GB HOMEPAGE

What adventure games are you most looking forward to in 2015?

Posted By: CaptainD

What adventure games are you most looking forward to in 2015? - 01/06/15 07:48 PM

For me I think the games I'm most looking forward to playing, gamedev permitting of course! - are:

- The Journey Down Chapter 3 (might be a little optimistic thinking it will be a 2015 release?!?)
- Technobabylon
- Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet

What about you guys - what are you looking forward to this year?
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: What adventure games are you most looking forward to in 2015? - 01/06/15 07:55 PM

Syberia 3
The Book of Unwritten Tales 2

That's all I can think of right now.
Posted By: Marian

Re: What adventure games are you most looking forward to in 2015? - 01/06/15 09:00 PM

Nancy Drew #32: Sea of Darkness
anything by Jonathan Boakes (here's hoping)
the new Carol Reed game
Posted By: RebKean

Re: What adventure games are you most looking forward to in 2015? - 01/06/15 10:22 PM

I'm hoping that I will make my first game this year, hehe. grin

But to name a game that will surely come, the next Carol Reed is on my list! sherlock
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: What adventure games are you most looking forward to in 2015? - 01/06/15 10:53 PM

Asylum, BOUT 2 and a few others I can't remember the names of!
Posted By: mbday630

Re: What adventure games are you most looking forward to in 2015? - 01/06/15 11:14 PM

I forgot about Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet, and I backed that game! Yes, I am definitely looking forward to that one. Also, The Journey Down 3, the rest of Book of Unwritten Tales, Silence (whispered world 2). I guess a Kings Quest game is coming out and I love the Kings Quest games, and a new Simon the Sorcerer game is coming (I'm a big fan of Simon). I'm sure there are more but I can't remember right now. I think this year will be a great year for games!
Posted By: SCOTTY

Re: What adventure games are you most looking forward to in 2015? - 01/07/15 02:57 AM

...THE LAST CROWN
...SYBERIA 3
...ASYLUM
In that order but I'll be happy if any 1 of those get released by years end!!
Posted By: Mad

Re: What adventure games are you most looking forward to in 2015? - 01/07/15 03:58 AM

Asylum is certainly one I'm looking forward to grin
Posted By: Egidius

Re: What adventure games are you most looking forward to in 2015? - 01/07/15 05:28 AM

All I need is Carol Reed
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: What adventure games are you most looking forward to in 2015? - 01/07/15 10:48 AM

I'm with you Scotty! I'm waiting for those 3 too! Asylum, Syberia 3, The Last Crown!
Posted By: RebKean

Re: What adventure games are you most looking forward to in 2015? - 01/07/15 11:36 AM

Originally Posted By: Egidius
All I need is Carol Reed

Haha, nice one. wink
Posted By: Jarkeld

Re: What adventure games are you most looking forward to in 2015? - 01/07/15 12:33 PM

-Delaware St. John IV
-Asylum
-Boakes' games
-Technobabylon
-Bracken Tor
Posted By: Elentgirl

Re: What adventure games are you most looking forward to in 2015? - 01/07/15 12:35 PM

Happy New Year to everyone!

The game that I am hoping will meet its 2015 release deadline is Cyan's new game, Obduction. I contributed to the Kickstarter campaign to get this off the ground and I'm looking forward eagerly to my reward. The few snippets that have been released so far look promising. Here's hoping.

Elen
Posted By: judith

Re: What adventure games are you most looking forward to in 2015? - 01/07/15 05:24 PM

what Jarkeld said.
Posted By: Lagavulin

Re: What adventure games are you most looking forward to in 2015? - 01/07/15 07:27 PM

happydance

At the moment I'm really looking forward to :

OBDUCTION bravo
XING thumbsup
ASYLUM scared
"J Boakes" games eek
BRACKEN TOR hardwall It's been "coming" for a long time now cry so please praise
More DREAMFALL CHAPTERS But I will not be playing this until all chapters are out oops

Cheers sherlock
Posted By: venus

Re: What adventure games are you most looking forward to in 2015? - 01/07/15 11:15 PM

Dreamfall Chapters is at the top of my list for sure. Episode one exceeded all of my expectations (which were already extremely high), and I'm looking forward to the remaining episodes. This is the best game I've played since the original TLJ and will go on my list as one of my all time favorite games. bravo (Perhaps even my favorite, but that remains to be seen, as all episodes have to be out before I decide that. grin)

Blackenrock is a very strong second on my list. Can't wait to continue The Lost Crown series. happydance

The Downfall remake is also strong on my list, as I loved The Cat Lady and can't wait to see more from Harvester Games.

Also way up there are Martin Ganteföhr and Pendulo Studio's new Daedalic games, though I may have to wait for 2016 for those, so I'm holding off on a bit of enthusiasm for now. grin

I am also very much looking forward to these games:

Grim Fandango remake (Would be higher, but I've already played the original. One of my favorite games. thumbsup)
The Devil's Men
Silence: The Whispered World 2
Tales From the Borderlands (remaining episodes)
Game of Thrones (remaining episodes)
Syberia 3
Broken Age (part 2)
The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 (last part)
Lost Horizon 2 (if released this year)
Monolith
Life is Strange (though I am waiting for a bit more info on this one regarding DRM)

There may even be more that I'm forgetting! All in all, this looks to be one of the best years for games that I've seen in a long time. yay

EDIT: Forgot about King's Quest until I saw it on mbday630's list! As long as it turns out to be (at least mostly) an adventure game, that's on my list for sure as well. thumbsup

EDIT 2: Also forgot about The Day of the Tentacle remake. thumbsup
Posted By: GBC

Re: What adventure games are you most looking forward to in 2015? - 01/08/15 12:28 AM

Syberia 3, Asylum, The Last Crown.
Posted By: ergggo

Re: What adventure games are you most looking forward to in 2015? - 01/08/15 03:14 AM

I'm looking forward to

-Syberia 3
-BOUT2
-The rest of Dreamfall Chapters
-Last Crown
-The rest of Broken Age
-Cradle (they are still making progress)
-AGON 5: The Tale of the Four Dragons (still possible or cancelled)?
-Face Noir II (not sure when this will be out)
Posted By: Mikael

Re: What adventure games are you most looking forward to in 2015? - 01/08/15 03:23 AM

Originally Posted By: Egidius
All I need is Carol Reed

That would make a magnificent tag line for my web site!

As for me, I'm eagerly awaiting Syberia 3 and Asylum.

With Dreamfall, I'm waiting for all the chapters to be released until I start playing it. I'm not a fan of the chapter concept, although i understand that it sometimes must be done for commercial reasons.

I also definitely will play the Grim Fandango remake. I loved the original game, but hated the keyboard driven interface.
Posted By: sureshot

Re: What adventure games are you most looking forward to in 2015? - 01/08/15 06:14 PM

1) SYBERIA 3 thumbsup

2) The Next Carol Reed game thumbsup

3), 4), 5), 6), 7) Intelligent games with very little dialog, mouse driven ( NO WASD !!!), No stick figure cartoons, and No episodes yay

Re: What adventure games are you most looking forward to in 2015? - 01/08/15 08:25 PM

"3), 4), 5), 6), 7) Intelligent games with very little dialog, mouse driven ( NO WASD !!!), No stick figure cartoons, and No episodes
"

Now, now, sureshot !! Getting way too picky !! rotfl rotfl

Re: What adventure games are you most looking forward to in 2015? - 01/08/15 08:44 PM

Sorry Mad, Sorry folks !...... I sort of just took off there ...... oops

But it felt good ! devil

Re: What adventure games are you most looking forward to in 2015? - 01/09/15 04:32 AM

I was only joking, sureshot !! lol lol lol lol
Posted By: Rushes

Re: What adventure games are you most looking forward to in 2015? - 01/09/15 02:48 PM

sureshot, I heartily agree with your 3), 4), 5), 6) and 7). lol

Re: What adventure games are you most looking forward to in 2015? - 01/09/15 03:14 PM

Thank you Mad and Rushes ! thumbsup

I didn't plan on using this thread as a soap box but I just needed to vent. lol
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: What adventure games are you most looking forward to in 2015? - 01/09/15 03:45 PM

RHEM V, though I doubt I'll see it this year.
I'm not sure about the game Knut Muller is currently working on, though I intend to give it a try.
Posted By: Tomer

Re: What adventure games are you most looking forward to in 2015? - 01/11/15 01:26 PM

Oh I'd love a RHEM V wink

Also, all the projects I backed: Dreamfall (yup, episode 1 was gorgeous!!!) & Obduction!
Posted By: aretha

Re: What adventure games are you most looking forward to in 2015? - 01/12/15 09:36 AM

Agatha Christie ABC Murders - this year?
Syberia 3
Posted By: Lagavulin

Re: What adventure games are you most looking forward to in 2015? - 01/12/15 11:29 PM

oops

I'll have to put one more game on my already made Wanted List:

Face Noir 2 I'll pray a lot PLEASE make my day praise
why ? Because five minutes ago I stared into the end of the first one. What a brilliant game it is. I love Detective Noir games like this.

Quote:
OBDUCTION bravo
XING thumbsup
ASYLUM scared
"J Boakes" games eek
BRACKEN TOR hardwall It's been "coming" for a long time now cry so please praise
More DREAMFALL CHAPTERS But I will not be playing this until all chapters are out oops
Posted By: Ghanima4

Re: What adventure games are you most looking forward to in 2015? - 01/13/15 12:38 AM

" Legends of Daemonica : Farepoynt's Purgatory" .... a sequel to the original "Daemonica" released by Meridian4 (I believe M4 is no longer supporting this title frown )
Haven't found any release date, yet.
Posted By: Marian

Re: What adventure games are you most looking forward to in 2015? - 01/13/15 12:44 AM

Originally Posted By: Ghanima4
" Legends of Daemonica : Farepoynt's Purgatory" .... a sequel to the original "Daemonica" released by Meridian4 (I believe M4 is no longer supporting this title frown )

I loved the first game, but as far as I know, the sequel has been canceled. I hope I am wrong. wave
Posted By: Drmojo

Re: What adventure games are you most looking forward to in 2015? - 01/13/15 07:51 AM

I'm looking forward to the Last crown I loved that game! and Syberia happydance

Doc puppy blackkitty
Posted By: venus

Re: What adventure games are you most looking forward to in 2015? - 01/13/15 10:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Marian
Originally Posted By: Ghanima4

I loved the first game, but as far as I know, the sequel has been canceled. I hope I am wrong. wave

I remember this one, and that's really a shame, as I was looking forward to it as well. There was also Culpa Innata 2, Rinascimento: Florence 1529 (which looked really good) and Adam Syndrome, none of which look as though they're coming out anymore. sad All of these were very high on my list back in the day.
Posted By: NoGreatGamer

Re: What adventure games are you most looking forward to in 2015? - 01/16/15 06:03 AM

Really looking forward to playing the remastered Grim Fandango. I never played the original. Having heard so much about this game over the years, I'm excited to get the chance to finally play it myself.

Also looking forward to Syberia 3, The Last Crown (whenever it comes), the next Carol Reed and Nancy Drew games.
Posted By: dianne

Re: What adventure games are you most looking forward to in 2015? - 01/22/15 12:27 AM

everyone is looking forward to adventuer games in 2015
all iam looking forward to is subject 13.
don't care about he rest of them.
cant remember them anyhow.
dianne smile
Posted By: Thorsgoats

Re: What adventure games are you most looking forward to in 2015? - 01/22/15 09:07 PM

Number one is more Dreamfall Chapters. The first episode was the start of probably one of the best games I've played.

Looking forward to the next Lost Crown game. The first game was one of the best games I've played. I'm looking forward to finding more scissors in the bed. lol

I'm looking forward to the Grim Fandango remake because of the new mouse controls. It was one of my favorite games, but I never liked the controls.

Syberia 3 looks interesting, but I don't know where they're going to go with it since it seemed like the story was over.

The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 looks good, but I have to play the first one before I start it. Venus and I are going to play that soon.

I'm looking forward to playing Game of Thrones and probably Tales from the Borderlands as well. Walking Dead 3 is what I'm most looking forward to out of all of TellTale's games, however.
Posted By: gamenut

Re: What adventure games are you most looking forward to in 2015? - 01/22/15 09:24 PM

Charles Dexter Ward, Serena (Senscape), Call of Cthulhu(Frogwares), Obduction (Cyan), Last Crown, Braken Tor, Xing: the Land Beyond.
I like nice creepy, eerie, spooky games. Or a good Myst-like game with NO timed puzzles(hand probs). also must have nice grapics. not old style 'blocky'. BUT also something that you don't need a NASA computer to play!
AND Ditto Sureshot--3,4,5,6,7, !!!!
Posted By: Krispi

Re: What adventure games are you most looking forward to in 2015? - 02/01/15 08:10 PM

I'm really looking forward to the next mdna/Carol Reed game. I need my Sweden fix!

I also really enjoyed the Mudlarks game which was done by the chap on this site: http://cadgames.weebly.com/

Unfortunately his latest game has gone all 'cartooney', I much prefer games with realistic locations.
Posted By: Argyle1968

Re: What adventure games are you most looking forward to in 2015? - 02/01/15 10:50 PM

Cradle
Prominence
Hidden
Asylum

and Broken Tor....
© 2024 GameBoomers Community