GB HOMEPAGE

Question about the new Black Mirror game

Posted By: JoAJ

Question about the new Black Mirror game - 11/18/17 11:07 PM

When I read the announcement about a new Black Mirror game being released I thought I'd ordered it on Steam, but it looks like that was Black Mirror 3 which I now find was released in 2011 (don't know how on earth I missed that one!) Anyway, I'm pretty sure that's what it was supposed to be but I guess the new game being released later this month is actually Black Mirror 4 - is that correct?
Posted By: Marian

Re: Question about the new Black Mirror game - 11/18/17 11:16 PM

I believe the release date is November 28th.

You can read about the new Black Mirror game here.

It is not a continuation of the previous trilogy.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Question about the new Black Mirror game - 11/18/17 11:35 PM

Just don't buy the new one thinking it has anything to do with the previous Black Mirror games. The only thing it has in common is the game's title and that the name of the family is "Gordon." The story is not a continuation or a prequel -- it's a completely disconnected story -- a "reboot."

It is not a "Black Mirror 4."

The point-and-click gameplay is gone too. So unless you enjoy console ports, you may want to wait and not pre-order.

Expect the new one to have plenty of QTE's and other dexterity-dependent "challenges" for the console gamers -- moreso than in Syberia 3. So if you're not good at these, you may have to ask for a lot of saved games -- and there may not be any available.

On the other hand, if you haven't played Black Mirror 3 yet, enjoy that one, which picks up where Black Mirror 2 left off.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Question about the new Black Mirror game - 11/18/17 11:47 PM

YOu can read the comments on the thread here. It explains what it is.

You want to purchase this game here.

Ana wave
Posted By: JoAJ

Re: Question about the new Black Mirror game - 11/19/17 01:15 AM

Thanks for that, I have actually ordered Black Mirror 3 but as I said, I really don't understand how on earth I missed the release since I loved the first game so much (which I just replayed) also replaying and nearly finished Black Mirror 2 which I never liked as much as the first one.

As for games using keyboard, I don't mind using the keyboard at all, so long as the game itself is good - like the Longest Journey/Dreamfall series, still like most people I'd rather have point & click.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community