GB HOMEPAGE

crimes & punishments dissapointing

Posted By: JDE

crimes & punishments dissapointing - 06/30/17 02:34 AM

I'm in the third case and haven't seen any London streets yet.I enjoyed looking at the street scenes like in Jack the Ripper and other games.It's kind of boring right now.Hope it gets better.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: crimes & punishments dissapointing - 06/30/17 03:16 AM

Sorry you aren't enjoying it, JDE.

Ana wave
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: crimes & punishments dissapointing - 06/30/17 09:35 PM

Most people enjoy this one, but it is separate cases, unlike the earlier Sherlock games.
Posted By: venus

Re: crimes & punishments dissapointing - 07/02/17 05:37 AM

I enjoyed it quite a bit. It's definitely a beautiful game if nothing else. thumbsup However, I tend to prefer the longer stories rather than separate cases, so it wasn't my favorite of the series. It actually felt more like an episodic game than many episodic games do, even though it was released as a full game, which I found interesting.

Testament is still my favorite overall. You might check that one out if you haven't already. You will probably enjoy it if you liked Jack the Ripper. smile

Re: crimes & punishments dissapointing - 07/02/17 05:50 PM

Testament was Also my favorite because I was able to see the old streets of London and to explore the different alleys and scenes.Will I be able to see any street scenes like Testament and Jack the Ripper? Also,Is there a walkthru for L.A.Noire,like the ones Mag gives us,step by step?That's the only way I can play some games(real oldtimer who still enjoys these games)?
Posted By: Adam Beals

Re: crimes & punishments dissapointing - 07/02/17 07:15 PM

Hi there,

Here are some links for you for LA Noire:

http://lanoire.wikia.com/wiki/Cases

http://www.ign.com/wikis/la-noire/Walkthrough

Happy gaming!

Re: crimes & punishments dissapointing - 07/02/17 11:51 PM

Thank you Adam,very helpful.
Posted By: venus

Re: crimes & punishments dissapointing - 07/03/17 06:31 AM

I believe in the last case, you spend some time on the London streets at night. I've only played it once, and it's been a while, so I don't remember too much about it now.
Posted By: Adam Beals

Re: crimes & punishments dissapointing - 07/04/17 01:07 AM

Your welcome!
Posted By: TJL

Re: crimes & punishments dissapointing - 07/07/17 01:57 PM

Hi JDE,

if you are interested in wandering the streets of almost photorealistic Victorian London covering 7 Boroughs, I recommend you "Assassin's Creed: Syndicate" (http://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-syndicate-side-characters-locations-faq/). If you are capable playing action adventures (please no comments about this term) - fine, but if not, try using a game trainer to help the gameplay using cheats or simply download a 100% complete safe file and no crooks are bothering you any more and you are completely free to experience wonderfully detailed London covering huge area with working factories, foundries, forges, transport etc. and visit many well known landmarks also inside. After completing the game I used hours revisiting all those beautiful places with no rush.

Here is an in-game video sightseeing tour around different boroughs of London (https://youtu.be/GmS_XU5dMhQ).

Timo
Posted By: GamingPhreak

Re: crimes & punishments dissapointing - 02/21/21 09:46 PM

I'm with the OP and found this game to be a dumbed-down version of the previous two Sherlock Holmes games. You are always told when to press B, press T, and perform each and every task, etc. The previous 2 games aren't like that, and are more challenging as you have to figure certain things out. Also, the last 2 games (Testament, and Jack the Ripper) each has one big mystery that offers deeper and more rewarding storytelling. Here, you play several (much) smaller cases that offer much shallower stories and a less satisfying experience. But most unsatisfying is the lack of areas to explore due to the short stories. Every area in this game is tiny compared to those in earlier games, such as Jack the Ripper, which has the entire Whitechapel to explore at one point (including some side quests as well). Yet, for reasons not quite clear to me, many players actually think Crimes and Punishments is the best in the series.
Posted By: Mad

Re: crimes & punishments dissapointing - 02/22/21 12:46 AM

I don't think it was the best of the Sherlocks but I enjoyed playing a few shorter "cases" for the variation.

However, I don't enjoy the sometimes "timed" action sequences in ANY of the Sherlock adventures.
I much prefer trying to solve stuff by wits not action - which I feel is what Adventures should mainly offer yes
© 2024 GameBoomers Community