GB HOMEPAGE

Silent Footsteps Released!

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Silent Footsteps Released! - 08/22/17 03:16 PM

We are pleased to announce Silent Footsteps, by our very own member, RebKean, aka Frostlind games is released. It is a Carol Reed style game (RebKean was actually an actress in the latest Carol Reed game "Profound Red".

Quote:
Winners are mabeco, rmelone and safc! Please post here and then RebKean will get the game to you. If you do not post here to claim your prize within 72 hours a runner up will be named.

Please be patient for the download link after you claim your prize. We have different time zones to take into consideration.

Thanks so much to RebKean/Frostlind Games for their generosity!

You can purchase the game here.

We are also giving away 3 copies of the game, courtesy of Frostlind Games.

To enter, please post here and STATE YOU ARE IN! If you do not mention you are in the giveaway and merely comment on the release, you will not be entered.

The giveaway ends Friday August 25th at 9PM CST. I will announce the winners shortly thereafter.
If you do not claim your code within 72 hours, a runner up will be given your code. It is up to you to come back and see if you won!

Quote:
Rebecca Carlson is travelling to her old home town in search for answers. Recently, a childhood friend of hers died in what appeared to be an accident, and Rebecca was mentioned in the will. She received the keys to the friend’s apartment, and a short note. It said: ”Follow in my footsteps”.
Without knowing anything more than that, Rebecca now has to try and figure out what it’s all about, and why her friend had been so secretive.
Silent Footsteps is a point ’n’ click adventure game made with real photographs. It’s 100% mouse driven and has 100 save slots, which you can use at any time.

There’s a quick tutorial at the start of the game, and an in-game journal that will guide you, if you should need any help.

The game takes place in Sweden, but all dialogues are in English, and have optional subtitles.

The game contains no graphic violence or swearing. It has no action sequences, and is suitable for ages 15 and up.

Congrats to RebKean on her release and hope to see many more!

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave

Posted By: Marian

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! - 08/22/17 03:39 PM

Congratulations to you, RebKean! I really admire your having taken on this project and seen it through to its completion. I enjoyed the demo and know that I will enjoy the full game. bravo yes

Much good luck to all who enter this giveaway. thumbsup
Posted By: rmelone

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! - 08/22/17 03:49 PM

The game looks interesting.

I am in the contest.

Robert
Posted By: RebKean

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! - 08/22/17 03:50 PM

Thank you so much Marian! I knew from the start that I really wanted to see it through. However, without Mikael, that would never have happened. I owe him. hearts
And also thanks to Ana of course. I'm a bit nervous, so if I sound strange at any time, that's the reason ...
Posted By: GreyFuss

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! - 08/22/17 04:13 PM

Congratulations Kim, I have made my purchase and await my download Link. Thank you and good luck with this and all future games.
Posted By: connie

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! - 08/22/17 06:28 PM

Congrats Kim, and please enter me in the giveaway. smile
Posted By: stevefox

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! - 08/22/17 07:53 PM

Thank you for the announcement, BrownEyedTigre!
Congratulations, RebKean! Installed the game
and ready to play!

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! - 08/22/17 09:53 PM

Don't want to spam the thread with comments on every comment. You will probably get tired of me that way. wink
But I read everything, and I am very grateful for all kind words.

And remember to check your spam-folder if you think it's taking too long for me to send you a reply. Apart from me sleeping, I'm always close to a computer, so it shouldn't take long. When do I sleep then, you wonder? You'll need a time zone map for that, but as I learned from speaking with Ana, I'm 7 hours ahead of Chicago. sleep
Posted By: linda333

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! - 08/22/17 10:35 PM

Please enter me in the game giveaway. Looks like a good one to try for sure. Really like this style game. thank you....linda333
Posted By: jimrh69

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! - 08/23/17 12:13 AM

Awesome looking game! I would love to be entered for the giveaway smile
Posted By: bigpsycho

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! - 08/23/17 02:34 AM

i would like to enter giveaway smile
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! - 08/23/17 02:40 AM

I AM IN! Please and thank you.

Good luck to all who enter and I will certainly be buying the game if I am not a lucky winner.

Thanks RebKean and Ana!
Posted By: Uncle Reg

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! - 08/23/17 03:36 AM

Please enter me in the giveaway.

Thanks to RebKean and to Ana. thumbsup thumbsup
Posted By: michele rose

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! - 08/23/17 03:57 AM

Count me in the giveaway drawing. happydance Thank you Ana and Frostlind Games!
Kudos to you, RebKean. bravo
Posted By: Mad

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! - 08/23/17 09:59 AM

Congrats. RebKean !! Wonderful that you have created and released your own game bravo

I have bought it so won't be entering the draw - but thanks for the chance, BrownEyedTigre and Frostlind Games grin
Posted By: robedits

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! - 08/23/17 11:55 AM

LOVE the game! It's got an interesting storyline, great background music, interesting environments, tons of save slots, a built-in walkthrough, and an easy to use interface.
Not sure what more you could ask for in an adventure game!
Oh, and without giving anything away...keep your eyes out for some interesting "Easter Eggs"...
Ok, gameboomers and boomerettes...go and purchase this now...we want RebKean (aka Frostlind Games) to create MORE GAMES!
Rob

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! - 08/23/17 12:05 PM

Who needs ads when you have Rob? lol
Posted By: safc

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! - 08/23/17 04:57 PM

HI

Please count me in - Thank you Ana and Frostlind Games

Cheers
SAFC
Posted By: Motiko

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! - 08/23/17 05:15 PM

please enter me in the giveaway !

hope you and mikael make more games but please not at the same time more like 6 months interval

i enter the givaway, hope you keep on making more games like this great games for kids who suffer from epilepsy hope Rebecca keeps on sleuting like her second cousin Carol
Posted By: Tamia

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! - 08/24/17 03:38 AM

I AM IN! I love every single Carol Reed game and am looking forward to this one. Thanks for the drawing!

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! - 08/24/17 12:58 PM

Originally Posted By: RebKean
Who needs ads when you have Rob? lol

Yeah !! laugh laugh laugh

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! - 08/24/17 01:38 PM

Motiko: I think Profound Red was released in January, so 7 months. Seems like a good deal, but you never know what happens. Sometimes it's necessary to wait for the right season to take pictures you need.

Mad: Right? Hehe. grin
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! - 08/24/17 04:43 PM

Going to go buy this as I just won a game an will let others have a chance with this one.. looks great!! Good job RebKean!
Posted By: GBC

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! - 08/24/17 11:26 PM

I won't be entering the draw either as I just won the last draw. Good luck to those who enter. Congrats RebKean. I'm on my way to purchase the game now. rah
Posted By: sanford

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! - 08/25/17 05:44 AM

i'm in also Ana. Wish me luck. Happy Gaming!
Sandy
Posted By: sanford

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! - 08/25/17 05:52 AM

I just made my purchase, Kim. I loved the demo.
Thanks very much for developing this really cool game, and Good Luck with it.
Sandy

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! - 08/25/17 01:09 PM

I want to say again like I did in the demo-thread, that there will we a warning coming up when you download, until a certain number of people have done just that. I don't know the number, but the warning is there to let you know that this file has not been downloaded that much. So, it's not a warning about a virus, it's just a precaution of some kind. I know it looks bad, but I assure you that it's fine. What you can do, to make you feel better, is to download it, and then search it with your anti-virus program. And then it will tell you not to worry.

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! - 08/25/17 08:11 PM

And, if anyone has not gotten an email after buying (after 9-12 hours), please check so it's not in your spam folder. I don't know why that happens, but it sometimes does.
Posted By: mabeco

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! - 08/25/17 11:33 PM

Please count me in!

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! - 08/26/17 04:20 AM

THe winners are safc, rmelone and mabeco! Please post here and then RebKean will get the game to you. If you do not post here to claim your prize within 72 hours a runner up will be named.

Please be patient for the download link after you claim your prize. We have different time zones to take into consideration.

Thanks so much to RebKean/Frostlind Games for their generosity!

Ana wave

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! Winners announced! - 08/26/17 04:51 AM

Wow, Congrats Winners!

RebKean, Ill be purchasing tomorrow. lol

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! Winners announced! - 08/26/17 05:11 AM

Congratulations to the winners, and thank you to all responsible for the giveaway. smile

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! Winners announced! - 08/26/17 08:46 AM

Congratulations to the winners from me as well, this was fun. laugh Thanks Ana for taking care of it.
I haven't done this before obviously, but when the winners post here, I will then send a download link to the address that they have on their profile page. So make sure it's accurate.

oldbroad, I'll see you later today then. lol
Posted By: connie

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! Winners announced! - 08/26/17 12:33 PM

Congrats to the winners. Thanks RebKean and Ana. smile
Posted By: michele rose

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! Winners announced! - 08/26/17 01:51 PM

Congratulations to the winners! bravo
My bet is you're going to love the game! grin

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! Winners announced! - 08/26/17 03:19 PM

Hurrah you lucky winners !! This is a very nice game grin

And a big thank you to RebKean/Frostlind Games and BrownEyedTigre happydance
Posted By: Motiko

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! Winners announced! - 08/26/17 04:27 PM

Congratulations to all winners !(and Kim better makes sure she all ready thinking about the next game)

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! Winners announced! - 08/26/17 04:33 PM

I am, Motiko. sherlock
Posted By: CountZero

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! Winners announced! - 08/26/17 04:44 PM

I just love the carol reed games. If this is anything like it, Im sure its going to be awesome.... smile

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! Winners announced! - 08/26/17 05:26 PM

Bought, downloaded, and burned to disc (if I did it right )and installed! Not yet playing though.
Posted By: rmelone

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! Winners announced! - 08/27/17 12:39 AM

This is rmelone posting - I think I will really enjoy this game.

Thanks to all.
Posted By: Iurii

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! Winners announced! - 08/27/17 06:19 AM

Сongratulations to the winners!!!
Posted By: mabeco

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! Winners announced! - 08/27/17 06:55 AM

Just saw this! Thanks so much!!!

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! Winners announced! - 08/27/17 08:45 AM

OK, emails sent to mabeco and rmelone. luck
Posted By: safc

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! Winners announced! - 08/27/17 04:56 PM

Hi Ana

Wow I won, congrats to the other winners

Many Thanks to Ana and Rebkean for organising the give away, really looking forward to playing the game

Many Thanks
SAFC

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! Winners announced! - 08/27/17 05:13 PM

Excellent! Looks like all the winners came forward! WooHoo! Please remember to give Kim feedback on her game after you play. She'd love to hear from you!

Ana wave

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! Winners announced! - 08/27/17 05:48 PM

Email sent to safc as well. smile

Correct Ana, I'm very curious about what you all think. Not just what's good, bad also what's bad. I know that some will like things that others don't, so it's not possible to please everyone, but by reading about what players likes/dislikes, I can get a baseline if you will, and go from there. So all thoughts matters, and I'm not just saying that.

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! Winners announced! - 08/27/17 05:52 PM

Well I'm still playing the game (along with two others I already had on the go - so I won't be finishing it very quickly) but I can say I'VE not found ANY bad bits so far !! happydance happydance

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! Winners announced! - 08/27/17 06:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Mad
Well I'm still playing the game (along with two others I already had on the go - so I won't be finishing it very quickly) but I can say I'VE not found ANY bad bits so far !! happydance happydance

Wow, that sounds fantastic! But then again, you're not finished yet. lol
I'll try and not let that get to my head Mad, otherwise I might end up like Mikael, in Bosch's Damnation. grin

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! Winners announced! - 08/27/17 06:44 PM

laugh laugh laugh

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! Winners announced! - 08/28/17 08:21 PM

Well I HAVE finished the game now and I commend you on an excellent first effort bravo

Of course I'm sure I'm not the only person who now can't wait for you to release your next one !!

Congratulations and thank you praise

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! Winners announced! - 08/28/17 09:04 PM

Thank you Mad! I hope I can make one every year like Mikael. Time will tell. But it is fun and I want to do it. But now I want to play a game like this myself. Who will be next to make a Carol Reed-clone? yes

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! Winners announced! - 08/28/17 09:12 PM

Well a genuine Carol Reed would be the best, don't you think ?? laugh

[I'm not sure Mikael will want too many folk cloning his creation eek]

So I'm hoping he is busily beavering away on HIS next treat for us all yes

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! Winners announced! - 08/28/17 10:14 PM

I agree Mad. And he is working on the next one. I've taken photos and recorded my voice for my part. But I don't know anything about it beyond that, so I'm just as excited.
I always try to get inside information, but haven't succeeded yet. lol

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! Winners announced! - 08/28/17 11:13 PM

That is great news, Kim. I am so glad that Mikael is working on the next game. And you are returning to the next Carol Reed game for an encore! bravo

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! Winners announced! - 08/29/17 12:35 PM

It is Marian. And I'm very happy to be a part of it. I was very nervous the first time I recorded my voice,
but the coolness of being in an adventure game took over, so now I just love it. dance
(OK, I'm a little nervous each time, but I guess that's a good thing.)

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! Winners announced! - 09/02/17 11:00 PM

I think I found a glitch. At the tracks by the car wash you take a picture to use elsewhere. If you go back to those tracks again your camera is automatically in your hands and is stuck there. At least I could not shake it off, but was able to right click and reload a prior save. I tried it again and same thing.

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! Winners announced! - 09/02/17 11:14 PM

What! I though that thing worked! Will look into it, thanks.

EDIT. Looked into it, and don't really understand it yet, have to consult the master.
YOu see, if you do what you right away, it works fine, but if you wait a while, it happens as you describe it. So something's wrong somewhere. Very glad you found it though, I don't want any errors obviously. =)

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! Winners announced! - 09/04/17 09:41 PM

The problem that oldbroad found, has been corrected now. My master have come through once again. wink
I'm working on a new .exe right now, and when I'm done, I'll send a new download link to all. Thanks again! thumbsup

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! Winners announced! - 09/04/17 10:38 PM

Thanks RebKean. You'd never have the problem if you don't go back to that area again. I'm a wanderer though.

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! Winners announced! - 09/04/17 10:50 PM

You can go back there, but it's when you pick up a certain thing that you can't go back there. It's a good thing that you wander as it turned out. smile

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! Winners announced! - 09/05/17 07:24 PM

Thanks for letting us know, oldbroad and to you, also, RebKean for supplying the solution thumbsup

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! Winners announced! - 09/05/17 07:43 PM

Thanks Mad, but the solution actually came from Mikael. The master. sherlock

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! Winners announced! - 09/05/17 09:00 PM

Well in that case .... Thank You Mikael !! bravo

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! Winners announced! - 09/13/17 04:15 PM

Just wanted to mention that I added a link to a walkthrough on YouTube in the Hints Forum. If anyone should need it. =)

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! Winners announced! - 09/13/17 05:08 PM

Wonderful! THanks so much, Kim!

Ana wave

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! Winners announced! - 09/13/17 08:51 PM

You're welcome. It might help someone out. =)
Posted By: Penny Lane

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! Winners announced! - 09/25/17 06:46 PM

That's great! I am looking it up right now. Sounds like a winner! thumbsup
Posted By: dianne

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! Winners announced! - 09/26/17 12:43 AM

where could one purchase this silent foot steps I always wanted to play a carol reed game but never did now I think that iam going to start to play the other ones as well. thanks Dianne smile

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! Winners announced! - 09/26/17 12:58 AM

Dianne, there is a link to the Silent Footsteps purchase page in Ana's first post on this thread. wave

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! Winners announced! - 10/10/17 03:04 AM

Hello All! I just finished "Silent Footsteps". I really liked it but I wish it were longer. I liked the in-game hint system and the video walkthrough which helped me through without missing anything important. This game is so much like the Carol Reed series that it seems to be a bonus. The author of the game was mentored by Mikael as we all know. They did a great job! Can't wait for another! Bravo! bravo thumbsup

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! Winners announced! - 10/10/17 07:59 AM

Very happy you liked it! And yes, it would be awsome if it was loooong, but if it was, it would also take longer to make it. But I understand how you feel. Everytime I play a new Carol Reed, I want to keep on playing it! Thankfully, there are plenty Carol Reed games now, so I start from the beginning when I get cravings lol.

Very kind words, thank you!

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! Winners announced! - 10/10/17 03:22 PM

I too have recently played the entire Carol Reed series over again. And yes, you are correct. The longer the game the longer we would have to wait. And I know how impatient we can be! LOL Thanks again for your excellent work! Looking forward to the next one! wave

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! Winners announced! - 10/10/17 08:50 PM

When I play a Carol Reed game, I don't really stop until I'm finished, which will of course affect how long it feels. But I'm not the kind of person that can take long breaks. I get too excited. joy

It's not easy to estimate length, and perhaps the story would feel very drawn out if it was, say double it's current length? I don't know. But yeah, as it is now, it's either a longer game, and further apart or the other way around. But I totally understand. I want them longer as well!

Those that have commented have been very nice, and that ensures that I want to continue. Not that everything is great, but I'm so very happy that many of you want more. I'm in a planning phase right now, and also I take some pictures of course. And like I've said in other posts, I can guarantee that the orientation will be like in Mikael's games from now on. 4 directions to look almost everywhere. So the movement should be easier, and more familiar.

Thanks again!

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! Winners announced! - 10/11/17 02:38 AM

I just have to ask... How can one wish for a longer game

Originally Posted By: Penny Lane

I really liked it but I wish it were longer.

When they use...

I liked the in-game hint system and the video walkthrough which helped me through without missing anything important.

Now I don't question anyone if they choose to use Hints or Walkthroughs in any form as it is their choice and they are available but the game is longer without using them. Just saying. duh

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! Winners announced! - 10/11/17 03:10 AM

Originally Posted By: GreyFuss
I just have to ask... How can one wish for a longer game

I really liked it but I wish it were longer.

When they use...

I liked the in-game hint system and the video walkthrough which helped me through without missing anything important.

Now I don't question anyone if they choose to use Hints or Walkthroughs in any form as it is their choice and they are available but the game is longer without using them. Just saying. duh

Well............... While I am enjoying a game sometimes I want it to go on . You are correct about using hints and walkthroughs. But I really get so frustrated when I know I have missed something and can't figure something out. This happens to me a lot of times playing Nancy Drew games which I always end up having to ask for a saved game. I am one of those people who likes to finish a game. There are a few adventure games where I had just given up and that makes me crazy. So I definitely need hints and walkthroughs.

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! Winners announced! - 10/11/17 03:44 AM

Hi Penny

Don't get me wrong and I meant no disrespect. I wasn't questioning the virtues of using Walkthroughs, Hints or the right to use them, I was really confused as to how one could wish for a longer game when it is. I also agree with you on when you are really enjoying a game you don't ever want it to end.

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! Winners announced! - 10/11/17 03:56 AM

Originally Posted By: GreyFuss
Hi Penny

Don't get me wrong and I meant no disrespect. I wasn't questioning the virtues of using Walkthroughs, Hints or the right to use them, I was really confused as to how one could wish for a longer game when it is. I also agree with you on when you are really enjoying a game you don't ever want it to end.

No problem! But you pointed out to me something that I hadn't thought of. Using the hint system made the game really easy to follow and of course it would shorten a game.

When I think of the time and effort the game developers put into a game it really is impressive. Something that I wouldn't have the least idea how to do. The Carol Reed series and this game require a lot of photography which would take a long time to achieve what they want for a game and I certainly do appreciate their efforts.

I think they do a wonderful job. thumbsup

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! Winners announced! - 10/11/17 08:26 PM

I have the same problem. If I get stuck for too long, I lose interest in the game. That's why I like this hint system. But at the same time, it can be TOO easy to look as well lol.
Perhaps I should out a lock on the journal, so that you can only look if you do something. Oh I know, a puzzle! The player has to sing a song for it to open! Haha, I'm sorry, my brain just went off a cliff there. lol

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! Winners announced! - 10/11/17 09:01 PM

What ????

If you were to make us sing a song in order to access the hints, a lot of US could be jumping off that cliff with you !!!!

lol lol lol

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! Winners announced! - 10/11/17 09:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Mad
What ????

If you were to make us sing a song in order to access the hints, a lot of US could be jumping off that cliff with you !!!!

lol lol lol

For sure! lol lol

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! Winners announced! - 10/11/17 10:31 PM

Haha, I just got a mental image (picture?), of players singing into a microphone. grin

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! Winners announced! - 01/23/18 10:58 PM

I wanted to add something important. Today it happened again that the email address I got from PayPay was outdated or not working for any other reason.
It's very important that you check and make sure the email on your PayPayl account is accurate. There is no possible way for me to get in touch with a buyer if the email is not valid. I added that to the website as well. smile

EDIT. Perhaps the title of this thread needs to be edited so no one thinks it's a new giveaway or something? Can I do that myself?

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! Winners announced! - 01/23/18 11:38 PM

No worries, it says Winners announced , but I can change it to remove the giveaway part.

Re: Silent Footsteps Release and Giveaway! Winners announced! - 01/24/18 12:02 AM

Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre
No worries, it says Winners announced , but I can change it to remove the giveaway part.

Yes please. smile

EDIT. Perhaps remove our comments now as well?
© 2024 GameBoomers Community