GB HOMEPAGE

Best Adventure Game of 2016

Posted By: GreyFuss

Best Adventure Game of 2016 - 12/31/16 04:52 PM

Here we are sitting on the eve of 2017 so it must be time to tell us what your Best Adventure Game of 2016 is. Limiting this to just games that were released in 2016 using Game Boomers Latest Adventure Game Releases list, give us your very best game along with a couple honorable mentions.

I will go first wink

By far and away the Best Adventure Game of the Year for me is...

Quern: Undying Thoughts no other game comes close, in fact, this is the best game to be released at least in the last ten years if not more.

Honorable Mentions goes to...

Obduction
Haven Moon
Barrow Hill: The Dark Path
Eyes of Ara

What are yours???
Posted By: venus

Re: Best Adventure Game of 2016 - 12/31/16 05:04 PM

Mine is Dreamfall Chapters for sure. grin12 I know most of it came out last year, but I don't count an episodic game as belonging to a particular year until all of its episodes are out. So for me, Chapters is a 2016 game, and I consider it one of the best games I've ever played. praise12

My Honorable Mentions are:

Batman (TellTale)
King's Quest
Downfall (Redux)
Oxenfree
Silence
Shardlight
Kathy Rain

I haven't played much of Yesterday Origins yet, but so far it's really good and will probably be added later. smile12 I also really enjoyed Deponia Doomsday, but my Honorable Mention list is way too long as it is. lol12 All in all, I think it's been a fantastic year for games. bravo12
Posted By: RebKean

Re: Best Adventure Game of 2016 - 12/31/16 05:58 PM

Removed my annoying answer. blush
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Best Adventure Game of 2016 - 12/31/16 06:35 PM

I've noticed over the years that Venus and I are simpatico when it comes to the games we enjoy and I want to echo her vote this year for Dreamfall Chapters. I also really liked Kings Quest. yes
Posted By: colpet

Re: Best Adventure Game of 2016 - 12/31/16 06:54 PM

Sadly, I have not played many adventures this year. But, of the four games that I did play, The Witness is by far one of the best games I have ever played. It is right up there with the Myst and Rhem games for me.
Quote:
I've noticed over the years that Venus and I are simpatico when it comes to the games we enjoy and I want to echo her vote this year for Dreamfall Chapters. I also really liked Kings Quest.

I am usually in sync with GreyFuss, so I'll be looking forward to playing those recommendations.

Just noticed that The Witness is not on that list. It was released in January 2016, and IMHO is very much an adventure game in the same vein as the puzzle/exploration games are.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Best Adventure Game of 2016 - 01/01/17 05:30 AM

Nearly all the Adventure games I bought during 2016 are still on my "unplayed" stack rolleyes12

But I did play the ABC Murders and Kathy Rain - and very much enjoyed both happydance12
Posted By: flotsam

Re: Best Adventure Game of 2016 - 01/02/17 09:11 AM

If I ignore those excellent platform games (Inside and Candle), and not having played Quern or Haven Moon GreyFuss (but have now bought them), I would probably say Obduction, with Eyes of Ara and Layers of Fear next, with Oxenfree and Shardlight rounding out the five.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community