GB HOMEPAGE

Interview with Lani Minella -- Woman of 1000 Voices... and Nancy Drew

Posted By: Jenny100

Interview with Lani Minella -- Woman of 1000 Voices... and Nancy Drew - 01/24/15 12:10 AM

Lani Minella...
Woman of a Thousand Voices

Lani is the voice, not only of Nancy Drew,
but of characters in many other games,
animated projects, and cartoons.

As many as 150 voices in a single game...

Discover Lani's thoughts
about her role as Nancy Drew,

Find out what games and animated features
she'd like to voice in the future.

And how she became involved with the fight
to monitor and maintain safety standards
regarding levels of EMF and RF radiation.

Find out more in the
*** Gameboomers interview with Lani Minella ***

Posted By: Marian

Re: Interview with Lani Minella -- Woman of 1000 Voices... and Nancy Drew - 01/24/15 12:29 AM

Thank you, Jenny. I look forward to reading what Lani has to say. thumbsup
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Interview with Lani Minella -- Woman of 1000 Voices... and Nancy Drew - 01/24/15 12:55 AM

Excellent! Thanks jenny!

Re: Interview with Lani Minella -- Woman of 1000 Voices... and Nancy Drew - 01/24/15 01:11 AM

Now that I have read the interview, I have a comment.

In the interview, Lani said this about why she was being replaced as the voice of Nancy Drew:

Quote:
I was told that the CEO did some research and found the Nancy Drew name was well known, but the games’ popularity had dwindled. So they thought bringing in a new actor who was local to them in Seattle, as well as possibly making other eventual changes to the game might help increase sales.

This, to me, is akin to the following: Do you remember the popular television series "Columbo?" Peter Falk was an iconic figure in that series; he WAS Columbo. Well, such is the case with Lani and Nancy Drew. If the ratings had been dwindling for Columbo, I highly doubt that anyone would have suggested that they replace Peter Falk with someone else as a way to give the series a boost.

To my way of thinking, this decision to replace Lani is a perfect example of throwing the baby out with the bath water. What a terrible decision. It's a decision that I will never agree with, nor will I ever even begin to fathom how it could have been so much as considered, let alone implemented.

I am, however, very glad to get to learn more about Lani. And I do still look forward to Sea of Darkness, Nancy Drew game #32, as Lani will be doing the voicework for Nancy.

We appreciate the interview, Lani. thanks wave

Jenny smile
Posted By: MaG

Re: Interview with Lani Minella -- Woman of 1000 Voices... and Nancy Drew - 01/24/15 02:11 AM

Thanks for the interview, Lani!

wave Jenny!
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Interview with Lani Minella -- Woman of 1000 Voices... and Nancy Drew - 01/24/15 02:59 AM

I haven't looked at the interview yet but this makes no sense to me: "a new actor who was local to them in Seattle". I don't understand what that would have to do with the "games' popularity".

Loved Columbo/Peter Falk!!

Re: Interview with Lani Minella -- Woman of 1000 Voices... and Nancy Drew - 01/24/15 03:40 AM

Originally Posted By: oldbroad
I haven't looked at the interview yet but this makes no sense to me: "a new actor who was local to them in Seattle". I don't understand what that would have to do with the "games' popularity".

It makes no sense at all. I wouldn't waste time trying to make sense of it, because it will lead you nowhere. Now, if the company had sat down and had a discussion as to what step they could take in the most sweeping and all-encompassing way possible to successfully alienate their fan base, this decision to replace Lani would make sense to me and I would say congratulations: mission accomplished.

The Peter Falk/Columbo-show analogy came to mind because he was a detective, of course - and it's hard to imagine one without the other (nor would one want to). Same with the Nancy Drew series of games.

Re: Interview with Lani Minella -- Woman of 1000 Voices... and Nancy Drew - 01/24/15 04:52 AM

The Peter Falk/Columbo-show analogy came to mind because he was a detective, of course - and it's hard to imagine one without the other (nor would one want to). Same with the Nancy Drew series of games.[/quote]

I know, and I agree.

Re: Interview with Lani Minella -- Woman of 1000 Voices... and Nancy Drew - 01/24/15 04:54 AM

Finally got a chance to read it all. Thank you for the interview, Lani. I wish you well in all your endeavors!

Ana wave
Posted By: Haroula

Re: Interview with Lani Minella -- Woman of 1000 Voices... and Nancy Drew - 01/24/15 09:24 AM

Thank you, Jenny. thumbsup wave
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Interview with Lani Minella -- Woman of 1000 Voices... and Nancy Drew - 01/24/15 11:54 AM

Thanks Jenny100. I look forward to reading the review. wave
Posted By: chrissie

Re: Interview with Lani Minella -- Woman of 1000 Voices... and Nancy Drew - 01/24/15 08:25 PM

Thank you Jenny100 for the link to such an interesting interview. Lani comes across as a very positive, talented, versatile & caring person & I don't understand HER Interactive's decision! Even if they want to change ND Lani seems to have the ability to do so many different voices I don't see why they're replacing her! duh

Re: Interview with Lani Minella -- Woman of 1000 Voices... and Nancy Drew - 01/25/15 12:21 AM

Good point chrissie!
Posted By: dianne

Re: Interview with Lani Minella -- Woman of 1000 Voices... and Nancy Drew - 01/25/15 12:53 AM

this is to bad but then again I will always play
Nancy DREW GAMES no matter who does the voice acting
I will always be found of nancy drew games.
please don't beat on me. smile

Re: Interview with Lani Minella -- Woman of 1000 Voices... and Nancy Drew - 01/25/15 01:13 AM

Nobody here would ever chastise anyone for playing a Nancy Drew. We are all allowed to make decisions for ourselves.

Ana wave

Re: Interview with Lani Minella -- Woman of 1000 Voices... and Nancy Drew - 01/25/15 01:20 AM

I feel the same way Ana does, dianne. wave
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Interview with Lani Minella -- Woman of 1000 Voices... and Nancy Drew - 01/29/15 02:32 PM

Here's a YouTube of a news spot where Lani voices some of her characters
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm1BGVfqWC0
© 2024 GameBoomers Community