GB HOMEPAGE

DREAM FALL

Posted By: Vertex

DREAM FALL - 10/04/15 07:02 PM

I saw someone talking about DREAM FALL; I thought: "I have that game!" which was strange as I have not bought any new games for a long, long time. It turns out it was called "Dark Fall: The Journal", (this is not a joke, by the way). From the trailer I thought this might be an interesting game to purchase which might take me out of my long hiatus. However, I dislike games that used to be called "a pixel hunt", (where the clue is so hidden one has to pass the pointer back and forth over every bit of every screen to catch it). Therefore I would appreciate some input, and some answers to the following questions:
1. Are the clues easily seen? (And I do not mean "obvious")
2. Are the links to the next scene logically findable?
3. Does each chapter stand alone or does each stop with a huge cliff-hanger?
4. Is there a lot of nudity?
5. Is there a lot of gore?
6. Is there a lot of profanity?
7. Can this game be played on Win10?

Thanks to all; I will check back later. Vertex
Posted By: CountZero

Re: DREAM FALL - 10/04/15 07:20 PM

Dreamfall is a different game altogether. But here is my take on Dark Fall The Journal...
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. I dont remember there being chapters
4. No
5. No
6. No
7. Not sure, but I would assume so
Posted By: The Haze

Re: DREAM FALL - 10/04/15 07:30 PM

CountZero is right on the money about Dark Fall the Journal. I might add that if you haven't played it you probably should because it is creepily wonderful. However, Dreamfall is a bit more complicated. Dreamfall: The Longest Journey is a sequel to The Longest Journey. Dreamfall in chapters is a sequel to those two games and I know little about it. The first two games are older games and tended to be large, fairly straightforward, and at times rather profane. However, all three of the games have been well discussed and reviewed here on Gameboomers. Just wander around a bit and you'll learn what you wish to learn.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: DREAM FALL - 10/04/15 07:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Vertex
I saw someone talking about DREAM FALL; I thought: "I have that game!" which was strange as I have not bought any new games for a long, long time. It turns out it was called "Dark Fall: The Journal", (this is not a joke, by the way). From the trailer I thought this might be an interesting game to purchase which might take me out of my long hiatus. However, I dislike games that used to be called "a pixel hunt", (where the clue is so hidden one has to pass the pointer back and forth over every bit of every screen to catch it). Therefore I would appreciate some input, and some answers to the following questions:
1. Are the clues easily seen? (And I do not mean "obvious")
2. Are the links to the next scene logically findable?
3. Does each chapter stand alone or does each stop with a huge cliff-hanger?
4. Is there a lot of nudity?
5. Is there a lot of gore?
6. Is there a lot of profanity?
7. Can this game be played on Win10?

Thanks to all; I will check back later. Vertex

Are you asking about Dreamfall (one word) or Dark Fall (two words)?

Or are you asking about Dreamfall Chapters rather than the original Dreamfall from 2006?

All three games work on Windows 10 if you get a recent version.
A CD version may not work on Windows 10, but the current download versions will all work.

Also -- about your #6 --
If you are offended by profanity, steer far away from Dreamfall and Dreamfall Chapters. Otherwise I hope you enjoy the "F" word because you'll be hearing a lot of it -- especially in Dreamfall Chapters. There are certain characters who swear unrelentingly and you must interact with them.
Posted By: flotsam

Re: DREAM FALL - 10/06/15 09:48 AM

Dark fall is excellent - well worth your investment.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community