GB HOMEPAGE

Announcing Trüberbrook - A Sci-Fi Mystery Adventure

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Announcing Trüberbrook - A Sci-Fi Mystery Adventure - 09/17/17 04:21 PM

Check out the video here and here.

Visit the official website here.

Quote:
»Trüberbrook« is a thrilling mystery adventure game set in rural Germany in the late 1960s. The player takes the role of young american physicist Tannhauser, who happens to end up in the eponymous village of Trüberbrook, an ageing but beautiful health resort somewhere in the densely forested countryside of West Germany. Tannhauser, while working on his PhD thesis, comes to Trüberbrook seeking to crack a tiresome mental block. But something in this town seems strangely spaced out, as the superficial german homeland setting gradually evolves into a puzzling sci-fi mystery.

One of the most distinctive features of the game is it’s unique visual style: The whole scenery and all backdrops will be build as real miniature scale models, captured with a 3D scanner, digitally polished and then blended with animated characters, visual effects and set extensions.

Gameplaywise, »Trüberbrook« is a somewhat classic point-and-click adventure game with a modern approach.

Mood and atmosphere of the game are inspired by TV series like »Twin Peaks«, »The X-Files« and »True Detective«. The game mixes German folklore with a gripping sci-fi storyline, covering universal themes like love, friendship, loyalty, rootlessness, self-discovery and monster hunting.

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave
Posted By: Marian

Re: Announcing Trüberbrook - A Sci-Fi Mystery Adventure - 09/17/17 04:47 PM

It looks interesting, Ana. Thanks for the news. wave
Posted By: CountZero

Re: Announcing Trüberbrook - A Sci-Fi Mystery Adventure - 09/17/17 07:27 PM

Looks great smile
Posted By: Mad

Re: Announcing Trüberbrook - A Sci-Fi Mystery Adventure - 09/18/17 08:02 AM

Looks pretty OK !! grin Thank you, BrownEyedTigre smile
Posted By: ergggo

Re: Announcing Trüberbrook - A Sci-Fi Mystery Adventure - 09/18/17 12:11 PM

This looks very promising, and uses techniques similar to those used in Harold Halibut. I'd play either of these games as soon as they're available. The Truberbrook site mentions a Kickstarter campaign will be coming shortly.

Thanks for the info, Ana.
Posted By: ViktorTheBoar

Re: Announcing Trüberbrook - A Sci-Fi Mystery Adventure - 09/18/17 03:12 PM

This looks too awesome for words O_O
Posted By: TomaszM

Re: Announcing Trüberbrook - A Sci-Fi Mystery Adventure - 01/21/19 09:27 PM

The game is finished, although exact release date is not revealed yet.

Quote:
We did it! Finally, the game is finished!
As close as we are to the finish line, we can't disclose, confirm or specify the exact release date at this moment – but the day is coming very close.
While the PC versions of Trüberbrook are running like a charm, the console versions still need some love and tweaking. We'll spend the upcoming weeks finding the (hopefully) last bugs and do a bit of polishing here and there.

Posted By: CountZero

Re: Announcing Trüberbrook - A Sci-Fi Mystery Adventure - 01/22/19 01:32 AM

Looks awesome. Hope to play it soon.....
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Announcing Trüberbrook - A Sci-Fi Mystery Adventure - 01/22/19 02:34 AM

Pretty sure this one is already on my wishlist too. Thanks.
Posted By: Jeanne

Re: Announcing Trüberbrook - A Sci-Fi Mystery Adventure - 01/22/19 07:12 PM

Already on my wish list and I am ready to play!
Posted By: CaptainD

Re: Announcing Trüberbrook - A Sci-Fi Mystery Adventure - 01/23/19 01:47 PM

I love the art style, and nice to see how the stage is set up. Definitely one to look out for!
Posted By: venus

Re: Announcing Trüberbrook - A Sci-Fi Mystery Adventure - 01/24/19 05:36 AM

Sounds great. Looking forward to the game. thumbsup
© 2024 GameBoomers Community