GB HOMEPAGE

Games Over

Posted By: chrissie

Games Over - 05/14/16 07:16 PM

I don't know whether this is the right place to post this so please move if not appropriate here.

I was just so sad to discover that Bert Jamin's site has been shut down to problems with his eye-sight http://www.gamesover.com/

He's contributed so many walkthroughs to GameBoomers & also presented many of MaGs on his own site too & although there's a wonderful database for walkthroughs here, which we still have (thankfully), he also had many in Dutch (I think?) - it's such a sad loss I feel so sorry.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Games Over - 05/14/16 07:21 PM

I moved your post over to Adventure Game Discussions.

Very sad news indeed, chrissie. I feel very badly for him - he has contributed so much over the years. sad
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Games Over - 05/14/16 11:17 PM

This is sad news.
Posted By: michele rose

Re: Games Over - 05/15/16 02:05 AM

Very sad to hear this.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Games Over - 05/15/16 03:20 AM

Oh, dear. I am upset to hear this sad

I very much admired this man and his work and wish him well yes
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Games Over - 05/17/16 06:25 PM

I'm really sorry to hear about this -- both the loss of Gamesover and because the person who created that wonderful website is having such problems with his eyesight. Gamesover was one of the first walkthrough/review websites I found when I first started playing adventure games. It had reviews and walkthroughs for nearly every adventure or puzzle/adventure game -- or links to the walkthrough or review.

I wish Bert Jamin well and would like to thank him for maintaining such a great website for so long.
Posted By: oldman

Re: Games Over - 05/17/16 10:13 PM

I would also like to wish Bert Jamin well and am sorry to see his site go. I discovered Gamesover and Gameboomers at the same time back in April of 2000 when I got some hard copy walkthroughs of a game with a game trade that had the url's of both sites and have used so many of the walkthroughs from Bert's site (and of course have been a member of Gameboomers ever since).

He will be missed.
Posted By: BubbaJake

Re: Games Over - 06/01/16 06:47 PM

Late as usual, but I just heard this terrible news! I have been helped through a lot games by Bert Jamin, and I know I will miss him.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community