GB HOMEPAGE

Just finished The Inner World

Posted By: ergggo

Just finished The Inner World - 12/31/16 05:24 PM

I just finished playing "The Inner World" and wanted to say what a gem this game is. I think I had purchased it on sale from GOG a while back, but I wasn't in too much of a hurry to play it based on the little bit I knew about the game. After playing it, I was very pleased about how enjoyable the game is.

What I liked most about it is the consistent atmosphere set up by the beautiful graphics, the warm colors and use of lighting in the various environments along with the background music which fit the scenes perfectly. The voice acting was great, the dialog was witty, the puzzles were very well integrated into the story and were very original. I read gremlin's review afterwards, and I agree with his points, (though I might give it a slightly higher rating)...his comment about the incremental hint system was spot on. You can obtain just enough of a tiny hint to get you over a block you might have with a puzzle.

It was great to start playing a back-up game and then discover it was a much better game than anticipated. I was also glad to read in another thread *here* that a follow-up game should be ready mid 2017.
Posted By: Lagavulin

Re: Just finished The Inner World - 12/31/16 07:01 PM

penguin

I totaly agree with you yay12
This game surpriced me too sherlock
Posted By: Marian

Re: Just finished The Inner World - 12/31/16 07:05 PM

The game is also available on Big Fish, so if anyone has a free coupon code, it sounds like it could be put to good use with The Inner World.

Thanks for your thoughts on the game. wave12
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Just finished The Inner World - 12/31/16 07:18 PM

I, too, was surprised by this game. I think I thought it was going to be too corny or something, but I really enjoyed it and am looking forward to the next one.
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Just finished The Inner World - 01/01/17 12:16 AM

thanks for the info ergggo. I will check that game out.
Posted By: CountZero

Re: Just finished The Inner World - 01/02/17 05:52 PM

I also agree it was a very good game. Is there not a sequel in the works?
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Just finished The Inner World - 01/02/17 09:12 PM

Yes there is CountZero. I announced it here.

Ana wave12
© 2024 GameBoomers Community