GB HOMEPAGE

King's Quest II Remake from AGD

Posted By: oldman

King's Quest II Remake from AGD - 11/14/15 05:44 AM

Hi all,

I finally got around to playing this game and wow am I impressed. KQII was the first adventure game that I played and the remake has taken the game above and beyond. It is still the same story but with so much added. When I first heard about it I don't believe they had voice acting (I could be wrong) but this final effort is outstanding. Those who labored so hard on it should be commended.

It kept the flavor of the original while improving on it and I really enjoyed it. If you haven't yet played it and are a fan of the old Sierra on Line games as I am I strongly encourage you to check it out.
Posted By: NDLVR

Re: King's Quest II Remake from AGD - 11/14/15 06:28 AM

Oldman, if you loved it, you should check out their remake of KQ1 and KQ3. Those 2 games are just as superbly done smile

I will add on the KQ3 front, I loved Infamous Adventures' version, but always dreaded the shark, and personally, I prefer AGD's version, especially with the spell casting

Re: King's Quest II Remake from AGD - 11/14/15 06:44 AM

Thank you but I already had those two games on my next to play list. The reason I did KQII first was out of nostalgia since the original was my first adventure game.
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: King's Quest II Remake from AGD - 11/14/15 09:09 AM

Thanks oldman. Will check it out.
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: King's Quest II Remake from AGD - 11/14/15 03:57 PM

thanks oldman. I love all the old Sierra games.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: King's Quest II Remake from AGD - 11/15/15 07:52 PM

The remake of KQ2 fleshed out the story, though some things were outright changed. Some of the changes I liked, but not all. I'd suggest playing both the original and the remake. The original is rather short, so shouldn't take long (especially if you consult a Walkthrough).
Posted By: Mad

Re: King's Quest II Remake from AGD - 11/16/15 12:00 PM

I seem to have so many versions of the Kings Quest games now that it's ridiculous !!
[Not that I would part with any evil]

Re: King's Quest II Remake from AGD - 11/16/15 06:29 PM

Me too Mad. I have all of the original KQ classics (1-8) from GOG and now I have the AGD versions. My cup runneth over. KQ III was the most frustrating of the series and KQ8 was, in my opinion, not really a KQ game. However I will always have a fond remembrance of KQ II because as I've repeatedly mentioned it was my first and one never forgets their first (or so I've heard). lol flowers
© 2024 GameBoomers Community