GB HOMEPAGE

To Loom, or Not to Loom?

Posted By: Iurii

To Loom, or Not to Loom? - 03/07/15 11:40 AM

There was an exciting event yesterday for all those who love 'Loom' - its creator Brian Moriarty was talking at GDC about Loom Postmortem. And it was the day when Loom has turned 25 years of age!
I hope there would be a video of that talk eventually, but for now there are only articles like this one.

What is most interesting: Brian said he dreams about a sequel - and that he would trust only Telltale, Double Fine, and Wadjet Eye with making it. I have a lot of doubts as for Telltale (who have switched from adventures to interactive movies) and Double Fine (who did not do very well recently with keeping promises and making real adventure games), but there is hope for Wadjet Eye! At least, Dave Gilbert says he is interested smile I think it would not be necessary to buy the rights from Disney as Bobbin and the swans are gone anyway.

By the way, there are many fan-made Loom sequels in the make. Like 'Forge' - it is a very decent one, with the first chapter already available. Try it!
Posted By: Marian

Re: To Loom, or Not to Loom? - 03/07/15 03:51 PM

That is all very interesting. I loved Loom and played it when it first came out. I already was a fan of Brian Moriarty due to his work for Infocom.

It would be great to see a collaboration between Dave Gilbert and Brian Moriarty. wave
Posted By: Jarkeld

Re: To Loom, or Not to Loom? - 03/08/15 01:46 AM

Unfortunately Dave mentions on Twitter that the rights question is very tangled up.
Posted By: Marian

Re: To Loom, or Not to Loom? - 03/08/15 02:18 AM

That's unfortunate. I will hope that perhaps they can collaborate on another project.
Posted By: Mad

Re: To Loom, or Not to Loom? - 03/08/15 03:07 AM

Yes. I enjoyed Loom (although I found it to be quite a short game) and actually replayed it only a few months ago yes

Will be looking to see what happens next, then grin
© 2024 GameBoomers Community