GB HOMEPAGE

Barrow Hill - The Dark Path Boxed and DRM Version Now Available

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Barrow Hill - The Dark Path Boxed and DRM Version Now Available - 12/03/16 03:49 PM

You can do you shopping here on the Barrow Hill website.

Select the buy now button and select your choice.

The retail boxed version is NOT Steam and is DRM-Free.

Quote:
Barrow Hill - The Dark Path

It has been 10 years since the 'Barrow Hill Incident', a terrible, unsolved mystery, when several people lost their lives to the force inside the hill. No-one knows what really happened, except you. Something to do with the ancient standing stones, the old Druid Circle. It was built by pagans, millennia ago, for purposes that we can only guess at. Until now.

It is the Autumn Equinox, when day and night are equal, exactly as they were a decade ago. You have returned to the scene of the crime, seeking answers. Could such an event happen again? What trials and offerings await? As you leave the car behind, and step into the dark world of the old woods, you wonder whether you seek the truth, or you are following the Dark Path.

Joining you on your adventure, once again, is kooky amateur late-night DJ Emma Harry. She is worried for her teenage friend, Mia, who has been behaving suspiciously. Emma has heard rumours of rituals, ceremonies and Devil Worship near the old Barrow Hill Service Station. Could Mia be involved? She may have good reason, Mia's brother Ben was among the missing 10 years ago. Is time repeating itself?

Features -
Sequel to Barrow Hill - Curse of the Ancient Circle.
A classic style 'point and click' adventure.
Explore the woods, standing stones and abandoned buildings of Barrow Hill, Cornwall.
A full spooky soundtrack, featuring real-world sfx from the setting.
Solve a myriad of puzzles and enigmas.
Full voice cast, to bring the adventure to life.
Search for lost treasures from the Bronze Age.
Use archaeology to uncover sites not seen for thousands of years.

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave2
Posted By: Marian

Re: Barrow Hill - The Dark Path Boxed and DRM Version Now Available - 12/03/16 04:00 PM

Excellent news, Ana. Thanks! happydance12
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Barrow Hill - The Dark Path Boxed and DRM Version Now Available - 12/03/16 04:40 PM

It looks like the disc is from Iceberg and not directly from the developer.

Is this a DRM-free disc that does not require a Steam account or Steam connection?
Posted By: revco

Re: Barrow Hill - The Dark Path Boxed and DRM Version Now Available - 12/03/16 04:52 PM

Thanks for this.

Re: Barrow Hill - The Dark Path Boxed and DRM Version Now Available - 12/03/16 05:22 PM

Jenny, I'll let you know in a few.
Posted By: TLC

Re: Barrow Hill - The Dark Path Boxed and DRM Version Now Available - 12/03/16 07:25 PM

I tried the link, it says "not found". duh12
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Barrow Hill - The Dark Path Boxed and DRM Version Now Available - 12/03/16 07:33 PM

Link worked for me...

Re: Barrow Hill - The Dark Path Boxed and DRM Version Now Available - 12/03/16 07:40 PM

Could it be that I'm on a Mac?

Re: Barrow Hill - The Dark Path Boxed and DRM Version Now Available - 12/03/16 07:51 PM

Great news for DRM Free fans, the boxed version is not Steam and is DRM-free!

Re: Barrow Hill - The Dark Path Boxed and DRM Version Now Available - 12/03/16 08:42 PM

Originally Posted By: TLC
Could it be that I'm on a Mac?

Shouldn't matter Trudy. It's available on Mac. Try this link.

Ana :wave:
Posted By: Carrie

Re: Barrow Hill - The Dark Path Boxed and DRM Version Now Available - 12/03/16 08:47 PM

reindeerThank you Ana.

Just bought mine... the DRM-free download. I was really tempted to buy the box version, but decided on the 'clutter-free' method instead.

Re: Barrow Hill - The Dark Path Boxed and DRM Version Now Available - 12/03/16 09:50 PM

I get the same thing, Ana. frown12

I googled it and found it on Iceberg games, ordered the boxed version. Good thing I have a windows laptop too. happydance12
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Barrow Hill - The Dark Path Boxed and DRM Version Now Available - 12/04/16 12:02 AM

Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre
Great news for DRM Free fans, the boxed version is not Steam and is DRM-free!

Thank you for finding out about that, Ana.

Re: Barrow Hill - The Dark Path Boxed and DRM Version Now Available - 12/04/16 01:14 AM

Oh good grief... after downloading the game, I discovered that my Norton software first quarantined, and then dumped the .exe file, so I couldn't install. Something called WS.Reputation.1 was the problem. I skimmed through AlchemyMindworks explanation from 2011 & it seems that Norton views lesser-used installers as threats, without a distinction between a virus vs. low-use as being the cause. The suggestion seemed to be that it likely is not problematic, if I read it correctly.

Geesh....
I should've just bought the boxed version.

I... well, we all know Shadow Tor, so there's no trust issue about the people behind the game. They're our friends... have been for quite some time. It's just that seeing a word like "threat" is jitter-causing. Hopefully my concern is greater than this perceived problem, and it can be sorted out.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Barrow Hill - The Dark Path Boxed and DRM Version Now Available - 12/04/16 02:36 AM

Many, many thanks, BrownEyedTigre !! kissy12
You kept your word and notified us when a Non-Steam version became available and I will be off to buy my copy very, very shortly thumbsup12

Carrie ....
You can just instruct Norton to allow the game. I've done that on several occasions where I've known files to be safe smile12

EDIT :Done the deed and bought the game santadance
Posted By: dianne

Re: Barrow Hill - The Dark Path Boxed and DRM Version Now Available - 12/04/16 05:52 AM

the link doesn't work for me thanks dianne
Posted By: Laurette

Re: Barrow Hill - The Dark Path Boxed and DRM Version Now Available - 12/04/16 06:21 AM

The link also doesn't work for me. Tried Iceburg website, didn't find it. (also (duh) was does DRM-free mean?

I usually don't care for Steam games; however, after researching further. found out that Steam has a LOT more variety than another popular website.

Really am interested in the most current Barrow Hill game. Thank you.
Posted By: Uncle Reg

Re: Barrow Hill - The Dark Path Boxed and DRM Version Now Available - 12/04/16 06:28 AM

Thanks, Ana. Downloading it now.

Re: Barrow Hill - The Dark Path Boxed and DRM Version Now Available - 12/04/16 07:35 AM

Laurette, some people don't like Steam, I happen to like it. You can take your pick from where you wish to purchase.

Carrie, some anti-virus sends a false positive. Sorry that happened to you.

Can't explain why some of you can't access the website. :duh:
Posted By: Starcom

Re: Barrow Hill - The Dark Path Boxed and DRM Version Now Available - 12/05/16 02:08 AM

Hi,
I just bought the DRM-free download and all went smoothly, my Kaspersky security software did not give me any problems when downloading nor did it give me any problems when installing it.

I played the game for about 30 minutes to test to see if it worked correctly and so far so good.

Wow, what a eerie game and it has been a long time since I've played an adventure game that gave me chills. Will be awhile before I continue the game since I have others to finish, but I am looking forward to playing this one.

In my opinion, it is well worth the $17.77 Canadian dollars ($13.0 US)

Re: Barrow Hill - The Dark Path Boxed and DRM Version Now Available - 12/05/16 03:30 AM

So happy to hear all went well Starcom!
Posted By: sarahandus

Re: Barrow Hill - The Dark Path Boxed and DRM Version Now Available - 12/05/16 02:33 PM

I thought I might have to skip the latest Barrow Hill, but you have saved the day with the news of a DRM free version. Immediately bought it!

Now if only the new Syberia comes out DRM free I'll be in game heaven.

Re: Barrow Hill - The Dark Path Boxed and DRM Version Now Available - 12/05/16 07:57 PM

thanks Mad & Ana All's well now and the game's ready to play.

Thank you for easing my jitters regarding WS.Reputation.1... which seemed to be less of an issue, because I subsequently got a popup saying I needed 3d3x9_43.dll. Went to MS site & downloaded the most current (I believe) DirectX, disabled my Norton & installed it, enabled Norton... and then installed the game with no further problems.

Looks like it's GAMEtime now!!
Again, thanks for being there.

Re: Barrow Hill - The Dark Path Boxed and DRM Version Now Available - 12/05/16 08:54 PM

Enjoy Carrie!

Re: Barrow Hill - The Dark Path Boxed and DRM Version Now Available - 12/06/16 06:00 AM

yay12 yay12 yay12

Re: Barrow Hill - The Dark Path Boxed and DRM Version Now Available - 12/08/16 10:01 PM

My retail, DRM Free version arrived today .... A game on a disk (yahoo !!) AND a nice little manual included broccoli12

Re: Barrow Hill - The Dark Path Boxed and DRM Version Now Available - 12/08/16 11:07 PM

Enjoy, Mad!
Posted By: GBC

Re: Barrow Hill - The Dark Path Boxed and DRM Version Now Available - 12/09/16 12:39 AM

Downloading now. woot
Posted By: RebKean

Re: Barrow Hill - The Dark Path Boxed and DRM Version Now Available - 12/09/16 04:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Laurette

The link also doesn't work for me. Tried Iceburg website, didn't find it. (also (duh) was does DRM-free mean?

I usually don't care for Steam games; however, after researching further. found out that Steam has a LOT more variety than another popular website.

Really am interested in the most current Barrow Hill game. Thank you.

DRM-free means that you can copy it or burn it or something. I'm not good at explaining it, but it's free to copy anyway. thumbsup12

Re: Barrow Hill - The Dark Path Boxed and DRM Version Now Available - 12/09/16 07:04 PM

Have been playing with no problems.

After so many years, I still remember a lot of that stuff around the now-dilapidated service station... even expected another surprise "Caw-caw" of a raven while exploring the area near the back entrance... which gave all of us a scare!

It's good to be back in Barrow Hill. Spooky and good.

Re: Barrow Hill - The Dark Path Boxed and DRM Version Now Available - 12/09/16 07:22 PM

I hope I get mine soon. presents12 wavegirl

Where does the game ship from? Me and a friend ordered it from Iceburg and didn't get any purchase emails or the game? Thanks.
Posted By: Jarkeld

Re: Barrow Hill - The Dark Path Boxed and DRM Version Now Available - 12/10/16 11:35 PM

Most likely The Netherlands as Iceberg is based just some 20 odd kilometers from where I live.

Re: Barrow Hill - The Dark Path Boxed and DRM Version Now Available - 12/12/16 08:42 AM

Originally Posted By: TLC
I hope I get mine soon. presents12 wavegirl

Where does the game ship from? Me and a friend ordered it from Iceburg and didn't get any purchase emails or the game? Thanks.

I am in the UK and received my game without any problems thumbsup12
But, like you, I didn't receive an email confirmation of purchase.
[In fact the only acknowledement I got was my "payment" receipt from PayPal.]

I suppose it just depends on where you live how long it will take the game to reach you ....
Posted By: Upsydaisy

Re: Barrow Hill - The Dark Path Boxed and DRM Version Now Available - 12/12/16 07:31 PM

Greenman Gaming have this in their sale for £2.74. happydance12

Re: Barrow Hill - The Dark Path Boxed and DRM Version Now Available - 12/12/16 08:41 PM

It's worth far more! That is a steal!
Posted By: colpet

Re: Barrow Hill - The Dark Path Boxed and DRM Version Now Available - 12/12/16 08:59 PM

Got my DVD in the mail today. I think the last time I held a new tangible, physical game was the most recent Tex Murphy that I Kickstarted.
Posted By: GreyFuss

Re: Barrow Hill - The Dark Path Boxed and DRM Version Now Available - 12/12/16 10:44 PM

Colpet

You have got your DVD for the Tex Murphy Kickstarter?

Re: Barrow Hill - The Dark Path Boxed and DRM Version Now Available - 12/13/16 02:03 AM

Originally Posted By: GreyFuss
Colpet

Now you have got me second guessing. I thought that was the last DVD I played. I will have to go and check.
Posted By: GreyFuss

Re: Barrow Hill - The Dark Path Boxed and DRM Version Now Available - 12/13/16 03:27 AM

The reason I asked is that I don't remember getting mine...but now I can't remember if I was supposed to. I do know I am still waiting for my Obduction boxed edition.

Re: Barrow Hill - The Dark Path Boxed and DRM Version Now Available - 12/13/16 06:14 PM

Originally Posted By: colpet
Originally Posted By: GreyFuss
Colpet

Now you have got me second guessing. I thought that was the last DVD I played. I will have to go and check.

I do have a collector's edition DVD in a plastic case for The Tesla Effect.

Re: Barrow Hill - The Dark Path Boxed and DRM Version Now Available - 12/13/16 09:02 PM

Ok, thanks. As long as I get it before my new HP laptop arrives. happydance12 It'll be the first game played on it. happydance12 wavegirl

santadance

Re: Barrow Hill - The Dark Path Boxed and DRM Version Now Available - 12/14/16 11:35 AM

Fingers crossed TLC !!!! luck santa

Re: Barrow Hill - The Dark Path Boxed and DRM Version Now Available - 12/14/16 05:30 PM

Thanks Mad. thumbsup12 santa
Posted By: meryl

Re: Barrow Hill - The Dark Path Boxed and DRM Version Now Available - 12/15/16 07:31 PM

Just finished the game. Fabulous. I can'r see anyone being disappointed by this game.

I was surprised to see jonathan Boakes in the list of credits for some of the voice acting and camera work. I didn't realise they collaborated this closely; very nice to see.

A treat in store for all you folks who've been patient enough to wait for the non-Steam release.
santadance
Posted By: Jarkeld

Re: Barrow Hill - The Dark Path Boxed and DRM Version Now Available - 12/16/16 01:02 AM

They have collaborated on the first one as well and on The Lost Crown.

Edit: You can see Jonathan on one of the Missing posters in The Dark Path.
Posted By: meryl

Re: Barrow Hill - The Dark Path Boxed and DRM Version Now Available - 12/16/16 09:16 AM

I didn't know that Jarkeld. No wonder the games are so good. A double mega-talent.
Any chance of a more formal and closer tie-up between the two studios? Like an amalgamation? Mind you - If it aint broke.......

Re: Barrow Hill - The Dark Path Boxed and DRM Version Now Available - 12/19/16 05:26 PM

I think my game is coming today and the new HP on Thursday, can't wait to play it. santadance
Posted By: deleterman

Re: Barrow Hill - The Dark Path Boxed and DRM Version Now Available - 12/19/16 06:43 PM

hi all - went to site to get this game yikes what is it in US dollars ? has anyone got this game from them ? wat about shipping charge ? wave2

Re: Barrow Hill - The Dark Path Boxed and DRM Version Now Available - 12/19/16 06:53 PM

It cost me $21.89 USD. santa

Re: Barrow Hill - The Dark Path Boxed and DRM Version Now Available - 12/19/16 06:54 PM

Originally Posted By: deleterman
hi all - went to site to get this game yikes what is it in US dollars ? has anyone got this game from them ? wat about shipping charge ? wave2

And $21.89 includes the price of shipping. wave12
Posted By: deleterman

Re: Barrow Hill - The Dark Path Boxed and DRM Version Now Available - 12/20/16 12:51 AM

thanks ,is that from ICEBERG GAMES ?

Re: Barrow Hill - The Dark Path Boxed and DRM Version Now Available - 12/20/16 01:39 AM

Originally Posted By: deleterman
thanks ,is that from ICEBERG GAMES ?

Yes. santa
Posted By: FlyingDutchman42

Re: Barrow Hill - The Dark Path Boxed and DRM Version Now Available - 12/20/16 06:31 PM

I have "Steamed" the game yesterday. lol12
Barrow Hill, here I come! ... joy
(though being somewhat slower than ten years ago!)
zombie cry12 slapforehead

Rob

Re: Barrow Hill - The Dark Path Boxed and DRM Version Now Available - 12/20/16 06:32 PM

Let us know how you like the game, Rob. grin12
Posted By: FlyingDutchman42

Re: Barrow Hill - The Dark Path Boxed and DRM Version Now Available - 12/20/16 06:38 PM

I read you loud and clear! wave12

Re: Barrow Hill - The Dark Path Boxed and DRM Version Now Available - 12/21/16 06:28 PM

Still waiting for my game to arrive. insane santa

Re: Barrow Hill - The Dark Path Boxed and DRM Version Now Available - 12/21/16 08:56 PM

Hope you don't have to wait much longer, TLC wave12

Re: Barrow Hill - The Dark Path Boxed and DRM Version Now Available - 12/21/16 09:05 PM

Thanks Mad, I hope so too. santa My new laptop, I guess will be ready for when it arrives, getting that today. santadance wave12

I got the game today. santadance

Re: Barrow Hill - The Dark Path Boxed and DRM Version Now Available - 12/22/16 03:45 PM

Hurrah !! Both in time for Christmas !! bravo12 bravo12 bravo12

Re: Barrow Hill - The Dark Path Boxed and DRM Version Now Available - 12/22/16 04:42 PM

Thanks Mad. hearts I still can't believe they both came on the same day. presents12

tree
Posted By: sureshot

Re: Barrow Hill - The Dark Path Boxed and DRM Version Now Available - 12/28/16 04:42 PM

Hey Folks ! I thought I purchased the DRM Free version from Humble Store, but I needed a STEAM key - That is NOT going to happen !! They game me a refund which I am grateful for.

Now I see that the game can be purchased direct from Iceberg - Boxed set no less ! At the risk of sounding dumb, is this a true DRM version ? No STEAM KEY ?

think

Re: Barrow Hill - The Dark Path Boxed and DRM Version Now Available - 12/28/16 05:08 PM

It's in the announcement thread. :) Definitely DRM free.

Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre
You can do your shopping here on the Barrow Hill website.

Select the buy now button and select your choice.

The retail boxed version is NOT Steam and is DRM-Free.

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave2
Posted By: sureshot

Re: Barrow Hill - The Dark Path Boxed and DRM Version Now Available - 12/28/16 05:10 PM

Thank you Ana !!

thanks
Posted By: VRMpls2

Re: Barrow Hill - The Dark Path Boxed and DRM Version Now Available - 01/26/17 07:04 AM

Is this new? I haven't been on here for awhile. Is this point and click?

Re: Barrow Hill - The Dark Path Boxed and DRM Version Now Available - 01/26/17 01:58 PM

Originally Posted By: VRMpls2
Is this new? I haven't been on here for awhile. Is this point and click?

Yes, it's point and click. The game was released last September. wave
© 2024 GameBoomers Community