GB HOMEPAGE

Infamous Quests to Release Point-and-Click Adventure Game Order of the Thorne: The Kings Challenge

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Infamous Quests to Release Point-and-Click Adventure Game Order of the Thorne: The Kings Challenge - 01/20/16 04:55 PM

Indie Developer Infamous Quests to Release Classic Fantasy Point-and-Click Adventure Game Order of the Thorne: The King’s Challenge Next Week

Quote:
Syracuse, New York - (January 20, 2016) - Independent developer Infamous Quests - the studio behind the hit adventure game Quest for Infamy - is thrilled to announce today that their upcoming fantasy point-and-click adventure game Order of the Thorne: The King’s Challenge will release on January 26, 2016 for Windows PC.

As a young bard by the name of Finn, players must venture forth into the Faerie Kingdom with nothing more but their wits and magic lute to aid them as they go in search for the missing Queen. As this is an annual challenge hosted by the King of Faerie Kingdom, Finn is not alone in his quest; the King has also summoned the bravest heroes of all the kingdoms in Uir to take up the challenge of finding his beloved Queen. Will Finn out-smart the King and the other challengers in his quest to rescue the Queen?

Order of the Thorne: The King’s Challenge is a classic fairy tale style game, with beautiful hand-drawn backgrounds and retro 2D pixel art. The game also features a fully orchestrated soundtrack and over thirty voiced characters, with a simple point-and-click interface that creates an immersive magical world with a captivating story. The King’s Challenge is the first in an anthology series of games revolving around the Order of the Thorne and the world of Uir.

Order of the Thorne: The King’s Challenge will be available for purchase on Steam, GoG, Humble, and the Infamous Quests Online Store on January 26, 2016.

You can check the screenshots here.

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave
Posted By: Marian

Re: Infamous Quests to Release Point-and-Click Adventure Game Order of the Thorne: The Kings Challenge - 01/20/16 04:59 PM

Thanks for the news, Ana. I didn't realize that this game was coming out so soon. wave
Posted By: MaG

Re: Infamous Quests to Release Point-and-Click Adventure Game Order of the Thorne: The Kings Challenge - 01/20/16 05:11 PM

Thanks, Ana.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Infamous Quests to Release Point-and-Click Adventure Game Order of the Thorne: The Kings Challenge - 01/20/16 07:27 PM

Thank you for that news, BrownEyedTigre - but I'll be holding back for a while as I still haven't received my "pledged for" boxed copy of Quest for Infamy sad

Re: Infamous Quests to Release Point-and-Click Adventure Game Order of the Thorne: The Kings Challenge - 01/20/16 08:35 PM

Awww, I'm so sorry to hear that Mad. Did you let them know?
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Infamous Quests to Release Point-and-Click Adventure Game Order of the Thorne: The Kings Challenge - 01/20/16 09:49 PM

Thanks for the info Ana and I hope they take care of you Mad.

Re: Infamous Quests to Release Point-and-Click Adventure Game Order of the Thorne: The Kings Challenge - 01/21/16 03:45 AM

Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre
Awww, I'm so sorry to hear that Mad. Did you let them know?

There's a long thread about the issue over on the Dark Side, BrownEyedTigre, actually started by Drmojo and then tagged onto by me - with the latest post some time in November 2014 rolleyes

Re: Infamous Quests to Release Point-and-Click Adventure Game Order of the Thorne: The Kings Challenge - 01/21/16 05:16 AM

Mad, I just read it. I'll send you a PM in the morning.

Ana wave
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Infamous Quests to Release Point-and-Click Adventure Game Order of the Thorne: The Kings Challenge - 01/21/16 10:36 AM

Thanks Ana. smile
Posted By: ExprStudios

Re: Infamous Quests to Release Point-and-Click Adventure Game Order of the Thorne: The Kings Challenge - 01/21/16 11:14 PM

Only Windows?
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Infamous Quests to Release Point-and-Click Adventure Game Order of the Thorne: The Kings Challenge - 01/21/16 11:33 PM

Originally Posted By: ExprStudios
Only Windows?

Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10), Mac OS X (10.7.0+) and Linux (Ubuntu 14.04, Mint 17)
https://www.gog.com/game/order_of_the_thorne_the_kings_challenge
Posted By: Broomie

Re: Infamous Quests to Release Point-and-Click Adventure Game Order of the Thorne: The Kings Challenge - 01/22/16 05:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Mad
Thank you for that news, BrownEyedTigre - but I'll be holding back for a while as I still haven't received my "pledged for" boxed copy of Quest for Infamy sad

Hi Mad, Broomie here from the Infamous Quests team. Sorry you haven't got your boxed copy yet. Steven has all the boxes made and ready to send out but due to a new member of the family making his appearance in December, Steven has been pre-occupied with not only getting Order of the Thorne ready for release but also being a new father. Come February, all boxes should start being distributed to all backers. I do apologize that it's taken longer than expected to do this but we hope to get these out to you very soon!

As for our new game, Order of the Thorne - The King's Challenge, I just want to thank you for sharing it here and hope you enjoy as it's certainly inspired by adventure games we loved playing when we were younger but we hope to provide a new and unique experience with the game too!

Re: Infamous Quests to Release Point-and-Click Adventure Game Order of the Thorne: The Kings Challenge - 01/22/16 05:54 PM

THanks for coming in and posting Broomie! All the best in your new adventure!

Ana wave

Re: Infamous Quests to Release Point-and-Click Adventure Game Order of the Thorne: The Kings Challenge - 01/23/16 04:19 AM

"Hi Mad, Broomie here from the Infamous Quests team. Sorry you haven't got your boxed copy yet. Steven has all the boxes made and ready to send out but due to a new member of the family making his appearance in December, Steven has been pre-occupied with not only getting Order of the Thorne ready for release but also being a new father. Come February, all boxes should start being distributed to all backers. I do apologize that it's taken longer than expected to do this but we hope to get these out to you very soon!"

Thank you for posting, Broomie.

Yes. I am aware of ALL the reasons why the boxed versions are so late being sent out.
But I did, of course, send my congratulations to the new "Father".

EDIT:
Hello again, Broomie.

I just emailed you using the address showing in your Gameboomer profile but my email was returned as "undeliverable" .... So I have sent you a Private Message here at Gameboomers.

Thanks.

Mad.

EDIT 2: Thanks for replying to my message, Broomie. Appreciated !! thumbsup
Posted By: Blackthorne519

Re: Infamous Quests to Release Point-and-Click Adventure Game Order of the Thorne: The Kings Challenge - 01/26/16 10:53 AM

Hey Mad! Yes, your box IS going out next week! I've been sending out more packages now that things have settled down a bit with the new game and baby! But you should be on the lookout for it soon. I've also included some extra fun little art prints we had leftover from our last game convention, so I hope you like the little extra swag.

Bt

Re: Infamous Quests to Release Point-and-Click Adventure Game Order of the Thorne: The Kings Challenge - 01/26/16 04:40 PM

THanks for that, Blackthorne!

Ana wave

Re: Infamous Quests to Release Point-and-Click Adventure Game Order of the Thorne: The Kings Challenge - 01/26/16 05:16 PM

Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre
THanks for that, Blackthorne!

Ana wave

Yes, very nice! And I'm looking forward to playing Order of the Thorne. smile

Re: Infamous Quests to Release Point-and-Click Adventure Game Order of the Thorne: The Kings Challenge - 01/26/16 08:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Blackthorne519
Hey Mad! Yes, your box IS going out next week! I've been sending out more packages now that things have settled down a bit with the new game and baby! But you should be on the lookout for it soon. I've also included some extra fun little art prints we had leftover from our last game convention, so I hope you like the little extra swag.

Bt

OK. Blackthorne519 smile I'll be on the lookout - and thank you for posting !! wave

And I do hope the baby is doing well happydance

Re: Infamous Quests to Release Point-and-Click Adventure Game Order of the Thorne: The Kings Challenge - 02/09/16 09:12 AM

Should be arriving any day now then ???? yes
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Infamous Quests to Release Point-and-Click Adventure Game Order of the Thorne: The Kings Challenge - 02/09/16 08:59 PM

All I can say is OMG.

Re: Infamous Quests to Release Point-and-Click Adventure Game Order of the Thorne: The Kings Challenge - 02/10/16 01:14 PM

That's what I'll say too, if it arrives, oldbroad, considering the many, many months it has been waited for laugh

EDIT: And it still hasn't !! rolleyes

EDIT 2: Hi.

Some members may remember a loooong thread on the "Darkside" Board regarding my never having received the boxed copy of Quest for Infamy for which I Kickstarter pledged many, many moons ago and the awful problems I had contacting anyone about it AND the myriad reasons I was given for the prolongued delay when I eventually did receive any responses.

Well earlier in this thread I was once again told by Infamous Quests people that my boxed copy was to be posted out to me within a few days and once again it has failed to arrive.
And once again, when I emailed the two folks who posted here to ask why, my email has been returned as "undeliverable".

Mad frown frown frown

Re: Infamous Quests to Release Point-and-Click Adventure Game Order of the Thorne: The Kings Challenge - 02/17/16 05:06 PM

I'm sorry to hear that, Mad.
I'll refrain from guessing about why you haven't received your game yet, but I certainly wouldn't recommend anyone pledge for physical items on any of their future Kickstarters.

I think this is the Darkside thread you referred to
http://www.gameboomers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/1022941

Re: Infamous Quests to Release Point-and-Click Adventure Game Order of the Thorne: The Kings Challenge - 02/17/16 07:26 PM

I'm sorry Mad. There are no excuses.

Re: Infamous Quests to Release Point-and-Click Adventure Game Order of the Thorne: The Kings Challenge - 02/17/16 08:41 PM

frown

Re: Infamous Quests to Release Point-and-Click Adventure Game Order of the Thorne: The Kings Challenge - 02/18/16 04:34 PM

Sorry about the "stacking" BrownEyedTigre. I guess I just got carried away blush
Posted By: Blackthorne519

Re: Infamous Quests to Release Point-and-Click Adventure Game Order of the Thorne: The Kings Challenge - 02/18/16 04:49 PM

Hey Mad,

We've had a delay in some of our international shipping, as I'm shipping from the US. One of my associates in the UK has an extra copy, I'm going to see if he can send you that while we work on this bottleneck. I'm really sorry about the delays and frustration; I don't know what email you've been sending messages to, but I have received and responded to several from you in the past. We'll get this worked out; your happiness is important to me.

Bt

Re: Infamous Quests to Release Point-and-Click Adventure Game Order of the Thorne: The Kings Challenge - 02/19/16 06:11 AM

I've only ever used the email addresses you have supplied - here at Gameboomers or anywhere else.
I don't know what else to say duh

Re: Infamous Quests to Release Point-and-Click Adventure Game Order of the Thorne: The Kings Challenge - 02/19/16 10:21 PM

Hi Mad, I got your email and just responded to it. Again, sorry for the delay in getting back to you and especially for you not getting your copy. I have your QFI box right here and will be sending it out First Class tomorrow morning. I'm based in England so you'll hopefully get it Monday or Tuesday. I'll get the tracking number as well.

Re: Infamous Quests to Release Point-and-Click Adventure Game Order of the Thorne: The Kings Challenge - 02/20/16 03:30 AM

Thanks, Broomie!

Ana wave

Re: Infamous Quests to Release Point-and-Click Adventure Game Order of the Thorne: The Kings Challenge - 02/20/16 05:30 AM

Thank you, Broomie. I've received your email smile

[I'm sending you a PM, BrownEyedTigre.]

Re: Infamous Quests to Release Point-and-Click Adventure Game Order of the Thorne: The Kings Challenge - 02/23/16 08:43 PM

My pledged for Quest for Infamy "DVD version" FINALLY arrived today. Along with the two tiny lapel pin badge "extras" you included.
So thank you, Broomie, for bringing this long, long saga to an end !!
Mad smile
Posted By: MaG

Re: Infamous Quests to Release Point-and-Click Adventure Game Order of the Thorne: The Kings Challenge - 02/23/16 08:46 PM

Thank goodness.

Hi Mad. wave

Re: Infamous Quests to Release Point-and-Click Adventure Game Order of the Thorne: The Kings Challenge - 02/23/16 08:52 PM

And I hope you enjoy the game, Mad. wave2

Re: Infamous Quests to Release Point-and-Click Adventure Game Order of the Thorne: The Kings Challenge - 02/23/16 09:04 PM

Thank you, MaG and Marian smile

It has been a long hard road !! taz

Re: Infamous Quests to Release Point-and-Click Adventure Game Order of the Thorne: The Kings Challenge - 02/23/16 09:05 PM

I'm glad to hear you finally got your game, Mad.

Re: Infamous Quests to Release Point-and-Click Adventure Game Order of the Thorne: The Kings Challenge - 02/23/16 09:06 PM

Thanks very much, Jenny100. It is so good to be able to see it on my shelf after all this time laugh

Re: Infamous Quests to Release Point-and-Click Adventure Game Order of the Thorne: The Kings Challenge - 02/23/16 09:36 PM

Excellent!

Re: Infamous Quests to Release Point-and-Click Adventure Game Order of the Thorne: The Kings Challenge - 02/23/16 09:39 PM

yes yes yes hamster Thanks, BrownEyedTigre !!

Re: Infamous Quests to Release Point-and-Click Adventure Game Order of the Thorne: The Kings Challenge - 02/24/16 03:06 AM

broccoli penguin joy

I sure hope you like it Mad!

Re: Infamous Quests to Release Point-and-Click Adventure Game Order of the Thorne: The Kings Challenge - 02/24/16 06:37 AM

Thank you, and so do I, oldbroad lol
I did like the "taster" we were given so long ago .... Which was why I pledged for it.
It had the look of one of the old Sierra games.

Anyway, I will be playing it. And it's gone onto the "to play" stack ready evil

Re: Infamous Quests to Release Point-and-Click Adventure Game Order of the Thorne: The Kings Challenge - 02/25/16 04:01 PM

Hey, glad it got to you in one piece! Again, sorry it took a while to get to you but glad it's all resolved now. Enjoy the game! thumbsup

Re: Infamous Quests to Release Point-and-Click Adventure Game Order of the Thorne: The Kings Challenge - 02/25/16 05:36 PM

thanks Broomie smile
Posted By: Fireflower

Re: Infamous Quests to Release Point-and-Click Adventure Game Order of the Thorne: The Kings Challenge - 04/09/18 07:48 PM

The Order of the Thorne - The King's Challenge is currently 75% off on FireFlower Games.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community