Posted By: MaG

New Lovecraft-inspired chiller 'Conarium' - 07/14/16 03:22 PM

View the screenshots here.

Quote:

Iceberg Interactive announce Lovecraft-inspired chiller 'Conarium'
New horror title coming to PC and console in 2017

Haarlem, The Netherlands
July 14th, 2016

Buoyed by the success of the horror adventure series Darkness Within, publisher Iceberg Interactive and development studio Zoetrope Interactive have teamed up again with a publishing deal for the brand new horror adventure title ‘Conarium’.

Conarium is a chilling Lovecraftian game, which follows a gripping story involving four scientists and their endeavor to challenge what we normally consider to be the ‘absolute’ limits of nature. Inspired by H.P. Lovecraft’s novella "At the Mountains of Madness", but largely set after the original story.

Iceberg Interactive CEO Erik Schreuder, says: “We here at Iceberg love a good horror game and Zoetrope always deliver. We are excited to see them working on a new Lovecraft-inspired franchise, as I am sure will be their huge fanbase.”

The game is currently slotted for a Q1 2017 release on Steam and other digital platforms, as well as on consoles.

About Conarium

As Frank Gilman, a member of the Anthropology Department in the Miskatonic University, you have taken part in the Upuaut expedition led by Dr. Faust, attempting to pass beyond the limits of human consciousness by using a device called Conarium.

When you find yourself regaining consciousness, you are alone in the Antarctic expedition base, and you remember nothing. Soon you will discover that having used the device during the expedition, you have died but then returned subtly changed, speaking of strange memories and of strange places. You have lost something important or gained something sinister...

Explore the antarctic base, as well as dreams and visions. Study clues, unlock secrets, experience alternate realities, but avoid macabre beings present there at all cost.

Features

- A deep and suspenseful Lovecraftian story with lots of secrets and Easter eggs.

- Ominous but wonderful graphics created with the Unreal 4 engine.

- Death is used as a feature. When the player dies, they will be teleported to a different location where unlocking more clues and secrets related to the game’s story could be possible.

- Two difficulty levels, with only maximum difficulty unlocking all content present in the game. At the easiest level the player can’t die, but will miss out on certain locations.

- A haunting soundtrack.

Posted By: Marian

Re: New Lovecraft-inspired chiller 'Conarium' - 07/14/16 03:36 PM

Interesting news, MaG - thanks! wave
Posted By: Mad

Re: New Lovecraft-inspired chiller 'Conarium' - 07/14/16 05:39 PM

Like the sound f this game, certainly, and thanks for the news, MaG yes

But am not impressed by the announcement of a penalty if the most difficult level is not tackled !!
What on earth is that all about think
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: New Lovecraft-inspired chiller 'Conarium' - 07/14/16 09:21 PM

Thanks, MaG!
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: New Lovecraft-inspired chiller 'Conarium' - 07/14/16 09:26 PM

thanks MaG thumbsup
Posted By: GBC

Re: New Lovecraft-inspired chiller 'Conarium' - 07/14/16 10:31 PM

Thanks MaG. Like the screenshots!
Posted By: Kaki's Sister

Re: New Lovecraft-inspired chiller 'Conarium' - 07/17/16 10:12 AM

Sounds intriguing MaG! Thanks. wave
Posted By: G-1

Re: New Lovecraft-inspired chiller 'Conarium' - 05/15/17 11:36 PM

I'm very interested in this game mainly because I loved Darkness Within games. Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: New Lovecraft-inspired chiller 'Conarium' - 05/16/17 12:44 AM

I am alpha and beta testing Conarium and it is just excellent. We've just gotten the final beta release to test this weekend. I'd rather let the press release speak for itself at this point as we still have a few wrinkles to iron out, but it's going to be a great Lovecraftian game when it's done.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: New Lovecraft-inspired chiller 'Conarium' - 05/16/17 12:47 AM

The more recent threads have been added on the DarkSide so I will move this one there.
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: New Lovecraft-inspired chiller 'Conarium' - 05/16/17 01:20 AM

I wondered about this one... while it is mouse and keyboard driven, it is not an RPG or action or FPS game. Not sure how to classify it. If it were point and click, it would totally be an adventure game.
Posted By: Mad

Re: New Lovecraft-inspired chiller 'Conarium' - 05/16/17 04:57 PM

Thanks, MaG wave
Posted By: hagatha

Re: New Lovecraft-inspired chiller 'Conarium' - 05/16/17 05:04 PM

I haven't had a really good scare since Call of Cthulhu (remember those chase scenes scared ?), but this looks promising.
Posted By: looney4labs

Re: New Lovecraft-inspired chiller 'Conarium' - 05/16/17 06:29 PM

Thanks, MaG wavegirl
© 2024 GameBoomers Community