GB HOMEPAGE

Seclusion: Islesbury!

Posted By: G-1

Seclusion: Islesbury! - 04/13/17 08:57 PM

Hello, nice people of GameBoomers! Today I'm very excited to share Seclusion: Islesbury with you.

Seclusion is a horror adventure game that relies on story, exploration, and a dark atmosphere to deliver a captivating journey. You will be trying to uncover old secrets, solving mysteries, and the most importantly will be trying to keep yourself safe in this desolated and dangerous place called Islesbury.

It's almost been ten years since I joined this community and while I was a silent lurker most of the time, seeing myself go from an admirer of adventure games to creator of one is a joy I can't describe. Hopefully, you will enjoy playing this game as much as I enjoy creating it.

Seclusion Islesbury is currently available on Steam Greenlight for voting and you can watch two new trailers for it here and here.

Cheers!

Edit: Seclusion Islesbury is greenlit! Thank you, everyone, for voting.
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: Seclusion: Islesbury! - 04/13/17 09:19 PM

thanks for the info G-1
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Seclusion: Islesbury! - 04/13/17 09:29 PM

Voted! Thanks for sharing your game! Good luck!

Ana wave
Posted By: Mad

Re: Seclusion: Islesbury! - 04/13/17 10:38 PM

Very Good Luck G-1 !! thumbsup
Posted By: GreyFuss

Re: Seclusion: Islesbury! - 04/14/17 12:11 AM

I love it...a 360 Point & Click, bring it on. Will the game have an Inventory and conundrums and puzzles to solve? When do you hope to release? I am concerned about this statement, does this mean their are action sequences? I am also encouraged that its coming from a relationship with Senscape. Thanks

Originally Posted By: G-1
most importantly will be trying to keep yourself safe
Posted By: Marian

Re: Seclusion: Islesbury! - 04/14/17 12:13 AM

Good luck with the game, and thanks for letting us know. wave

Re: Seclusion: Islesbury! - 04/14/17 01:05 AM

Thanks everyone for the nice replies and support!

Originally Posted By: GreyFuss
I love it...a 360 Point & Click, bring it on. Will the game have an Inventory and conundrums and puzzles to solve? When do you hope to release? I am concerned about this statement, does this mean their are action sequences? I am also encouraged that its coming from a relationship with Senscape. Thanks

Yes, the game has a fully interactive (use, combine, examine) inventory system and many puzzles to solve using both your items and the environment. I spent a very long time to make sure the puzzles were not out of place or irrelevant while keeping them engaging and fun.

While I can't give a concrete release date yet, it will be released later this year, hopefully in the third quarter.

There are no "action sequences" or QTEs in the game. Keeping yourself safe is entirely about the story. I value creeping horror over scare moments and I can safely say Seclusion has no jump scares or anything that'd make you retry a part. It's all about the journey you are taking into the unknown and helplessness.

Seclusion Islesbury is using Senscape's Dagon Engine and this game wouldn't be possible without their great help.

I hope this clears things up. Cheers!
Posted By: GreyFuss

Re: Seclusion: Islesbury! - 04/14/17 01:09 AM

Oh yes....and now I am even more intrigued and anxious for your release. Of course I have voted for you on Greenlight.
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Seclusion: Islesbury! - 04/14/17 01:40 AM

Nice, voted
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Seclusion: Islesbury! - 04/14/17 03:32 AM

Thanks for coming back and answering G-1!

Ana wave
Posted By: connie

Re: Seclusion: Islesbury! - 04/14/17 12:34 PM

Voted, looks Good. smile
Posted By: flotsam

Re: Seclusion: Islesbury! - 04/16/17 01:39 AM

Ditto and good luck
Posted By: lakerz

Re: Seclusion: Islesbury! - 04/23/17 07:20 AM

This looks pretty good! Hope it sees release on Steam.

Re: Seclusion: Islesbury! - 04/23/17 09:24 PM

Thank you for the kind comments everyone!
© 2024 GameBoomers Community