GB HOMEPAGE

Award-winning Adventure Game Perils of Man Puzzles Its Way To Steam Today

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Award-winning Adventure Game Perils of Man Puzzles Its Way To Steam Today - 04/28/15 05:12 PM

Become the master of your own fate in a perilous journey through time.

Check the screenshots here.

Quote:

Zurich (Switzerland), April 28th 2015: Swiss independent developer IF Games today announced that Perils of Man, the award-winning adventure game co-created by veteran adventure game designers Bill Tiller and Gene Mocsy, will launch today at 9AM PDT / 6PM CEST on Steam for PC and Mac.

An unexpected gift from her missing father catapults young protagonist Ana Eberling into an enthralling mystery that will take her on a journey through time. Ana is amazed to learn that her ancestors were inventors of an incredible technology that enabled them to eliminate uncertainty – a power hidden from the public for generations, which might have something to do with her father’s disappearance. Ultimately, Ana must decide if a perfectly predictable world is a curse on humanity, or a triumph for mankind.

Co-created by celebrated adventure game veterans Bill Tiller (The Dig, The Curse of Monkey Island, Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine) and Gene Mocsy (1954: Alcratraz), Perils of Man reboots the beloved classic adventure genre with a refreshing blend of 3rd/1st person gameplay, striking 3D animations, challenging puzzles and a captivating story that catapults players into a hidden world of time-travel, global catastrophe and personal triumph.

Developed for PC and Mac in collaboration with Vertigo Games, the Steam release includes both episodes of the two-part Perils of Man series, with support for Steam Cloud and built-in Steam Achievements.

Follow Perils of Man:
Steam page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/347710
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/theperilsofman
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/perilsofman
Official website: http://www.perilsofman.com
Join the conversation: #perilsofman

Happy gaming!

Ana
Posted By: MaG

Re: Award-winning Adventure Game Perils of Man Puzzles Its Way To Steam Today - 04/28/15 05:36 PM

Thanks, Ana. wave
Posted By: Marian

Re: Award-winning Adventure Game Perils of Man Puzzles Its Way To Steam Today - 04/28/15 05:47 PM

Thank you, Ana. wave
Posted By: CountZero

Re: Award-winning Adventure Game Perils of Man Puzzles Its Way To Steam Today - 04/28/15 07:43 PM

I like the looks of this game...Will have to try it out....
Posted By: Mad

Re: Award-winning Adventure Game Perils of Man Puzzles Its Way To Steam Today - 04/29/15 12:00 AM

thanks BrownEyedTigre grin
Posted By: roll

Re: Award-winning Adventure Game Perils of Man Puzzles Its Way To Steam Today - 04/29/15 01:28 AM

"Not Recommended for Intel integrated graphics" - can't play this game on a laptop eek

On the bright side, they were nice enough to put this precaution out thumbsup
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: Award-winning Adventure Game Perils of Man Puzzles Its Way To Steam Today - 04/29/15 06:46 AM

I'm playing this now and loving it. It's slow at first and then picks up.
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Award-winning Adventure Game Perils of Man Puzzles Its Way To Steam Today - 04/29/15 10:52 AM

Sounds good. Thanks Ana. wave
Posted By: Haroula

Re: Award-winning Adventure Game Perils of Man Puzzles Its Way To Steam Today - 04/29/15 09:05 PM

Thanks, Ana. smile
Posted By: CountZero

Re: Award-winning Adventure Game Perils of Man Puzzles Its Way To Steam Today - 04/30/15 03:22 AM

Originally Posted By: roll
"Not Recommended for Intel integrated graphics" - can't play this game on a laptop eek

On the bright side, they were nice enough to put this precaution out thumbsup

Oh no, really? frown
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Award-winning Adventure Game Perils of Man Puzzles Its Way To Steam Today - 04/30/15 10:01 PM

thanks Ana thumbsup
Posted By: sanford

Re: Award-winning Adventure Game Perils of Man Puzzles Its Way To Steam Today - 05/01/15 04:30 AM

Fello Boomers,
I just purchased this game (from Steam),and it's running perfectly on my (dinosaur) WIN XP computer. A very cute game.
Sandy
Posted By: MaG

Re: Award-winning Adventure Game Perils of Man Puzzles Its Way To Steam Today - 05/01/15 04:35 AM

Thanks for the info Sandy. Happy gaming!
Posted By: UruKat

Re: Award-winning Adventure Game Perils of Man Puzzles Its Way To Steam Today - 05/02/15 03:41 PM

So this game can't be played on a laptop? Anyone?
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Award-winning Adventure Game Perils of Man Puzzles Its Way To Steam Today - 05/02/15 03:47 PM

Originally Posted By: UruKat

If your laptop uses Intel graphics, then it's "not recommended."
If your laptop has 100% Nvidia or AMD/ATI graphics, then maybe it will work.
If your laptop has Nvidia with Optimus graphics, then maybe not since the Nvidia chip would be piggybacked on the Intel.
Posted By: UruKat

Re: Award-winning Adventure Game Perils of Man Puzzles Its Way To Steam Today - 05/02/15 03:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Jenny100
Originally Posted By: UruKat

If your laptop uses Intel graphics, then it's "not recommended."
If your laptop has 100% Nvidia or AMD/ATI graphics, then maybe it will work.
If your laptop has Nvidia with Optimus graphics, then maybe not since the Nvidia chip would be piggybacked on the Intel.

How do I tell what my laptop uses?
Just saw that my laptop uses Intel HD graphics....so I guess that's no for me. duh
Posted By: venus

Re: Award-winning Adventure Game Perils of Man Puzzles Its Way To Steam Today - 05/10/15 01:33 PM

Thanks, Ana. I've played a little of it, and it looks really promising so far. thumbsup

UruKat, I'm sorry you can't play it. frown Hope you get a chance to try it at some point.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community