broken sword

Posted By: deleterman

broken sword - 10/21/17 12:57 AM

that one is the best to start with ? headscratch
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: broken sword - 10/21/17 01:10 AM

If you're asking which Broken Sword game to start with,
play the first one first of course.

Broken Sword 1: The Shadow of the Templars (aka Circle of Blood)

Broken Sword 2: The Smoking Mirror

Re: broken sword - 10/21/17 02:05 AM

thank you so much .i just wanted to make sure. thumbsup

Re: broken sword - 10/21/17 02:56 AM

where does broken sword -director's cut ,come in ? headscratch BTW are these GOG games? thanks
Posted By: venus

Re: broken sword - 10/21/17 04:15 PM

Deleterman, the director's cut is a later release of the original game. It has some added Nico parts, which are nice, but some sections of the original were cut. I still think the original is the best overall and would recommend playing that one first and then the director's cut if you are still interested. You can get the games on GOG. You'll have to purchase the director's cut, but the original comes as an "extra," so you can download and play it easily.

You may need to copy the files and play it through Scummvm, though, but hopefully that won't be the case. I had to do that on one computer, as the game wouldn't save and load, but I didn't have that problem on my new computer. So either they fixed the issue since then, or it varies depending on the computer.

Re: broken sword - 10/21/17 04:36 PM

thanks for your info on this ,i have broken sword:the smoking mirror,but i can't find circle of blood/shadow of the templars .on GOG . is that odd?
Posted By: Marian

Re: broken sword - 10/21/17 05:02 PM

It can be confusing, because Broken Sword 1 and 2 had different titles, depending on whether they were the European release or the North American release.

You can find the Director's Cut here. It includes the original first Broken Sword game as well.
Posted By: venus

Re: broken sword - 10/21/17 05:04 PM

You're welcome. Here's a link to the game - https://www.gog.com/game/broken_sword_directors_cut. You probably couldn't find it because it's under Director's Cut. It looks like they have a good deal on it now. smile

If you decide to get it and want to play the original, just go into the section labeled "Game Goodies." One of the extras is for the original Broken Sword, which you can download from there. smile

EDIT: It looks like Marian and I had the same thought at the same time. grin
Posted By: Marian

Re: broken sword - 10/21/17 05:08 PM

Good to know where they put the original game in the download, venus. wave

Re: broken sword - 10/21/17 05:50 PM

thanks , i was looking for -broken sword:circle of blood/shadow of the templars, got it. thumbsup praise thanks dance devilchili
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: broken sword - 10/21/17 05:58 PM

If you want the 1996 CD version of the first Broken Sword game, check eBay.
The UK name was Shadow of the Templars
The US name was Circle of Blood
It's the exact same game, sold under different names in different countries.

If you want a download, Marian and Venus have already told you the original Broken Sword game is included along with the "Director's Cut" being sold at GOG.
https://www.gog.com/game/broken_sword_directors_cut

Re: broken sword - 10/21/17 06:56 PM

thanks ,i have a walkthrough that i played 7 years ago so i must of had on a cd.will have to look for it.i can't find it on my computer. woozy yikes ! that was on my old computer i found the cd but it will not work on my new computer.and i can't find it on GOG,now what ???????? woozy headscratch well i'm playing chronicles of mystery :the tree of life.now thats a good one . lab joy devilchili finished now on to broken sword :shadow of the templars.. thumbsup
© 2024 GameBoomers Community