GB HOMEPAGE

Zak Mckracken: between time and space Release Date - RELEASED

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Zak Mckracken: between time and space Release Date - RELEASED - 05/04/15 08:58 PM

Check out the release trailer here.

You can download here.

Check the screenshots here.

This was previously released but not in English. This is the fully voiced English version.

The release date is May 12th.

Quote:
"Zak McKracken: between time and space" is a fan-made sequel to the iconic adventure game "Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders" by Lucasfilm Games from 1988.

We, the "Artificial Hair Bros." have devoted our time to create a worthy follow up to this all-time-classic. Capturing the mood and spirit of the original game and creating something new nonetheless.

It's been a while since Zak's last adventure. People have forgotten all about our hero who saved humanity from enslavement. His five minutes of fame went by way too quickly and the money he earned with his award winning book went down the drains when Zak decided to get his own newspaper off the ground.

But now Zak has to prove his worth once again. Stumbling into his next adventure, Zak gets yet another chance to show the world what real heroes are made of...

Why a sequel to ZakMcKracken?
Zak McKracken is one of the few adventure games that never got a proper sequel. There are no high-res backgrounds and no sweeping soundtrack, this left us with a lot of freedom when we started working on this game.

Handmade backgrounds, elaborate cut-scenes...
We think that hand-drawn backgrounds made some of the old adventure games something very special. This is why we decided to keep the gameplay stricly 2D. But Zak:btas isn't just a pixel-adventure, we have created the scenery and characters in our own graphical style and added 3D cut-scenes to add some diversity.

How long did it take to develop this game?
Work on the project began in 2002. In the beginning starting out as a hobby-project, we soon found ourselves reaching higher levels of quality step by step. By the time we finished it 5 years of hard work already lay behind us.

What problems had to be solved when making this game?
One of the biggest challenges has been recruiting a team one could rely on and keeping the members of the team motivated to work on their respective parts. Unfortunately not everyone is motivated and passionate enough to work on a project for free over such a long period of time. But we were lucky enough to find reliable members for each part of development. You really do need a good working team to master a project like this.

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave
Posted By: Marian

Re: Zak Mckracken: between time and space Release Date - 05/04/15 09:27 PM

Thanks for letting us know. wave
Posted By: flotsam

Re: Zak Mckracken: between time and space Release Date - 05/04/15 09:50 PM

many thanks!
Posted By: sanford

Re: Zak Mckracken: between time and space Release Date - 05/05/15 01:11 AM

Thank you SO much, Ana. I'm definitely going to get THIS one, and I'm looking forward to playing it using a walkthrough, if one becomes available, of course. LOL
I just want to say Good Luck to the developers of this game. I appreciate your hard work and efforts.
Sandy
Posted By: Mad

Re: Zak Mckracken: between time and space Release Date - 05/05/15 08:31 AM

Oooooh !! Thank you, BrownEyedTigre thumbsup
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Zak Mckracken: between time and space Release Date - 05/05/15 10:00 AM

Thanks for the heads up Ana! wave
Posted By: Iurii

Re: Zak Mckracken: between time and space Release Date - 05/05/15 11:32 AM

Great news!
I wonder if anybody here have played the German version (released in 2008)? Is it good?
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Zak Mckracken: between time and space Release Date - 05/05/15 12:21 PM

Thanks Ana.
Posted By: CountZero

Re: Zak Mckracken: between time and space Release Date - 05/05/15 04:04 PM

I didnt even know this game was coming out. Good news....thanks......
Posted By: CaptainD

Re: Zak Mckracken: between time and space Release Date - 05/06/15 03:35 PM

Mind-blowingly awesome news!!!!! laugh laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Zak Mckracken: between time and space Release Date - 05/07/15 09:23 PM

thanks Ana.

Zak was one of my all time favorite games. The puzzles were wicked and I loved the humor in the game. This is great news. happydance

Every year I put Zak on my recommendation list. I think Zak, Broken Sword and the Monkey Island games should be in our Hall of Fame. At least they are in my HOF. lol

Re: Zak Mckracken: between time and space Release Date - 05/07/15 09:51 PM

I've just realised my faux pas describing this as mind-blowingly awesome news...

I should of course have described it as mind-bendingly awesome news! razz

Re: Zak Mckracken: between time and space Release Date - 05/08/15 12:55 AM

rotfl
Posted By: roll

Re: Zak Mckracken: between time and space Release Date - 05/09/15 03:17 AM

Looks like fun dance
Posted By: venus

Re: Zak Mckracken: between time and space Release Date - 05/10/15 02:03 PM

Great, I'm looking forward to playing this! happydance Thanks, Ana. thumbsup
Posted By: CountZero

Re: Zak Mckracken: between time and space Release Date - 05/12/15 05:44 PM

Where can we get it?
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Zak Mckracken: between time and space Release Date - 05/12/15 06:20 PM

As far as I can tell, here
http://www.mckracken.net/

Re: Zak Mckracken: between time and space Release Date - 05/12/15 06:49 PM

I updated the first post. It released today.

Ana wave

Re: Zak Mckracken: between time and space Release Date - 05/12/15 07:06 PM

I see The Mystery of Oak Island [Kickstarter] is advertising as "with a Steam key".

Does anyone know if this new Zak Mckracken game is also tied to Steam ??

Cheers.

Mad smile

Re: Zak Mckracken: between time and space Release Date - 05/12/15 07:19 PM

It's a free game Mad, just click on the download link to get it.

Re: Zak Mckracken: between time and space Release Date - 05/12/15 11:54 PM

I'm trying all day to get that download, but it's been "busy" the whole day. With patience it will eventually be made available.
Sandy
Posted By: BubbaJake

Re: Zak Mckracken: between time and space Release Date - 05/13/15 12:39 AM

I don't like that they want to connect to and share stuff from my PC. This worries me. Why can't the extractor just unzip the files and leave my PC info alone?
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Zak Mckracken: between time and space Release Date - 05/13/15 01:04 AM

Originally Posted By: BubbaJake
I don't like that they want to connect to and share stuff from my PC. This worries me. Why can't the extractor just unzip the files and leave my PC info alone?

None of the downloads I tried did that.

The download on the main site (from Google Drive) doesn't work because "too many people downloaded" and they apparently overshot their bandwidth limit.

The download from MagicDisk64 on the mckraken.net website seems to work, but I stopped it because it was going to take more than 4 hours.

Re: Zak Mckracken: between time and space Release Date - 05/13/15 01:30 AM

Originally Posted By: sanford
I'm trying all day to get that download, but it's been "busy" the whole day. With patience it will eventually be made available.
Sandy

Sandy, there are 3 download choices listed, pick a different website. There are two currently readily available, although they are slow connections.

Re: Zak Mckracken: between time and space Release Date - 05/13/15 01:37 AM

Thank you, Ana. I will try them now, but I don't want any "excess baggage" . You understand of course.
Sandy

Downloading now, one gig done. I hope you are enjoying it, Venus, and thank YOU, Ana, for pointing me in the right direction.

Re: Zak Mckracken: between time and space Release Date - 05/13/15 01:52 AM

Originally Posted By: BubbaJake

I had the same problem, but then I went to the link to the other mirror, also provided on their page - http://www.chip.de/downloads/Zak-McKracken-Between-Time-and-Space-Directors-Cut_13010875.html - and was fine. It took about 20 minutes to download, and I have FIOS, but it did eventually download, and I played it a little today. It may even take less time to download now, as the big rush should be over. The link is in German, but the game downloads and plays in English, as long as you select it, and it's the default selection. I like it so far. smile
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Zak Mckracken: between time and space Release Date - 05/13/15 02:33 AM

Mad - I see The Mystery of Oak Island [Kickstarter] is advertising as "with a Steam key".

I'm reading it as DRM free Plus a Steam Key. Don't know for sure of course.

Re: Zak Mckracken: between time and space Release Date - 05/13/15 05:25 AM

Speaking of BAAGS, Venus, I'm all the way down on Level 7 now. LOL
Sandy

Re: Zak Mckracken: between time and space Release Date - 05/13/15 06:41 PM

Originally Posted By: oldbroad
Mad - I see The Mystery of Oak Island [Kickstarter] is advertising as "with a Steam key".
I'm reading it as DRM free Plus a Steam Key. Don't know for sure of course.

Yes. That's what it appears to say, oldbroad, but I think I'll just have to wait and see "where" it becomes available on release. I really DON'T want a Steam version rolleyes

As for Zak Mckracken .... I haven't yet managed a download because the site still says "Busy" all the time - so I'll go try the link venus gave grin

Re: Zak Mckracken: between time and space Release Date - 05/13/15 07:36 PM

Hi fellow Boomers,
I'm playing this game right now. The download took a long time, but it was worth it. This is really a great game, and I didn't even know it was free. I was willing to pay for it if I had to, so I was surprised when I went to the download link and it didn't ask for payment. There are a few walkthroughs online, but have to be translated from Dutch and German, but my GOOGLE took care of that. Enjoy this nice game.
Sandy

Re: Zak Mckracken: between time and space Release Date - 05/13/15 07:54 PM

Mad, the link venus gave is on my download link in the first post. There are 3 download sites available there. The bottom 2 seem to be available anytime I've tried them to check.

Re: Zak Mckracken: between time and space Release Date - 05/13/15 08:34 PM

Thanks, BrownEyedTigre smile

I have the game downloaded now and have played it a little. And I'm sure I will absolutely enjoy it.
[It certainly seems to be very well made - especially considering that it is "for free".]

How fabulous .... And what a treat for us all !! happydance

[Made my pledge for Oak Island, too, now bravo]

Re: Zak Mckracken: between time and space Release Date - 05/15/15 10:36 PM

I've played it a bit... mixed feelings so far I have to admit - but now every time I try to load my (only) saved game, the game freezes. Has anyone else had a similar problem?

Re: Zak Mckracken: between time and space Release Date - 05/16/15 12:45 PM

Sanford, BAAGs only gets worse from here. lol

I think the game is great so far, although I haven't had time to play very much of it. It doesn't feel much like the original Zak McKracken - the tone seems different to me - but I'm enjoying it as it is, even though I've only made it to Zak's living room. lol I only played about an hour or so on the day it came out, so I'll have to get back to it once I finish Dead Synchronicity. The cut scenes are fantastic, the environments are really nice. The story and puzzles seem good so far, though I haven't played that much yet. I chose the hard mode, so I'll see how that goes. grin I'm really considering contributing to their Oak Island Kickstarter as well. thumbsup
Posted By: Rushes

Re: Zak Mckracken: between time and space Release Date - 05/16/15 01:34 PM

Originally Posted By: CaptainD
I've played it a bit... mixed feelings so far I have to admit - but now every time I try to load my (only) saved game, the game freezes. Has anyone else had a similar problem?

I'd recommend posting in Glitches forum about this issue, if you haven't already, CaptainD. It's likely that anyone currently having that problem will be looking there first. luck
Posted By: Mike_the_Wino

Re: Zak Mckracken: between time and space Release Date - 05/16/15 11:05 PM

Originally Posted By: sanford
Hi fellow Boomers,
There are a few walkthroughs online, but have to be translated from Dutch and German, but my GOOGLE took care of that.

Hmm, the only walkthroughs I've found are for the original game that came out in 2008, and some of the puzzles have changed in the Director's Cut. Does anyone know where to find hints or a walkthrough for this latest release?

Re: Zak Mckracken: between time and space Release Date - 05/17/15 11:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Rushes
Originally Posted By: CaptainD

I'd recommend posting in Glitches forum about this issue, if you haven't already, CaptainD. It's likely that anyone currently having that problem will be looking there first. luck

Will do - I think I've isolated the problem, hopefully it'll be of help to someone. smile
Posted By: Marvel

Re: Zak Mckracken: between time and space Release Date - 05/20/15 11:41 PM

Hi everybody! smile I'm Marvel from the development team that has created "Zak McKracken between time and space" and that now works on this brandnew adventure game "Oak Island"! It's amazing to see so many adventure fans around here.

First of all: It's great that you like our game and that you're playing it. Then all the work we've had was worth it. smile We started with this hobby game many years ago and it was a loooong and hard run to the english version... mostly because of financial and time reasons. But we didn't give up and I am glad that we've found so many guys who helped us with there voices - for free. Many voices I've even recorded by myself to get this finished.

Please consider that this is a no AAA production but an ambitious hobby game, made by fans. Some of us were still at school when we've started this in 2002 (!). wink

I'm here now... so please ask if you have questions. smile

Best,
Marvel

Re: Zak Mckracken: between time and space Release Date - 05/21/15 12:14 AM

welcome to GameBoomers Marvel!

Ana wave

Re: Zak Mckracken: between time and space Release Date - 05/21/15 12:55 AM

Glad you found us Marvel. This is the place for game lovers. smile

welcome
Posted By: MaG

Re: Zak Mckracken: between time and space Release Date - 05/21/15 01:13 AM

welcome Marvel. Thanks for stopping by.
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: Zak Mckracken: between time and space Release Date - RELEASED - 05/21/15 01:42 AM

I just finished the game. It was excellent and fun to play.
I had to look at the 2008 version on you tube a couple of times for answers.
I was stumped more than once. Welcome to the forum Marvel.Tell everyone that worked on the game,that they did an excellent job. I'm looking forward to Oak Island.
Cathy urock

Re: Zak Mckracken: between time and space Release Date - RELEASED - 05/21/15 09:53 AM

Hahaa... Thanks! smile Feels good to be here!

@cathy: Great that you've managed to finish it. It's a pretty hard game, i guess. laugh

Yeah, thanks for spreading the word for Oak Island. Your help is highly appreciated! smile

Re: Zak Mckracken: between time and space Release Date - RELEASED - 05/21/15 01:52 PM

No, this Zac is definitely not "fall over easy" lol

But it's an Adventure in the old style tradition and we aren't treated to many of those these days.

So thank you !!!! thumbsup

Re: Zak Mckracken: between time and space Release Date - RELEASED - 05/22/15 11:59 PM

Yeah, welcome smile

Re: Zak Mckracken: between time and space Release Date - RELEASED - 05/23/15 02:18 AM

Putting MY "two cents" in, Marvel, I also thank you for this great game, and for all the help you have given to me with various hints that I needed to continue on to the next phase of the game.
Sandy

Re: Zak Mckracken: between time and space Release Date - RELEASED - 05/23/15 03:40 AM

In case anyone isn't aware, there is a Kickstarter here for their next game Oak Island. You can pledge as little as a dollar just as a thank you for the free game Zak McKracken if you wish. It won't buy you the game, but it will help them out.

Ana wave

Re: Zak Mckracken: between time and space Release Date - RELEASED - 05/23/15 11:02 AM

Thanks Ana. smile She's right, every single dollar counts for us. We want to create one of the best classic style adventure games and for that we put our heartblood in it. So we're thankful for every help.

@Sandy: You're welcome! The "next phase" should be funny wink Please ask if you got stuck.

Re: Zak Mckracken: between time and space Release Date - RELEASED - 05/25/15 03:17 AM

Marvel, I actually didn't get stuck anymore after that "incident". It was pretty smooth sailing after that, so I just, today, finished this wonderful game (thanks to YOU). The Dutch to English walkthroughs were a little problematic, but with patience. I was able to "unscramble" most of the words that were confusing me. Thank you again for providing this wonderful free game to us adventure gamers. Next game for me will be Oak Island.
Sandy

Re: Zak Mckracken: between time and space Release Date - RELEASED - 05/25/15 07:02 AM

Well done, Sanford !! bravo

I'm a good way into it myself, now, and it's a very nice game smile

Re: Zak Mckracken: between time and space Release Date - RELEASED - 05/26/15 05:08 PM

Hehe... thanks Sandy and Mad! We're really happy that you like the game and even finished it. In parts it's really uber-hard! wink

Btw... you mean "Deutsch", not "Dutch" Sandy, right? smile Deutsch = Germany. Dutch = Denmark laugh

Re: Zak Mckracken: between time and space Release Date - RELEASED - 05/26/15 10:46 PM

OOPS,Marvel, It IS DEUTSCH, I believe, NOT DUTCH. Iappreciate the correction.
Sandy

OK, went back to those two walkthrough sites, and they WERE DUTCH sites, Marvel. The game, itself was originally in DEUTSCH, I believe. CHEERS!

Re: Zak Mckracken: between time and space Release Date - RELEASED - 05/28/15 01:24 PM

I've finished this game now and enjoyed it very much thumbsup

And it's absolutely outstanding that it has been given to us free of charge !!
Thank you Marvel and your development team bravo

Re: Zak Mckracken: between time and space Release Date - RELEASED - 05/29/15 11:09 AM

Originally Posted By: Mad
I've finished this game now and enjoyed it very much thumbsup And it's absolutely outstanding that it has been given to us free of charge !!
Thank you Marvel and your development team bravo

Thanks Mad, we're pretty happy that you've enjoyed the game! kissy

Re: Zak Mckracken: between time and space Release Date - RELEASED - 05/30/15 03:03 AM

Yes Sirree !!

So all I can say now is "Hurry up with Oak Island" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Re: Zak Mckracken: between time and space Release Date - RELEASED - 05/31/15 01:29 PM

It's our last week on kickstarter, so please support us by sharing the campaign and the facebook site.

http://www.cunics.de/OakIsland/Annie-OakIsland.jpg

Let's reach the next funding level! ==> https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/vis...est-left-buried

Please also follow us on facebook ==> https://www.facebook.com/OakIslandGame

Thanks a lot!! smile

Re: Zak Mckracken: between time and space Release Date - RELEASED - 05/31/15 02:29 PM

Oak Island looks good Marvel. bravo
© 2024 GameBoomers Community