Grim Fandango Remastered Pre-Orders Start at GOG.com

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Grim Fandango Remastered Pre-Orders Start at GOG.com - 01/13/15 05:58 PM

You can preorder Grim Fandango here.

You can view the video here.

You can view the remaking video here.

Check out previous news here.

Quote:
Los Angeles, CA - January 13, 2015 - GOG.com and Double Fine Productions, in collaboration with Lucasfilm, are pleased to announce that Grim Fandango Remastered is now available to pre-order at GOG.com (Windows, Mac, Linux) in anticipation for its January 27th launch date. Pre-order bonuses will include exclusive wallpapers for those who purchase before launch. The game is also available for PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment system via PlayStation®Network and sports a new PlayStation®4 dynamic theme as a pre-order bonus. Both stores offer Grim Fandango for $14.99.

Lucasfilm and Double Fine are thrilled to introduce the title to both new platforms and the next generation of Grim Fandango fans. Over 16 years since the game’s original release, Tim Schafer’s final game from his LucasArts adventure game days is soon to be making its way back to fans sporting both a literal and figurative new coat of paint. With updated graphics, a new live orchestral soundtrack, additional control schemes, developer commentary, and more, players will be able to experience the game with a whole new layer of polish and love, straight from Double Fine and some of the folks who developed the original game. Or they can always flip to the original art and tank controls and party like it’s 1998.

In with the old, in with the new! Grim Fandango Remastered is a thrilling addition to the GOG.com catalog of great classic titles and exciting new releases alike. For a long time Grim Fandango has been the number one most wishlisted title by the GOG.com community and today, that wish is granted. Grim Fandango Remastered is now available for pre-order on GOG.com.

Fans can also keep an eye out for more Lucasfilm classic games coming to GOG.com soon.

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave
Posted By: MaG

Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Pre-Orders Start at GOG.com - 01/13/15 07:02 PM

Thanks, Ana.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Pre-Orders Start at GOG.com - 01/13/15 07:12 PM

Great news! happydance
Posted By: venus

Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Pre-Orders Start at GOG.com - 01/13/15 09:49 PM

Fantastic, and on GOG first, too!! happydance12 Instant pre-order for me! Thanks, Ana! bravo
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Pre-Orders Start at GOG.com - 01/13/15 11:00 PM

Same here, venus!
Posted By: venus

Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Pre-Orders Start at GOG.com - 01/13/15 11:37 PM

thumbsup
Posted By: snoopy

Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Pre-Orders Start at GOG.com - 01/14/15 02:19 AM

What just found out requirements for PC version 4GB Ram any idea why the big difference between the remaster and the original version for the Ram Amount ?
Posted By: Mad

Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Pre-Orders Start at GOG.com - 01/14/15 06:45 AM

My pre-order is IN !! broccoli broccoli broccoli

Thank you, BrownEyedTigre smile
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Pre-Orders Start at GOG.com - 01/14/15 10:52 AM

Thanks Ana! wave
Posted By: bigpsycho

Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Pre-Orders Start at GOG.com - 01/14/15 05:23 PM

preordered laugh laugh
Posted By: Marian

Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Pre-Orders Start at GOG.com - 01/14/15 05:26 PM

Originally Posted By: snoopy
What just found out requirements for PC version 4GB Ram any idea why the big difference between the remaster and the original version for the Ram Amount ?

I would think it could at least partly be attributed to the remastered graphics, but that's just a guess.
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Pre-Orders Start at GOG.com - 01/15/15 02:30 AM

That sounds about right Marian. You could also email Double Fine Productions and see what they have to say about the specs. Just a thought.
Posted By: lynthorpe

Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Pre-Orders Start at GOG.com - 01/15/15 09:44 AM

Ordered mine. Never finished the original although I loved it because of those awful keyboard controls!
Posted By: Annie

Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Pre-Orders Start at GOG.com - 01/16/15 04:20 PM

Oh, great happiness! It's been years since I was last able to play the original. I'm in gamer's heaven!
Posted By: gremlin

Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Pre-Orders Start at GOG.com - 01/16/15 07:10 PM

Regarding the change in requirements between the original and the remaster, it would be frankly quite pointless for someone re-developing a game from nearly 20 years ago (the original was released in 1998!) to stick with the same hardware requirements in 2015! Just think how crippled a 1998 machine is compared to even a 2010 one. Why would a developer handicap themselves so much?
Posted By: Melia

Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Pre-Orders Start at GOG.com - 01/19/15 07:06 PM

Preordered! Yay! happydance
Posted By: dianne

Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Pre-Orders Start at GOG.com - 01/20/15 04:01 AM

This is another new one I have never played so this is a remastered from a older version.
all I remember playing is Myst which came bundled with a computer we had purchased windows 98 first edition
and a whole load of learning games for children.
dianne smile
the little ones sure had fun.
Posted By: Iurii

Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Pre-Orders Start at GOG.com - 01/22/15 08:01 PM

Now it is in Steam as well!
Posted By: Thorsgoats

Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Pre-Orders Start at GOG.com - 01/22/15 09:08 PM

Thanks for the information. This is great, since I'll be able to play with mouse controls now.
Posted By: dianne

Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Pre-Orders Start at GOG.com - 02/01/15 05:59 AM

except that on can not get out of the bone wagon.
diane
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Grim Fandango Remastered Pre-Orders Start at GOG.com - 02/01/15 06:45 AM

Click exit in the bottom right of the screen.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community