Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots - 08/06/17 03:13 AM

Check out the new screens here.

View the new Video here.

Check out the game on Steam here.

See the official website here.

Quote:
WILL BE SHOWN AT GAMESCOM 2017

The Last Crown: Blackenrock is making significant progress in its development. Leading up to the game’s showing at Gamescom, publisher Iceberg Interactive and developer Darkling Room are releasing new screenshots of the highly anticipated PC game.

The Last Crown: Blackenrock is the newest entry in the cult ghost-hunting adventure series The Crown. Blackenrock is a sequel to The Last Crown: Midnight Horror, released in 2015. The game will feature new locations and new characters. Beloved characters will return, such as Nanny Noah and Bob Tawny.

Iceberg Interactive will show The Last Crown: Blackenrock to press at Gamescom. Reserve your half-hour slot now to be able to check out the highly anticipated game, in a unique opportunity to meet up with Darkling Room’s Jonathan Boakes, as well as Matt Clark.

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave
Posted By: Marian

Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots - 08/06/17 03:18 AM

Thanks, Ana. happydance
Posted By: exalthim2

Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots - 08/06/17 04:10 AM

Is the Last Crown Midnight Horror a full game or a short game?

Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots - 08/06/17 04:15 AM

It'a full game, but not a 20 hour one. You can read the review here.

Ana wave

Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots - 08/06/17 05:22 AM

Thanks for the info. I looked for it on Reviews but I must have missed it
Posted By: sanford

Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots - 08/06/17 05:29 AM

Thanks Ana, for keeping us posted about this much awaited game. Looks like we are getting a lot closer to the final release.
Sandy
Posted By: Butcher

Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots - 08/06/17 05:54 AM

Thanks for the new info!

Butcher
Posted By: Iurii

Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots - 08/06/17 08:21 AM

Thanks, Ana!
Posted By: Mad

Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots - 08/06/17 09:25 AM

Thanks very much, BrownEyedTigre smile
Posted By: venus

Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots - 08/06/17 02:22 PM

Thanks, Ana. Those are beautiful new screenshots. rah I especially like the clifftop and the fireside with Mr. Russet. thumbsup The menu screen is also beautiful. I hope we finally see the game this year. yes
Posted By: judith

Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots - 08/06/17 05:10 PM

The screenshots are fantastic. The Lost Crown is one of my favorite games, so I can't wait for this one (jumping up & down with glee).
Posted By: GBC

Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots - 08/08/17 12:54 PM

Looking good.

Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots - 08/16/17 12:50 PM

New video can be viewed here.

Ana wave
Posted By: GBC

Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots - 08/16/17 01:46 PM

Thanks Ana, fantastic video. bravo
Posted By: revco

Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots - 08/17/17 12:24 AM

Thank you.

Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots - 08/17/17 04:09 AM

Fantastic video, thanks, Ana. rah I'm hoping these updates mean we will be able to play the game soon. grin

Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots - 08/17/17 04:22 AM

It's finished and will be released this year. laugh

Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots - 08/17/17 04:23 AM

Fantastic, thanks, Ana!! happydance bravo
Posted By: connie

Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots - 08/17/17 12:24 PM

Wonderful, Thanks Ana. happydance

Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots - 08/19/17 10:33 AM

Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Only just noticed this snippet !! Yeah !! Thanks, BrownEyedTigre bravo
Posted By: FlyingDutchman42

Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots - 08/19/17 07:10 PM

It's alive! It's alive! scared haha
(the waiting drove me to the brink of madness)

Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots - 08/19/17 07:18 PM

joy
Posted By: Merri

Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots - 09/09/17 01:40 AM

I saw on the front page here that Blackenrock will be released September 21st???

so great, if so..... smile

Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots - 09/09/17 01:53 AM

Hi Merri! No date except for 4th quarter for Blackrock. The SEpt 21st is for the game to the right of the date.

Ana wave
Posted By: Merri

Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots - 09/09/17 03:32 PM

Hi Merri! No date except for 4th quarter for Blackrock. The SEpt 21st is for the game to the right of the date.

Ana wave

Oh thanks Ana!!! blush LOL... oh well.... smile
Posted By: fredaz

Boxed version? - 09/20/17 07:21 PM

I see Blackenrock is to be released on the 21st of September. It says that boxed versions will be available. I don't know how to buy a boxed version. All I have acess to on the Darkling Room web site is a link to Steam. Does anyone know how to purchase the boxed version of this game?

Re: Boxed version? - 09/20/17 07:27 PM

fredaz, when the game is released you will be able to find a link to purchase. There is no place to buy now. Also the game does not have an official release date yet although it should be in month or so. If you are looking on our release page the Sept 21st date is for Journey Down 3.

Re: Boxed version? - 09/20/17 07:55 PM

Thank you Anna. I will look for it.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Boxed version? - 09/20/17 10:01 PM

You'll probably find a link here when or if a boxed version or DRM-free download becomes available:
http://www.shadowtorstudios.co.uk/store/

Re: Boxed version? - 09/20/17 10:11 PM

Thank you Jenny, that was the website I was looking for. I put that in my favorites list so I'll have it later. While I was ng Darkling Room I noticed a workup for the Darkfall 4. That looks good too.
Posted By: Creeping_Doom

Re: Boxed version? - 09/23/17 02:53 AM

As I understand it , the reason for the bump in release , is due to a German language version in the works .
Posted By: Thorsgoats

Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots - 10/02/17 03:46 AM

I've been waiting now for quite a few years for the game to come out. I can't wait to play the game this year! ghost

Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots - 10/05/17 01:00 AM

Steam now says the Fall...god I can't wait for this to land. smile

Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots - 10/05/17 01:26 AM

Originally Posted By: revco
Steam now says the Fall...god I can't wait for this to land. smile

Yes, the suspense is killing me. laugh
Posted By: Ewil02

Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots - 10/06/17 09:24 PM

I was wondering if the Iceberg Interactive sale on Steam this weekend could be a precursor to a release announcement for Blackenrock- keeping my fingers crossed- I too can't wait.

Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots - 10/06/17 09:53 PM

All Iceberg Games are on sale. It's a Publisher sale!

Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots - 10/10/17 03:40 AM

Good read...says it's coming in October

Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots - 10/10/17 03:46 AM

I can't believe that it's supposed to be a 50-hour game. Bring it on! wave

Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots - 10/10/17 04:04 AM

It is coming soon but no release date is official yet.

Ana wave

Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots - 10/10/17 04:17 AM

Fantastic, revco, thanks for the link! I hope this is true, and that it does come out this month. yes

Marian, I agree, that is fantastic that it will be so long! I also really like the sound of multiple quests. I really like what developers are doing with adventure games now. This along with the character/party creation in the upcoming Unavowed and the very large areas to explore in Dreamfall Chapters (I know not everyone liked these areas, but I loved them smile) are some fantastic innovations. This is the way I prefer developers blend other genres with adventure games, not by adding action sequences, but by including elements such as these.

I can't wait for this game, and hope to see it soon! I have a feeling it's going to be added to my favorites list. grin

EDIT: Ana, I just saw your post also. Thanks for confirming that there is no official release date yet. At least we know it's coming soon. thumbsup

Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots - 10/27/17 03:33 PM

I just found a really interesting interview with Matt Clark, talking about Blackenrock. You can listen to it here. It's quite long and provides some good information about the game. wave

Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots - 10/27/17 04:00 PM

AWesome! Thanks, Marian!

Ana wave
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots - 10/27/17 10:01 PM

Thanks Marian. Sounds wonderful!! Need to get my replay of Lost Crown going. Didn't play Midnight Horror yet either.

Too many games to play and replay.

Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots - 11/01/17 02:05 AM

I just found a post on Steam, dated today, that appears to be from someone from Iceberg Interactive, with an update on Blackenrock:

Quote:
Hi guys,

Quick update here. The game is not released for the reason that it is not finished. The game is huge (really huge) and it takes more time than expected to get it right. Having said that, the devs are still working to finish the game and release is getting nearer every day. We cannot share a date with you yet, but we will.

Thank you all for bearing with us smile

- Surtur

The post seems to be legitimate, although I am not positive about the source/poster.

Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots - 11/01/17 02:20 AM

I could have sworn I heard "October" (in a small background voice) in that interview you linked to a couple posts up. I checked Steam every day since. Oh well. I'm certainly not ready to play it yet.

Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots - 11/01/17 02:46 AM

It'll get here! lol And no, there has not been a specific date announced yet. Some people and authors of articles tend to post stuff they speculate on and not backed up by facts. There has been no official release date yet regardless of where you read it, until Iceberg announces it.

Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots - 12/01/17 09:32 PM

There is now a posted update on Steam in the Blackenrock forum in regards to the status of the game.

Quote:
About the development of Blackenrock
There has been some confusion on The Last Crown Blackenrock release date which we would like to clear up.

The latest date mentioned in several media is one by media that use bots that dig into the Steam admin for release dates and that stumbled on a mere administrative date (1-dec-17) which was set by us, the publisher, in the Steam administration after the last delay, simply because we have to set a date. On the store page the game has a more generic date of ‘2018’. We should have amended that date of 1-dec in time and pushed it, but admittedly forgot about that. This has now been corrected.

The reality is, is that this game is on a ‘When it is done’ status. We would have liked to seen a release for it a long time ago but the developer has kept on adding and adding to the game, creating a bigger and bigger game. They have also been creating assets for the sequels to come, The Last Crown The Haunting of Hallowed Isle, and The First Crown. Blackenrock has now become so big that it has a current estimated playthrough time of 100 hours (we’ll have to see if that holds up but yes it is immense), and while there is an asset-stop and scene-stop, the developer is working on putting all scenes and puzzles together, which is proving a very challenging job for a team of 2 people, where they are best left alone to enable them to actually finish it. In addition QA will be needed as well.

Asked why the game became so big, the developer explains that Blackenrock is simply a huge story to tell. We are pleased that despite all delays there is still a loyal following, waiting anxiously and probably disappointed it is taking so long. Rest assured though that we have confidence the finish-line is in sight, but at the same time can’t put a realistic date on it. When we do see one, know that we as the publisher will announce that via press releases, and you will not need to rely on some digging bots to find out.

Erik Schreuder
CEO
Iceberg Interactive

Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots - 12/01/17 11:03 PM

hearts

Ana wave

Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots - 12/02/17 02:07 AM

Thanks Marian for the update. I have been checking Steam everyday and I was getting to post a question on this very topic. Good looking out for us, I apreciate you so much

Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots - 12/02/17 03:03 AM

rolleyes

Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots - 12/02/17 03:24 AM

You are most welcome, exalthim2. Like a lot of us, I have been very anxious to hear news of this game, so the minute I saw this update this morning I posted it here. Thank you for the kind words.

I won't be spending much on games the rest of this year (maybe a Big Fish game or two), because the only two adventure games I am interested in are Blackenrock and Nancy Drew: Midnight in Salem. It's great for my wallet, so I tell myself that this is a positive thing. grin

Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots - 12/02/17 05:41 AM

Is the Nancy Drew out yet? I guess I have to hope for monetary gifts this Christmas so I can afford these games.
haha

Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots - 12/02/17 02:24 PM

So, rather disappointingly, this is no longer holding true rolleyes

Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots - 12/02/17 02:57 PM

Originally Posted By: exalthim2
Is the Nancy Drew out yet? I guess I have to hope for monetary gifts this Christmas so I can afford these games.
haha

No, and a sizable majority of their fan base is convinced that it will never be released and that no one is even working on the game (although the company says that it is being worked on). I will be very surprised if we ever see it. I for one really appreciate the fact that the CEO of Iceberg stepped up and posted that update about Blackenrock - that is something that we are not seeing from HeR Interactive. We may be disappointed by this news, but the honesty about the status of Blackenrock is something I value.

Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots - 12/02/17 03:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Mad

So, rather disappointingly, this is no longer holding true rolleyes

There is good reason for that and it'll be worth the wait.

Ana wave

Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots - 12/02/17 03:31 PM

Thank you, Marian and BrownEyedTigre smile

I gave up on more of Nancy Drew a very long time ago !! razz

But AM hoping for Blackenrock eventually yes
Posted By: mike_bn

Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots - 12/02/17 06:24 PM

I am sorry to have to say this, but this is getting ridiculous.
As i don't want to become one of those blinded fanboys who will still be cheering
for the release two years from now on, i will postulate to myself that this game will never be released,
forget about the game and move on. Being loyal, supportive, patient and understanding of the struggles
of independent developers is one thing, but this is too much, simply a joke.
Goodbye Forever-Lost-Crown, looking forward to play all these other wonderful games of my
'to-play-list' like Life is strange 2, Dreamfall, Ether One, the Witness, Catyph and some Rhem-games etc.
If i am mistaken and the game will be relased contrary to my expectation, even better :-)

Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots - 12/02/17 07:16 PM

While I understand being disappointed that we aren't already playing the game, no one has put out a penny towards it except the publisher/developer. There was no kickstarter (which I have 4 year old undelivered projects lined up that I paid for that developers seem to give a bleep about), and there were no preorders in which money was taken. Jonathon is a very creative writer and developer and he is making this as he envisions it. We are not entitled to anything.

Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots - 12/03/17 04:09 PM

"We are not entitled to anything".

Well said, BrownEyedTigre yes

Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots - 12/03/17 04:38 PM

Mad hearts
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots - 12/03/17 04:41 PM

I for one am willing to wait for a great game and decent controls... take all the time you need Jonathon... I am willing to wait... :-)

Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots - 12/03/17 07:00 PM

Prepare yourself to wait for a loooooooooong time then, @Winfrey. You have already been waiting for what - 4 years? :-)

And of course, noone said anything about being entitled to anything. All i am saying is that
i am not willing to set myself up for further disappointment anymore. And you will.
As there is nothing to say about this topic anymore for me, i will start playing Life is strange 2 now.
Cu!

Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots - 12/03/17 07:14 PM

I will not be disappointed at all Mike. I can assure you of that. I know the developers and I know what they are doing and they are making it great and well worth any wait. They have vision and they are making it their way, which is as it should be. They could easily throw something out there to shut people up and make a quick buck or they can make something memorable that feeds their soul as well. I personally know it will be great because it is made with much love and dedication. Kudos to Jonathon for chasing his own dream and not bowing to pressure and kudos to Matt for supporting Jonathon along the way. They are a fantastic team.

Ana

Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots - 12/03/17 07:19 PM

I totally agree with you @Ana. I am pretty sure you will not be disappointed when the game will be released.
It will most certainly be a great game. The only thing you will need to worry about is being still alive when this is going to happen.

As this was a bit harsh/mean thing to say and i am bit drunk, i apologize. Need to go to bed now.
I still stand by my decision to not think about the crown games anymore. Good night

Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots - 12/03/17 07:22 PM

I have no plans on going anywhere. I am living on the hundred year plan. lol

Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots - 12/03/17 07:24 PM

;-)

Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots - 12/24/17 06:25 PM

I'm also disappointed this was postponed yet again. frown12 On the other hand, I like the sound of the length! presents12 It sounds as though it may be the longest adventure game yet. I'm looking forward to this enormous game when it's finally released. grin12
Posted By: Creeping_Doom

Re: The Last Crown: Blackenrock gets New Screenshots - 12/28/17 01:02 AM

Originally Posted By: venus
I'm also disappointed this was postponed yet again. frown12 On the other hand, I like the sound of the length! presents12 It sounds as though it may be the longest adventure game yet. I'm looking forward to this enormous game when it's finally released. grin12

Makes two of us (disappointed about another delay) , but I also understand about wanting to take time to make sure the game is ready , & the vision that Jonathan & Matt have in mind . Better to have a complete game , than to have a piece of patch work . Perhaps a monthly update or the like might be helpful in informing people as to how things may/may not be progressing .
© 2024 GameBoomers Community