GB HOMEPAGE

Syberia 3

Posted By: TLC

Syberia 3 - 08/25/17 11:01 PM

I received the game from Amazon today. But I am disappointed that it installs Steam to play the game and it auto saves at specific points and can't manually save games. Also its not point and click. So since I can't get passed, opening the door with the key, I always have to start a new game and replay it over and over again, trying to figure out the dang key. My Grandson will be disappointed, he was excited about a 3rd one coming out, its nothing like the first two. eek hardwall wavegirl
Posted By: Marian

Re: Syberia 3 - 08/25/17 11:04 PM

Sorry about that. It's too bad that you didn't search for old threads about Syberia 3 here, because little or nothing of what you mentioned would have come as a shock. Most players here had all of the same complaints.

This thread here pretty much covers it - 15 pages long - from its initial release and then players commenting upon it.

I did read, though, that the game had been patched a while back so that players could make the controls better.

Many of the reviews here on Steam aren't exactly glowing either.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Syberia 3 - 08/25/17 11:34 PM

YUp, we covered all of that here at length. I'm sorry you bought it and aren't enjoying it.

Ana wave
Posted By: jimrh69

Re: Syberia 3 - 08/25/17 11:38 PM

Let Steam update the game and then you'll have point and click ability in the game.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Syberia 3 - 08/25/17 11:46 PM

Originally Posted By: jimrh69
Let Steam update the game and then you'll have point and click ability in the game.

Since this is the version from Amazon -- a Steam installer on a disc and no game on the DVD -- it's probably already the newest version.

Maybe TLC just has to check the game options and see if there's an option for point-and-click (or something closer to it).

Originally Posted By: TLC
My Grandson will be disappointed, he was excited about a 3rd one coming out, its nothing like the first two.

I don't know how old Grandson is, but kids are usually better at learning new interfaces than older folk. If you can't get anything like "point-and-click" working, maybe get a small gamepad for Grandson and let him do the "driving."

Re: Syberia 3 - 08/26/17 12:14 AM

Yeah I should have read posts about it before buying. I'll check to see if I can find point and click in the options. Before the game would start, I think it was steam that updated something. My Grandson is 10, He won't be here this weekend. Maybe I'll get passed the first save spot before next weekend. rotfl
Posted By: mrbill

Re: Syberia 3 - 08/26/17 05:44 PM

Hi TLC

That is the same DVD that I bought and mine was converted to Point and Click automatically. I hope you can get it updated ok. I think you and the grandson will enjoy it if it becomes point and click. The controls were a mess before point and click.

Take care.

Bill

Re: Syberia 3 - 08/26/17 06:32 PM

Hi Bill, Thanks. I think I have it finally. I hope I end up enjoying it but it just doesn't feel the same as the other 2. I can't figure out how to inspect something out of the inventory.

Have a great weekend. wavegirl

I forgot to ask this, I never see gears when it saves, like it says when the game is loading. Is it actually saving when the lil youki is in the bottom right corner? Thanks.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community