GB HOMEPAGE

Announcing The Park

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Announcing The Park - 08/26/15 04:27 PM

'The Park' is a single-player horror experience set in an amusement park with a dark and sinister secret.

Check out the Video here. CAUTION - Note the seizure warning!

*this may end up being a DarkSide game*

Quote:
Oslo, Norway – August 26th, 2015 – Amusement parks are happy places, filled with the innocent joys of childhood and the exhilarating rush of hair-raising, but safe adventure. Balloons, cotton candy and fantastic rides to be dared. Perhaps that is how Lorraine pictured it too when she brought her son Callum to one... just before it descended into the most terrifying nightmare of her life.

Funcom is thrilled to announce 'The Park', a unique horror story and the company's first single-player experience since its award-winning adventure 'Dreamfall: The Longest Journey'. Releasing on the PC in October this year, 'The Park' puts you in the shoes of a mother whose son goes missing. When night falls and the lights go out, what follows is a short, but intense horror story set against the backdrop of an amusement park where a dark and sinister secret is just waiting to be uncovered.

"It has been very exciting and creatively energizing for us working on a single-player experience again," says Funcom CEO Rui Casais. "'The Park' is actually the outcome of what started with a small group of developers experimenting with new concepts and looking at how we could draw upon the universes we have built for our massively multiplayer online games and expand upon them into smaller-scale single-player games. Something special started to take shape, and 'The Park' ultimately became something we are eager to share with the rest of the world."

Funcom will reveal further details about 'The Park' closer to the launch in October. In the meantime, please refer to www.theparkgame.com for the latest information.

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave
Posted By: Mad

Re: Announcing The Park - 08/26/15 04:44 PM

Thank you, BrownEyedTigre .... Pretty spooky !! eek
Posted By: meryl

Re: Announcing The Park - 08/26/15 05:23 PM

Does single player mean first person? Or just that one person at a time plays the game? This one looks up my street - particularly if it's first person.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Announcing The Park - 08/26/15 05:27 PM

Very interesting, Ana - thanks for the news. scared wave

Re: Announcing The Park - 08/26/15 05:47 PM

Single player meaning that one player plays at a time. wave
Posted By: GreyFuss

Re: Announcing The Park - 08/26/15 05:52 PM

Thank you Sheriff

Of course if this does turn out to be an Adventure Game and not a Darksider I am really interested as I love Amusement Park settings. However I am suspicious when a developer states
Quote:
When night falls and the lights go out, what follows is a short, but intense horror story set against the backdrop of an amusement park where a dark and sinister secret is just waiting to be uncovered.
. Could this be a set up for an Episodic type game? Also since the release date is so close wonder why no system requirements or what engine they used and why this is the first we have heard about it. Will stay tuned. thanks
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Announcing The Park - 08/26/15 08:35 PM

thanks Ana thumbsup
Posted By: LeBelleRachael

Re: Announcing The Park - 08/27/15 04:54 AM

Roller Coasters always scared me since I was little! eek hardwall
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Announcing The Park - 08/27/15 10:13 AM

Thanks Ana. wave Sounds scary! scared

Re: Announcing The Park - 08/27/15 03:17 PM

Just an FYI, I did contact the publisher to find out if it was action/adventure or episodic and they replied they cannot release any info other than what is posted in the press release. I guess we will have to wait and see!

Ana wave

Re: Announcing The Park - 08/27/15 03:22 PM

Thanks Sheriff

I find that very odd and suspicious myself.

Re: Announcing The Park - 08/27/15 04:16 PM

Well, at least they responded. Most won't give you the time of day if they don't have an answer they can give.

Ana wave

Re: Announcing The Park - 08/27/15 04:36 PM

thumbsup
Posted By: Trail_Mystic

Re: Announcing The Park - 08/31/15 12:46 AM

Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre
'The Park' is a single-player horror experience set in an amusement park with a dark and sinister secret.

Check out the Video here. CAUTION - Note the seizure warning!

*this may end up being a DarkSide game*

evil bravo evil

Re: Announcing The Park - 08/31/15 12:55 AM

Hey! Don't be trying to steal my games. lol

Ana wave
© 2024 GameBoomers Community