GB HOMEPAGE

Remember DejaNews, the early discussions of adventure games?

Posted By: Pokey

Remember DejaNews, the early discussions of adventure games? - 08/27/15 08:29 PM

I am referring to the comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure news group that discussed games before we had game sites like Gameboomers. I was just looking at some posted in 2000. I see Mad's name in reference to a problem in Dust: A Tale of the Wired West. I was trying to help her with a tough part of the game. Also I see Jenny100 posting quite a bit. It is very interesting to see the back and forth discussions about some of the very early adventure games. I was involved in a some of them concerning Lighthouse and Alice: An Interactive Museum and quite a few other games. Google bought out Deja in 2001. They kept the archives but it is harder to search through them. Google Groups is still alive but nowhere near as active.
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Remember DejaNews, the early discussions of adventure games? - 08/27/15 09:35 PM

This makes me feel old. lol
Posted By: Marian

Re: Remember DejaNews, the early discussions of adventure games? - 08/27/15 09:38 PM

Nostalgic. There have been a couple members here in the past, including a former moderator, who I first "met" on the Prodigy gaming forum back in 1992-1993.

I used to look at the adventure news group, but I don't believe I ever actually posted there. smile
Posted By: Mad

Re: Remember DejaNews, the early discussions of adventure games? - 08/28/15 08:36 AM

Originally Posted By: Space Quest Fan
This makes me feel old. lol

I AM old rotfl

Thanks for that trip down memory lane, Pokey smile
© 2024 GameBoomers Community