GB HOMEPAGE

Delaware St. john

Posted By: judith

Delaware St. john - 01/29/18 08:02 PM

Has asylum of the lost been cancelled, I haven't heard anything about it at all.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Delaware St. john - 01/29/18 08:35 PM

I just took a look at the developer's Facebook page and his last post was from April 2017. It sounds like the intention to make the game is still there, but it doesn't appear that much if any progress is being made.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Delaware St. john - 01/29/18 10:00 PM

Bryan Weigele had a couple successful kickstarters and not delivered on them. He isn't working on any of them. The only thing he is working on is an LGBT comic strip he creates. I wouldn't hold your breath on seeing the game.

I pledged on all his projects and they are all but dead except for his twice yearly updates saying he is trying to get to them to appease backers. It's a bitter pill to swallow when someone starts something new to work on after taking other peoples hard earned money to produce something they were promised. smirk

Ana
Posted By: Marian

Re: Delaware St. john - 01/29/18 10:07 PM

Ana, that says it all and then some. Thank you for that info.
Posted By: dianne

Re: Delaware St. john - 01/30/18 04:02 AM

that's what I thought as well as I had also pledged oh well a lesson well learned DIANNE
Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: Delaware St. john - 01/30/18 05:27 AM

Have you contacted Kickstarter about this?

Re: Delaware St. john - 01/30/18 02:41 PM

No, I don't have the time to chase things unfortunately. Really don't think there is anything that would be done anyways.

Re: Delaware St. john - 01/31/18 06:55 PM

Thanks for all the replies, just getting back to you because I was in the hospital yesterday getting a stint put into my heart. I was really hoping for this game because I just loved the third one. Oh well.

Re: Delaware St. john - 01/31/18 10:47 PM

Hope you are doing well now, judith! hearts

Re: Delaware St. john - 02/01/18 07:59 PM

Thanks Ana.
Posted By: frazap

Re: Delaware St. john - 02/02/18 03:59 PM

To be fair we did get digital downloads of all three existing games in the series, including an enhanced edition of the first one, for a pretty small pledge. There are other Kickstarter projects that I feel more cheated by than this one to be honest.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Delaware St. john - 02/02/18 04:11 PM

Duplicates of something I already own (and paid full price for) isn't a replacement for a new game I donated to.

I'd guess most people who donated already had the previous games.
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Delaware St. john - 02/02/18 04:40 PM

I feel that if a kickstarter does not come to pass the author should send back the money pledged
Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: Delaware St. john - 02/02/18 08:45 PM

It says right in Kickstarter rules the project has to actually come about. Do they not actually enforce that?

Re: Delaware St. john - 02/03/18 01:21 AM

frazap, giving me something i don't want is no replacement for what I paid for. I have all the games and have no need for another copy. And when I see them ignoring a project they were paid for to start something else, I reserve the right to be upset and annoyed by it. It is very unprofessional to say the least.
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Delaware St. john - 02/03/18 02:09 AM

And I would expect more from a person who has made Adventure Games in the past and is well established in this!
Posted By: frazap

Re: Delaware St. john - 02/03/18 11:49 AM

Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre
frazap, giving me something i don't want is no replacement for what I paid for. I have all the games and have no need for another copy. And when I see them ignoring a project they were paid for to start something else, I reserve the right to be upset and annoyed by it. It is very unprofessional to say the least.

You are entitled to be annoyed!:) Just my two cents, based on the fact that I pledged thinking it was worth 10 dollars just to receive DRM-free and easy to store versions of three already owned games and an updated version of one of them. I didn't say I don't feel cheated, only that I've felt more cheated by other Kickstarter projects. A certain horror game supposedly set in an asylum and that I pledged a pretty substantial sum for years and years ago comes to mind... That is the last Kickstarter game I'm waiting for. I never pledge for games on KS anymore.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community