posted By: MaG

Re: Randal’s Monday Now Available - 11/24/14 03:01 PM

lynthorpe,

Glad you got through. If you need more help, post at Hints forum so that gamers can help you. Thanks.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community