GB HOMEPAGE

Microids and Benoit Sokal Unveil the Release Date and Video of Syberia 3

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Microids and Benoit Sokal Unveil the Release Date and Video of Syberia 3 - 05/23/16 03:23 PM

"Syberia 3" is set to be released on December 1, 2016, for Playstation 4, Xbox One, PC and Mac in French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, Polish and Russian."

The game page is now up on Steam also.

Check out the new video here.

See screenshots here.

Quote:
Paris, May 23, 2016

Publisher Microïds and author Benoit Sokal revealed new information about "Syberia 3", the latest installment of the cult adventure game saga. "Syberia 3" will be released on December 1, 2016, and is currently being developed for Playstation 4, Xbox One, PC and Mac.

In the video entitled "Kate Walker's New Journey", Benoit Sokal and part of the development team unveil some aspects of the Syberia saga's return that were never discussed before. It takes viewers behind the scenes of the game's production and shows several sequences of the actual game itself. Though some of the visual, audio and voice rendering are still works in progress that may yet be altered, the team wanted to share a first glimpse of the title and of its scope with the community.

Watch the "Syberia 3" presentation video called "Kate Walker's New Journey" on Microïds' Youtube channel:
https://youtu.be/gLkv99F2I0c

Another video, to be released very soon, will focus on certain important aspects of the world of Syberia, with particular emphasis on this new journey of Kate Walker's.

As a reminder, this new episode of Kate Walker's journey begins as she finds herself adrift on a makeshift craft. Fortunately, a caravan of the Youkol people, whom she had already encountered in Syberia 2, finds her before her life slips away. Determined to evade their common enemies, Kate decides to help the nomads fulfill the oddest of their ancestral traditions: accompanying the transhumance of the snow ostriches to the holy steppes where they can reproduce. The journey unfolds through scenery that is by turn enchanting and laid to waste, where the young woman will experience her most dangerous and wonderful adventures, with her pursuers always hot on her heels…

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave
Posted By: MaG

Re: Microids and Benoit Sokal Unveil the Release Date and Video of Syberia 3 - 05/23/16 03:57 PM

Thanks Ana! Nice screens of Kate.

Re: Microids and Benoit Sokal Unveil the Release Date and Video of Syberia 3 - 05/23/16 04:07 PM

Kate is lovely! Previous peeks made her look very masculine. These are softer and prettier.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Microids and Benoit Sokal Unveil the Release Date and Video of Syberia 3 - 05/23/16 05:33 PM

Nice to have a firm release date. Thanks, Ana. smile
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: Microids and Benoit Sokal Unveil the Release Date and Video of Syberia 3 - 05/23/16 07:25 PM

That looks wonderful. It doesn't look like it's point and click though. Can anyone confirm that ?

Cathy
Posted By: fearlessgirl

Re: Microids and Benoit Sokal Unveil the Release Date and Video of Syberia 3 - 05/23/16 07:35 PM

So excited for this! Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Microids and Benoit Sokal Unveil the Release Date and Video of Syberia 3 - 05/23/16 08:01 PM

I'm really looking forward to it also but hope it will not make me sea-sick.
Posted By: GreyFuss

Re: Microids and Benoit Sokal Unveil the Release Date and Video of Syberia 3 - 05/23/16 08:27 PM

You've probably talked about this before but either I can't find it or can't remember (probably the latter) is Sharon Mann going to do the English voice of Kate Walker in the new game?
Posted By: michele rose

Re: Microids and Benoit Sokal Unveil the Release Date and Video of Syberia 3 - 05/23/16 08:28 PM

woot - thanks for the great news! Waiting to play this masterpiece. joy
Posted By: Starcom

Re: Microids and Benoit Sokal Unveil the Release Date and Video of Syberia 3 - 05/23/16 11:28 PM

Quote:
It doesn't look like it's point and click though. Can anyone confirm that ?

I sure hope it is a Point and Click at least for the PC release otherwise it is a No Buy for me, but it is early yet and I am sure it will be also released as a Point and Click, fingers crossed.

Re: Microids and Benoit Sokal Unveil the Release Date and Video of Syberia 3 - 05/24/16 12:29 AM

No word yet on who the voice actor will be, and I will ask them once again if it point and click. I have sent previous emails to them and they are generally responsive but not to this particular question.

Ana wave

Re: Microids and Benoit Sokal Unveil the Release Date and Video of Syberia 3 - 05/24/16 12:39 AM

Thanks for the update and keeping us informed BrownEyedTigre, much appreciated and anxiously awaiting to see if this game will have point and click for PCs.

Take care
Ray
Posted By: Melia

Re: Microids and Benoit Sokal Unveil the Release Date and Video of Syberia 3 - 05/24/16 01:36 AM

happydance happydance happydance

Re: Microids and Benoit Sokal Unveil the Release Date and Video of Syberia 3 - 05/24/16 01:50 AM

Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre
No word yet on who the voice actor will be, and I will ask them once again if it point and click. I have sent previous emails to them and they are generally responsive but not to this particular question.
Ana wave

Thank you Sheriff
I sure hope that they can get her as I can't imagine any other voice for Kate as it is perfect for her. When I think of Kate Walker I can hear her speak...does that make me weird?
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Microids and Benoit Sokal Unveil the Release Date and Video of Syberia 3 - 05/24/16 01:54 AM

Mr. GreyFuss, I will SLOWLY walk away from that comment - of course giggling all the while!

Re: Microids and Benoit Sokal Unveil the Release Date and Video of Syberia 3 - 05/24/16 03:13 AM

It's not weird at all! It's why I didn't understand getting rid of Lani as Nancy Drew. Her voice will forever be Nancy Drew to me.
Posted By: Butcher

Re: Microids and Benoit Sokal Unveil the Release Date and Video of Syberia 3 - 05/24/16 07:02 AM

Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre
Kate is lovely! Previous peeks made her look very masculine. These are softer and prettier.

Well in the video I watched she kind of reminds me of Lara Croft from the TR series, the resemblance is quite obvious.

I just saw this on Facebook as well about the release date, hopefully this will come with a physical edition, as more and more developers are going for the Download-Only option which is sad for us old fashioned who like boxes laugh
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Microids and Benoit Sokal Unveil the Release Date and Video of Syberia 3 - 05/24/16 10:55 AM

Fantastic! I'm so looking forward to Syberia 3! Thanks Ana. It looks great!

Re: Microids and Benoit Sokal Unveil the Release Date and Video of Syberia 3 - 05/24/16 03:02 PM

Positive news from Microids! "it'll be joypad and mouse, all is being tested now to keep the best way to play it with the mouse. Will be able to answer you for sure soon.
Casting is being done. Of course we are trying to keep the same voices for Kate Walker. Cross fingers smile."

Ana wave
Posted By: Marian

Re: Microids and Benoit Sokal Unveil the Release Date and Video of Syberia 3 - 05/24/16 03:27 PM

That's very good news, Ana. Thanks for looking into this for us. wave

Re: Microids and Benoit Sokal Unveil the Release Date and Video of Syberia 3 - 05/24/16 04:18 PM

Thanks for the information Sheriff

Re: Microids and Benoit Sokal Unveil the Release Date and Video of Syberia 3 - 05/24/16 04:39 PM

You are all welcome. Happy I got a response this time.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Microids and Benoit Sokal Unveil the Release Date and Video of Syberia 3 - 05/24/16 06:31 PM

Thanks for all that info, BrownEyedTigre bravo Just hoping it won't be a "Steam Only" release smile
Posted By: kazzmo

Re: Microids and Benoit Sokal Unveil the Release Date and Video of Syberia 3 - 05/24/16 06:37 PM

Great news. I am with Butcher, hoping for a boxed edition. I do love my boxed games.

Re: Microids and Benoit Sokal Unveil the Release Date and Video of Syberia 3 - 05/24/16 08:15 PM

Quote:
Positive news from Microids! "it'll be joypad and mouse, all is being tested now to keep the best way to play it with the mouse.

Thank you Very very praise much BrownEyedTiger for the updates and keeping us in the loop. That is good news.
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: Microids and Benoit Sokal Unveil the Release Date and Video of Syberia 3 - 05/24/16 09:21 PM

Thanks Ana. Just because it says you can use the mouse,dosen't mean you don't have to use the keyboard also. That's what I was wondering.

Cathy wave2

Re: Microids and Benoit Sokal Unveil the Release Date and Video of Syberia 3 - 05/24/16 10:53 PM

AS they stated Cathy, "Will be able to answer you for sure soon". When they do, we will have a 100% confirmation. In the meantime they are working on making it mouse.
Posted By: UruKat

Re: Microids and Benoit Sokal Unveil the Release Date and Video of Syberia 3 - 05/25/16 10:07 PM

Syberia and Dreamfall are my 2 all time favorites games!! Looking forward to the next installment of both of these! I'm just so happy they are continuing them. rah joy joy2 yay urock
Posted By: Sparkle

Re: Microids and Benoit Sokal Unveil the Release Date and Video of Syberia 3 - 05/26/16 12:08 AM

Exciting news. "Syberia" was my introduction to pc adventure games. And the rest is history. joy joy
Posted By: LeBelleRachael

Re: Microids and Benoit Sokal Unveil the Release Date and Video of Syberia 3 - 05/28/16 02:03 AM

I am TOTALLY exited!!!!!!!!!! bravo One of my all time favs!

I still miss poor Oscar though! cry
Posted By: venus

Re: Microids and Benoit Sokal Unveil the Release Date and Video of Syberia 3 - 05/28/16 03:19 PM

I thought I'd posted in this thread already, but apparently I haven't. This must be fixed. lol

It looks fantastic, thanks Ana. happydance I agree, Kate looks so much prettier than she did in the concept art, more like the Kate I remember from the first two games. thumbsup

@LeBelleRachael - I also miss Oscar. sad He and Kate were a team, like April and Crow (or Zoe and Crow). It will be interesting to see an all new story line, though. smile

I'm also hoping for the return of Sharon Mann, Kate's original voice actor. yes
© 2024 GameBoomers Community