GB HOMEPAGE

Announcing The Secret Monster Society - An Indie Cartoon Adventure

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Announcing The Secret Monster Society - An Indie Cartoon Adventure - 06/01/16 04:14 PM

The Secret Monster Society is a 2D Point and Click Puzzle Adventure with some casual mini-games.

Check out the trailer here.

Try the demo here.

Check the screenshots here.

Quote:
South Wales, UK – Deceptive Games Ltd. has announced its newest game “The Secret Monster Society” starting with desktop PCs.

Have you ever wondered where you dreams come from? The Secret Monster Society is a 2d comedy adventure game where you play as Blithe Dalrich, a dream monster of the ‘underworld’ who, with the aid of his best friend Aphonic, sets off to stop an evil villain bent of destroying human dreams. Meet and converse with over one hundred colourful characters, all with their own distinct personality and quirks. Venture to sunny Caribbean islands, murky forests, dank caves, and even meet death himself.

The Secret Monster Society encapsulates a large amount of mini-games and puzzles. With, one key gameplay mechanic, the ability to time travel between two points in time. The time travel mechanic allows for greater puzzle variance, and story depth.

“The amount of support since first showing the game has been overwhelming. We have been trying to capture the aesthetics of the Saturday morning cartoons that many of us grew up with. And, from player reaction, we may have succeeded.” said Gavin Powell, game director for Deceptive Games. “Being big fans of adventure games, combining the two styles has made for a perfect combination, for the both lore and aesthetics of the game. We are very excited for more players to get their hands on the game.”

The Secret Monster Society is currently on Steam Greenlight. If you would like to show your support, head on over to the greenlight page and vote: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=691956181

Availability and system requirements: The secret Monster Society is planned to release on as many platforms as possible starting with Steam, and will require Windows 2K/XP/Vista: 2Ghz Dual Core processor, 3GB system memory, 3D card with 512 MB video memory and DirectX 9.0c.

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave
Posted By: MaG

Re: Announcing The Secret Monster Society - An Indie Cartoon Adventure - 06/01/16 04:24 PM

Thanks Ana!
Looks good!
Posted By: Marian

Re: Announcing The Secret Monster Society - An Indie Cartoon Adventure - 06/01/16 04:58 PM

Thanks, Ana. smile
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Announcing The Secret Monster Society - An Indie Cartoon Adventure - 06/01/16 09:15 PM

thanks for the info Ana.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Announcing The Secret Monster Society - An Indie Cartoon Adventure - 06/02/16 01:27 AM

Thank you, BrownEyedTigre grin
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: Announcing The Secret Monster Society - An Indie Cartoon Adventure - 06/02/16 04:28 AM

Thanks Ana. I played the demo and loved it. It was very short though.
I hope this game comes out soon.

Cathy wave2
Posted By: sanford

Re: Announcing The Secret Monster Society - An Indie Cartoon Adventure - 06/02/16 04:30 AM

WOW, another sure winner. Thank You, Ana
Sandy

Playing the demo now. Anybody know where the INVENTORY is on the screen? Thanks!
Posted By: Cathy1

Re: Announcing The Secret Monster Society - An Indie Cartoon Adventure - 06/02/16 05:42 AM

The inventory is at the top of the screen. Just use your mouse and point at the top of the screen.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Announcing The Secret Monster Society - An Indie Cartoon Adventure - 06/02/16 05:49 AM

Thank you, Cathy. wave
Posted By: sanford

Re: Announcing The Secret Monster Society - An Indie Cartoon Adventure - 06/02/16 07:02 AM

Thanks, Cathy, but I tried that and nothing happens. Watched the Video Playthrough, and I saw it work there. Very strange.
Sandy
BTW,what resolution are you using in the options menu? Maybe that's my problem.
Thanks again

I experimented with the resolutions, and using 1280x720 was the only one that allowed me to access the inventory at the top of the screen. I finished this short demo, and I really liked it. WHEW!!!
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: Announcing The Secret Monster Society - An Indie Cartoon Adventure - 06/02/16 11:16 AM

Cute! Thanks Ana.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Announcing The Secret Monster Society - An Indie Cartoon Adventure - 06/02/16 01:53 PM

Glad you got it SAndy!

Ana wave
Posted By: flotsam

Re: Announcing The Secret Monster Society - An Indie Cartoon Adventure - 06/03/16 09:24 AM

Looks good Ana
Thanks
Posted By: CaptainD

Re: Announcing The Secret Monster Society - An Indie Cartoon Adventure - 06/03/16 10:40 AM

I like the look of this one. Thanks for posting!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community