GB HOMEPAGE

dracula -resurrection

Posted By: deleterman

dracula -resurrection - 06/27/17 11:19 PM

just want to know if this game is a good as the other dracula games?
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: dracula -resurrection - 06/27/17 11:30 PM

I think there were better ones. EDIT: I was thinking up some further down the road. After looking at the video of The Sanctuary, I did like that one!

Ana wave

Re: dracula -resurrection - 06/27/17 11:41 PM

how about the last sanctuary ?
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: dracula -resurrection - 06/27/17 11:52 PM

My opinion, is that you need to play both of them. Resurrection leads right into The Last Sanctuary and continues the story with the same characters. In fact, the opening cut scene in The Last Sanctuary is the closing scene in Resurrection!

My two favorite Adventure games which I play together every couple of years around Halloween time.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: dracula -resurrection - 06/27/17 11:56 PM

I liked Dracula Resurrection the best of the Dracula 1,2,3,4,5 series.

I did not like drowning in sewage in Dracula Last Sanctuary -- couldn't tell which way was up and kept getting game overs. Earlier you're confronted by a giant bat. It ate me (or something) while I was ROTFL at it. So not real fond of that one.

Dracula 3 was made by Kheops. I can tell they put a lot of work into it, but it's probably my least favorite. Depends on what you want in a game though. If you want an oppressive atmosphere, they certainly achieved that.

Dracula 4 and 5 are more like casual games. You're a different character than the earlier ones.

Dracula Origin from Frogwares is a different series -- probably my favorite Dracula game, but completely different from Dracula 1,2,3,4,5.

Re: dracula -resurrection - 06/28/17 12:00 AM

tell me about frogwares ??

Re: dracula -resurrection - 06/28/17 12:03 AM

Frogwares made the Sherlock Holmes games.
They made one Dracula game, Dracula Origin, that was an adventure.
The "sequel" "Dracula: Love Kills" was a casual game, and was very camp IMO.

Inferno wrote a review of Dracula Origin here
http://www.gameboomers.com/reviews/Dd/Draculaoriginbyinferno.htm

If you enjoy puzzles, Dracula Origin is the one to get.

Otherwise, start with Dracula Resurrection and play in order.

Re: dracula -resurrection - 06/28/17 12:07 AM

I played Dracula 3 and Dracula Origin and didn't think either of them lived up to The Last Sanctuary or Resurrection, although Origin was pretty good. My personal favorite was The Last Sanctuary. It's all about personal tastes in these games, so play them all!

Right now you can get Resurrection, The Last Sanctuary and Dracula Path of the Dragon for $1.99 at GOG. I know you're already playing Path of the Dragon - which is a great game, but very fussy as you and I both found out!

https://www.gog.com/game/dracula_trilogy

Re: dracula -resurrection - 06/28/17 12:48 AM

I notice you're having problems with Dracula 3 over in Hints.
I don't think you'll have these kinds of problems with either of the first two -- or with Dracula 4 and 5 either. In my opinion Dracula 3 was the most difficult. If I remember right, events might not trigger the same way on different playthroughs, and following a walkthrough step by step might not be possible. I played using a walkthrough, but I had to skip over parts of the walkthrough when options weren't available, and go do something else in the game. Eventually options would be triggered and I was able to go back and take care of things. I'm not sure if this was a deliberate "feature" of the game or not, but it was a PITA.

Originally Posted By: Draclvr
I played Dracula 3 and Dracula Origin and didn't think either of them lived up to The Last Sanctuary or Resurrection, although Origin was pretty good.

I don't think Dracula Origin can be directly compared to the others.
The games had a different "feel."
Origin was fun, but not as spooky as Dracula 1,2,3.

Re: dracula -resurrection - 06/28/17 01:43 AM

thanks boy that was alot of info , I do have the Origin but have not played it yet,will have to find the walk through for it. I have got a lot of game from GOG I didn't know that they had Dracula games .again thanks for all the cool info.
Posted By: CountZero

Re: dracula -resurrection - 06/28/17 02:15 AM

Dracula the Path of the Dragon is the best of all of them....In my humble opinion...
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: dracula -resurrection - 06/28/17 02:42 AM

I really enjoyed Resurrection and The Last Sanctuary, much more than any of the others mentioned.

Re: dracula -resurrection - 06/28/17 02:51 AM

Oh, I totally agree, Jenny. Origin had a totally different "feel." It was pretty good though if you are a puzzler. If I remember correctly, the Dracula character when you finally saw him was this tiny little Drac and not very scary at all. I might be thinking of a different one though.

Re: dracula -resurrection - 06/28/17 03:18 AM

If I remember correctly, the Dracula character when you finally saw him was this tiny little Drac and not very scary at all. I might be thinking of a different one though.

Tiny? Little? Not particularly.
You must be thinking of a different game.

Re: dracula -resurrection - 06/28/17 04:11 AM

I'm sure you're right... wish I could remember which one it was where the Dracula was disappointing.

Re: dracula -resurrection - 06/28/17 04:17 AM

I'm sure you're right... wish I could remember which one it was where the Dracula was disappointing.

I would guess it was Drascula.

Re: dracula -resurrection - 06/28/17 05:41 AM

That MUST be it!
Posted By: flotsam

Re: dracula -resurrection - 06/28/17 06:48 AM

I think you are right jenny - it wasn't a terribly good vampire experience.
I agree about playing both Resurrection and Last Sanctuary in order. 1.99 is pretty good value, whatever the relative merits.

Re: dracula -resurrection - 06/29/17 05:27 PM

thanks,all good info..game on!! devilchili

Re: dracula -resurrection - 06/29/17 11:14 PM

well I did go to GOG and got -dracula path of the dragon, resurrection and the last sanctuary.now will these play better than the ones that i have down loaded from CD ? I'm playing resurrection now that i have had on my computer ,just started should i keep playing or switch over to the one I got from GOG.?? duh lab
Posted By: Marian

Re: dracula -resurrection - 06/29/17 11:18 PM

If you aren't having any issues playing the CD version of Dracula: Resurrection on your computer, then I would just stick with that. I see no reason to uninstall it now, unless you just want to save wear and tear on your CD. Some folks had trouble with the CD version of Dracula: Resurrection on newer systems, but it sounds like yours is just fine.

And if you have any questions that are more of a technical nature, please post in the Glitches forum. wave

Re: dracula -resurrection - 06/30/17 12:20 AM

ok thank you so much.

Re: dracula -resurrection - 06/30/17 12:51 AM

What Marian said!

Re: dracula -resurrection - 07/01/17 02:56 AM

well started dracula resurrection and I think it's harder than the path of the dragon,but i'm trucking on. lab

Re: dracula -resurrection - 07/01/17 03:06 AM

Enjoy!

Ana wave

Re: dracula -resurrection - 07/01/17 05:57 AM

it's kind of fun, made it to the mine devilchili

Re: dracula -resurrection - 07/01/17 01:50 PM

Wonderful!

Ana wave

Re: dracula -resurrection - 07/02/17 06:49 PM

cool now in the Castle . joy

Re: dracula -resurrection - 07/04/17 06:23 PM

well just finished this game now on to the last sanctuary.this game had the worst walk through I have ever seen.i had to go to youtube and use there walk through.. USA wave2

Re: dracula -resurrection - 07/04/17 06:49 PM

Originally Posted By: deleterman
well just finished this game now on to the last sanctuary.this game had the worst walk through I have ever seen.i had to go to youtube and use there walk through..

I don't know which walkthrough you used, but there are 4 of them here
http://the-spoiler.com/ADVENTURE/Microids/Dracula.resurrection.html

I think you are spoiled by MaG's walkthroughs. The walkthrough by NKuderna and Ozma38 was far from the worst I've seen.

Re: dracula -resurrection - 07/04/17 08:11 PM

your right there ! i waz useing -nkuderna & ozma38 . I didn't know about the others.what would be the best walk through and how would i get a different one , the only one i have is by "NKuderna,MaGtRo and Ozma38 " is that ok? please let me know OK .again thanks for all your help.

Re: dracula -resurrection - 07/04/17 08:37 PM

You'd have to look at the other walkthroughs yourself and decide which worked best for you.

As far as I can tell, the Dracula Resurrection walkthrough at Gameboomers is by NKuderna and Ozma38 while the Dracula Last Sanctuary walkthrough is by NKuderna MaGtRo and Ozma38

So even if you didn't like the Dracula Resurrection walkthrough, you might be OK with the Dracula Last Sanctuary walkthrough because it has MaGtRo's input.

The walkthroughs at Gameboomers are the ones I have printed out and shoved in my Dracula game boxes, so I assume those are the ones I used back when I played these games 15 or 16 years ago. If they're not working for you, check sites like
http://the-spoiler.com/titles.html
and
https://www.gamefaqs.com/
for alternatives.

Other sites with adventure game walkthroughs, mostly for DOS and early Windows 95/98 games are
http://balmoralsoftware.com/games.htm
http://www.metzomagic.com/showIndex.php?...roughIndex.html

There have been times I've had to use more than one walkthrough. Most recently I used three different walkthroughs for Eyes of Ara, one of which was on YouTube while the other two were text.

Re: dracula -resurrection - 07/04/17 10:54 PM

thanks for all the great info.. bravo I waz doing great when I saved and I came back to saves i found out that my save didn't save .... duh so i had to go back to my last save i had and start from there ,this is Y its takeing me so long but I'M at the highgate cemetery joy not to bad . fun to play thumbsup
© 2024 GameBoomers Community