GB HOMEPAGE

"Holy Flesh Eating Freak!"

Posted By: Gordon

"Holy Flesh Eating Freak!" - 03/18/15 09:03 PM

Ok, Ok, So I'm a "Late Blooming Boomer" I just started playing "Walking Dead Episode 1" and all I can say is WOW! The story moves right along at a fast pace. So the graphics aren't the greatest, but I get it, it's done in the original comic book format. I got SOOOO bored with games that made you go back dozens of screens just to get one object, and the proverbial "You Have been summoned by your (add your favorite relative) to solve some inane mystery, etc. You get my drift I'm sure. I know this series came out a long time ago, and I'm just now catching up. Although I respect everyone's point of view, I don't want to read anyone's reviews or hints. I'm loving not knowing what to expect next, but I DO indeed welcome any comments.

Best Regards to all
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: "Holy Flesh Eating Freak!" - 03/18/15 09:04 PM

Glad you are enjoying it!
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: "Holy Flesh Eating Freak!" - 03/20/15 10:14 AM

My Comment is,HAVE FUN. bravo
Posted By: venus

Re: "Holy Flesh Eating Freak!" - 03/21/15 02:30 PM

Gordon, The Walking Dead is one of my favorite games. Glad you're enjoying it. thumbsup It gets even better in episode 2. It has a fantastic storyline, terrific voice acting, and the relationship between Lee and Clementine is one of the best character relationships I've seen in any game. Hopefully, that wasn't too much of a "review." lol I'm trying to be as vague as possible.

If you like it, maybe you should try TellTale's other games once you're finished. I still think the original Walking Dead is TellTale's peak, but they're still doing a lot of great stuff. The Walking Dead Season 2 is fantastic, as is The Wolf Among Us. Their two most recent games, Tales From the Borderlands and Game of Thrones, are both great so far as well.

By the way, I know what you mean about being summoned by your favorite relative. lol That premise is present in quite a few adventure games, isn't it? lol

Re: "Holy Flesh Eating Freak!" - 03/27/15 10:28 PM

Thanks "Cathy1" and Venus. I've heard of "The Wolf Among us" where can I download it onto my computer? Hope it's not "Steam" I really don't like that.
Posted By: Marian

Re: "Holy Flesh Eating Freak!" - 03/27/15 11:11 PM

You can purchase The Wolf Among Us episodes directly from Telltale Games here.
Posted By: venus

Re: "Holy Flesh Eating Freak!" - 03/27/15 11:12 PM

Gordon, you can download the game through TellTale's website here - http://www.telltalegames.com/thewolfamongus/buy/. Not sure, but you may have to enter your birth date before you are directed to the page. That happens to me, even when I'm signed into their website. crazy

If you order the download through their website, they may still be offering the disk version as well. I'm not sure if they're still doing this, but I was able to get a free copy for just the price of shipping, as I'd ordered the game from their website, as well as The Walking Dead Season 2. thumbsup So if you're interested in a physical copy, it's definitely worth checking out. Either way, you can just download through TellTale's website if all you want/need is a download. I try to get a physical copy (or GOG) when I can, since I don't like DRM, but I don't think TellTale's site is going away anytime soon. smile

EDIT: And Marian has the link, too, and she was a minute faster than me. lol thanks
Posted By: Marian

Re: "Holy Flesh Eating Freak!" - 03/27/15 11:20 PM

Venus, thank you for all the info you just supplied Gordon - it's much appreciated. wave

Re: "Holy Flesh Eating Freak!" - 03/28/15 04:17 PM

Thanks Marion and Venus, I've got it on my ipad, but wanted to play on my pc.

BTW- "Y'all" are still the best.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community