GB HOMEPAGE

FIRE now available worldwide

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

FIRE now available worldwide - 04/09/15 09:32 PM

Check out the release trailer here.

Check out the Official Website here.

Check out the screens here.

Quote:
Hamburg, April 9th, 2015 - FIRE, the crazy prehistoric puzzleventure by Daedalic Entertainment is now available! FIRE uses no spoken or written language at all, so it`s message is universal: “Prehistoric people are as dumb as they are funny!”

As said before, FIRE uses an intuitive game design to tell a story without words! By following the adventures of Ungh the Neanderthal, players will have to master the trickiest task of the Stone Age… finding fire.

As Ungh, it’s up to you to explore the colorful world of FIRE and to solve all puzzles in the most creative ways possible. Always helpful are the quirky creatures of this unique Stone Age setting: why not using a mammoth and its trunk to shoot a coconut? Be it mammoths, bats or dinosaurs – FIRE’s colorful Stone Age world is inhabited by all kinds of useful and entertaining wildlife.

A key part of the story, of course, is the slightly clumsy (yet highly comedic) Neanderthal Ungh, who’s also our hero. Ungh starts out as you’d expect – a bit dopey and very unlucky, and unfortunately, he’s let his village’s bonfire burn out during his watch. Now he has to get a new flame, which sets him on a quest to explore every corner of his prehistoric world. Be it a jungle, veldt or the inside of a volcano – no place is safe from Ungh.

The urge to explore has no limits in FIRE – a click on every object triggers a reaction from Ungh or his surroundings – and with a bit of logic players can get closer to the puzzle’s solution. For example, some locations can be visited at day and night – a click on the sun or the moon is enough to change the time of the day, which not only influences the lighting conditions, but also the behavior of the creatures. Diurnal monsters will sleep at night, others will wake up or show themselves only when it’s dark. Taking the time of day into account is just one of the many keys to making the most of Ungh’s adventures!

Fire and Ungh will be unleashed in mid-April and the Stone Ages will get rocked on PC, Mac and IOS.

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave
Posted By: Haroula

Re: FIRE now available worldwide - 04/10/15 09:34 AM

Thanks Ana. wave
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: FIRE now available worldwide - 04/10/15 10:23 AM

Thanks Ana! grin wave
Posted By: Iurii

Re: FIRE now available worldwide - 04/10/15 05:01 PM

I have finished it today - it is very nice and funny game, but very short one as well.

Re: FIRE now available worldwide - 04/10/15 06:17 PM

Solving the puzzles on my own and getting all the coins is taking quite awhile for me. So far I'm very happy with the length. I am on Level 6 and missing a few coins.

Re: FIRE now available worldwide - 04/10/15 06:31 PM

Yes, if you intend to gather all the coins, the length of the game is tripled at least smile I miss two coins for now.
Posted By: MaG

Re: FIRE now available worldwide - 04/10/15 06:47 PM

I'm missing one coin at level 5. frown

Re: FIRE now available worldwide - 04/10/15 07:19 PM

The only one I got in there was the one in the maze.

Re: FIRE now available worldwide - 04/10/15 07:45 PM

MaG, on level 5 you get the second coin for trying all 27 mutations, and the third for jumping in the trees part on the first try (if I remember it correctly).

Re: FIRE now available worldwide - 04/10/15 07:54 PM

27 - 27 mutation. eek Ugh. I tried only a few just to see if one of them gives the coin.
Thank you.

Re: FIRE now available worldwide - 04/10/15 08:00 PM

Haha! That certainly explains one of them for me. I tried 30 times on the trees before I figured it out. laugh

Re: FIRE now available worldwide - 04/10/15 08:10 PM

Thanks Iurii. Got it. lol

Ana - I have 2 profiles. One to test-mess up and the other clean run. So I get the coins on the clean run. wink
Posted By: Mad

Re: FIRE now available worldwide - 04/19/15 07:10 PM

Is the game only available through "Steam" ??
Posted By: Marian

Re: FIRE now available worldwide - 04/19/15 07:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Mad
Is the game only available through "Steam" ??

It looks that way to me...but I could be wrong, of course. wave

Re: FIRE now available worldwide - 04/19/15 08:02 PM

It's available here DRM free.

Ana wave
Posted By: Marian

Re: FIRE now available worldwide - 04/19/15 09:11 PM

Thanks, Ana - good to know. smile

Re: FIRE now available worldwide - 04/19/15 09:21 PM

Marian wave

Re: FIRE now available worldwide - 04/19/15 09:32 PM

Thanks, BrownEyedTigre smile

I used the link and bought the game and downloaded it.
However, as soon as I extracted the files they were immediately removed as "threats" by Norton and quarantined.

But I'll have to see what I can do about that because the files were removed "individually" and as they didn't all have "Fire" in the title and there are loads of them, I'm not sure which ones I should get reinstated scared

Cheers.

Mad duh

Re: FIRE now available worldwide - 04/19/15 11:29 PM

The website is the place that takes the orders from the Daedalic official website so I found no reason to doubt bthe legitimacy of them even though I haven't used them myself. Perhaps you can contact them and they can contact your anti-virus company. Most times it's a false positive.

Sorry about your troubles.

Re: FIRE now available worldwide - 04/20/15 04:17 AM

"Most times it's a false positive."

Oh, I agree BrownEyedTigre, and hopefully I'll get it sorted.

[I've asked on the Glitches Board and also contacted Gamesrocket grin]
© 2024 GameBoomers Community