GB HOMEPAGE

Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers® New Free Comic Book Featuring First New GK Story Since 1999

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers® New Free Comic Book Featuring First New GK Story Since 1999 - 12/18/14 10:37 PM

Fans of 20th Anniversary Edition Remake (www.GabrielKnight20th.com) Can Download “The Temptation” Comic Book Chapter 1 Free Today, with More Chapters Due in January

Quote:
Mount Joy, Penn. – December 18th, 2014 – In celebration of the 21st anniversary of the release of Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers®, Pinkerton Road Studio and Phoenix Online Studios, developers of the recent 20th Anniversary Edition remake of the game, yesterday announced the release of a brand new comic book version of the short story “The Temptation” by Jane Jensen at www.GabrielKnight20th.com. Also available in short story form, “The Temptation” is the first new story in the Gabriel Knight series since the third game, Blood of the Sacred, Blood of the Damned, was released in 1999.

A complement to Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers: 20th Anniversary Edition, recently released for PC and Mac, “The Temptation” takes place six months after the third game in the series, and finds the Schattenjäger back in Germany, alone, with Grace having left for parts unknown, and wondering just what one does after fulfilling their destiny. A new mystery pulls Gabriel out of his malaise to investigate in the countryside, but this new hunt will reveal more than just what threatens this town, and opens up what could be the next chapter in Gabriel’s journey.

“It’s been such a pleasure to work in the Gabriel Knight universe again and write a new story,” says Jane Jensen, creator of the Gabriel Knight series. “I hope there’ll be more stories to tell soon!”

Chapter 1 of the comic book adaptation is available for free today at www.GabrielKnight20th.com, with Chapters 2 and 3 coming as free downloads in January 2015. Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers® 20th Anniversary Edition is on sale now as part of the Winter Sale at Steam and the Phoenix Online Store (store.postudios.com) at a discounted price of $16.99, and is also available at GOG.com and other online retailers.

Happy Gaming!

Ana happydance12
Posted By: Mad

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers® New Free Comic Book Featuring First New GK Story Since 1999 - 12/18/14 10:50 PM

Yes. Thanks, BrownEyedTigre smile12 I got an email about the new comic penguin
Posted By: kjos

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers® New Free Comic Book Featuring First New GK Story Since 1999 - 12/19/14 02:44 PM

Is there new Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father coming out? I looked around and it looks like the same one.
Richard
Posted By: MaG

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers® New Free Comic Book Featuring First New GK Story Since 1999 - 12/19/14 03:26 PM

Richard,

The one just release is a comic book. See if it is good and tell us.

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers® New Free Comic Book Featuring First New GK Story Since 1999 - 12/19/14 04:58 PM

MaG,I downloaded the demo from Phoenix and it's the same as the other one. Is this a new game? It's for sale but I already have it.
Richard

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers® New Free Comic Book Featuring First New GK Story Since 1999 - 12/19/14 05:18 PM

Richard, there is no new game. This is for a free comic book they made based on Gabriel Knight. I put it up here, because of all the GK fans.

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers® New Free Comic Book Featuring First New GK Story Since 1999 - 12/19/14 05:20 PM

Thanks Ana. Now I know.
Richard

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers® New Free Comic Book Featuring First New GK Story Since 1999 - 12/19/14 05:35 PM

Have you read the comic?

Ana wave12

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers® New Free Comic Book Featuring First New GK Story Since 1999 - 12/19/14 05:46 PM

I sure have and it was quite good. I thought there was a remake of the other one.
Richard
Posted By: venus

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers® New Free Comic Book Featuring First New GK Story Since 1999 - 12/19/14 05:51 PM

Thanks, Ana. wave12 The comic is great; nice to see the short story in another form. thumbsup12 I hope one day we'll see a GK4. presents12

Kjos, do you mean this remake - http://www.gog.com/game/gabriel_knight_sins_of_the_fathers_20th_anniversary_edition?

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers® New Free Comic Book Featuring First New GK Story Since 1999 - 12/19/14 06:37 PM

venus that's the one I thought was a new one coming put next year.
Richard
Posted By: venus

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers® New Free Comic Book Featuring First New GK Story Since 1999 - 12/19/14 07:35 PM

That one has been out for a while now. I recommend playing it if you're interested. It has beautiful graphics and some additional scenes. One new scene in particular was really interesting and creepy. Also, if you've played The Walking Dead game, Dave Fennoy, the voice of Lee Everett, is the voice of Dr. John. thumbsup12 (He was also the shopkeeper in KQ6 and King Andre in The Curse of Monkey Island. grin12)

Overall, I still consider the original the definitive version, but this is a really nice complimentary version that is well worth playing. I'm going to get Thorsgoats to play it soon, as he can't get into games with older VGA graphics, although he really enjoyed the sequels. So it's nice that it's an option for those that have a hard time getting into the game for that reason in addition to those of us who were fans already. smile12
Posted By: sanford

Re: Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers® New Free Comic Book Featuring First New GK Story Since 1999 - 12/20/14 02:35 AM

Richard,
I think an Adventurer like YOU would enjoy this great game. I've played through it two times already. There is a fantastic walkthrough by Mag right here on GB.
Sandy
© 2024 GameBoomers Community