GB HOMEPAGE

Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG

Posted By: Marian

Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/08/18 03:51 PM

You can find it here. Nice to see yet another older Sierra game show up on GOG. wave
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/08/18 04:34 PM

Wow... from 1996! I sure hope we see more old Sierra games on GOG.
Posted By: TLC

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/08/18 06:34 PM

Thanks Marian. wavegirl I just bought it. joy
Posted By: GuybrushThreepwood

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/08/18 07:10 PM

I believe I played that one.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/08/18 08:56 PM

Thanks Marian. I received this game along with something I ordered from the All Video guy but haven't played it yet.
Posted By: Fireflower

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/08/18 09:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Draclvr
Wow... from 1996! I sure hope we see more old Sierra games on GOG.

I would love to see more old Sierra adventures on another site I know of. smile

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/08/18 09:49 PM

Same here, Fireflower! The fact that they have been tweaked to run on new operating systems is the best part.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/08/18 11:08 PM

The reason you're seeing games like Shivers and Lighthouse on GOG is that the latest version of ScummVM now supports them.

It's nice that GOG now offers them, but it's the ScummVM team that did most of the work of making them run on new operating systems.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/09/18 12:25 AM

Thanks, Marian!

Ana wave

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/09/18 12:27 AM

I got excited there for a minute! I checked and unfortunately Shivers is not available at GOG.

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/09/18 12:47 AM

If Shivers ever shows up on GOG, you better believe I will announce it here! laugh

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/09/18 12:56 AM

Me too!

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/09/18 01:25 AM

I expect Shivers to be along soon.
Check the ScummVM v2.0 compatibility list.
http://scummvm.org/compatibility/2.0.0/

Riven is now on the ScummVM list too, along with Myst and Myst Masterpiece.
So if you have the disc versions, they should be easier to play using ScummVM.

Shivers, RAMA, and Lighthouse are all now supported by ScummVM, but not Shivers 2 (not yet anyway).
Posted By: sanford

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/09/18 02:26 AM

I just purchased "Lighthouse from GOG for $5.99, I played it when it was a "boxed" version (1996), and it's still on my "dusty" shelf. It has always been one of my favorite Sierra games so it's on my play list after I finish Black Mirror 1, also from GOG, and also a replay from the past.
Sandy
Posted By: Adam Beals

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/09/18 03:55 AM

Oh I haven't played this game in years! I must get this one.
Posted By: kazzmo

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/09/18 05:28 AM

Gosh, I love GOG!! They have more of my money than I do.
Posted By: Carolin

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/09/18 09:03 AM

Was thinking about this game earlier this week, but I wasn't in the mood for tweaking it to run.
These days, when I do have time to play a game I need something that isn't required a lot of work just to get it to run. So this is very good News. (Do I need to say that I have already bought it? smile )
Posted By: Marinus_Louis

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/09/18 09:11 AM

Just bought Lighthouse at gog.com. Hope they do Rama and the first Shivers game as well in the near future. Rama was a fantastic game with a fantastic soundtrack. The first Shivers game was also good, but I didn't like the second Shivers game much. And maybe, just maybe if Rama sells good, there will finaly come a segual for Rama, just as was promised at the end of Rama.

Back in the "old days" I did walkthroughs for all of these games. In 2010 I made a new walkthrough for Rama and you can find it on my site. I don't have the Shivers and the Lighthouse walkthroughs anymore, but I can ask around if someone have these stil and if so can sent them back to me.

Marinus_Louis
Posted By: frazap

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/09/18 10:17 AM

Originally Posted By: Carolin
Was thinking about this game earlier this week, but I wasn't in the mood for tweaking it to run.
These days, when I do have time to play a game I need something that isn't required a lot of work just to get it to run. So this is very good News. (Do I need to say that I have already bought it? smile )

Not much tweaking required since Lighthouse is now on the ScummVM compatibility list, as Jenny100 pointed out above. But I will buy it from GOG anyway just to show them my appreciation.

I have fond memories of Lighthouse. It was one of the first games I played after having discovered adventure games through Myst back in the mid 90's. Bought it when it was released.

Also pleased to see they have released Goetia on GOG. A very good adventure game. Highly recommended!
Posted By: Fireflower

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/09/18 12:28 PM

If there are any old adventure games that you would like to see available (digitally) again and you know who to contact at the company that owns the rights to it, let me know and I'll do everything I can to make it happen.

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/09/18 03:43 PM

I knew that my friends would deliver.....Just uploaded my old Lighthouse walkthrough and the Shivers 1 walkthrough back on my site. I made them in 2005, so the screenshots are a bit vague. There are 2 Lighthouse walkthroughs, the first one is for how to play the game as intended by Sierra. The second Lighthouse walkthrough is my Alternate walkthrough for the game.....it let you play the game without the need to open the save in the lighthouse and to go underwater with the submarine. The alternate walkthrough also explane how to blow up the vulcano in the end, so you don't need to solve the gun puzzle

The Shivers 1 walkthrough comes with screenshots for all pots and covers and for all the possible hiding places of the Ixupi's.

I know.....it's all in Dutch and most of you English speaking folks don't know the first thing about Dutch. But why not take a change with Google Translate? It won't harm you and it won't bite you...You only need a bit of common sence and you'll be ok with my Dutch walkthroughs, as a few of our fellow boomers have assured me

Have fun playing these nice old Sierra games

Marinus_Louis

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/09/18 04:09 PM

Originally Posted By: kazzmo
Gosh, I love GOG!! They have more of my money than I do.

rotfl
Posted By: Mad

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/09/18 07:17 PM

Had to go buy this one !! Yes Sir !! laugh

Only ever finished it once - in the past.

In later attempts I always got stuck/lost on the railway lines redface

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/09/18 07:39 PM

I still have my Lighthouse strategy guide that I purchased 20+ years ago. smile

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/09/18 08:11 PM

I also just purchased "GOETIA" from GOG, after reading about the storyline. There ARE some good walkthroughs for this game available. Now that I've started to play LIGHTHOUSE, Louis, Is
your Lighthouse walkthrough on your site now?
Sandy

OK, just checked your site, Louis, and I DID find lighthouse on it. I have the original SIERRA WT,and now I have your greatly detailed WT to refer to. THANK YOU AGAIN!

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/09/18 08:15 PM

Louis has said that the Lighthouse walkthrough is back on his website now, so good news. smile
Posted By: judith

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/09/18 09:16 PM

I will definitely buy this one (after hubby does a clean install on my win 7). Now GOG, please do Black Dahlia.
Posted By: Tally Ho

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/09/18 10:37 PM

I also have the original discs - am I interpreting correctly the notion that if I run ScummVm I can then use the original software??

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/09/18 10:49 PM

Originally Posted By: judith
I will definitely buy this one (after hubby does a clean install on my win 7). Now GOG, please do Black Dahlia.

Wouldn't that just be perfection ???? ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/09/18 10:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Tally Ho
I also have the original discs - am I interpreting correctly the notion that if I run ScummVm I can then use the original software??

You copy files from the discs to your hard drive.
Then you point ScummVM at the folder you copied the files to and it will be ready to play.

Usually it's fine to just copy everything if it's a single CD, or you can copy the files listed for the game at
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Datafiles

For Lighthouse, try the following:
Quote:
All SCI32 (SCI2/3) games

Copy all files from each disk or CD to the game directory. Some games need additional work:

Games with multiple CDs

Directories that exist on multiple discs (e.g. ROBOT and VMD directories) must be merged together, not replaced.
Rename the RESOURCE.SFX from each CD to RESSFX.00<cdnumber>, and the RESOURCE.AUD from each CD to RESAUD.00<cdnumber>, to match the corresponding RESSCI.00<cdnumber> file that exists on each CD.
It should be safe to replace any other files from later CDs that were copied already from earlier CDs, except in Phantasmagoria 1 (see below).

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/09/18 11:18 PM

Thanks Jenny - I'll give it a shot.

p.s. I'm holding my breath for them to make Obsidian playable!

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/10/18 12:22 AM

Well I'll be!!

I downloaded the scummvm software and installed it.
Then, rather than trying a multi-disc game, I copied the contents of MYST (original) to a folder.
Started scumm, and voila - it worked! I just wish I could do that to all the oldies I would like to replay.

That was nearly an hour ago, so you can guess what I have been doing during that hour: playing a game that I played around 25 years ago. Thanks, and thanks again! It's a teeny bit grainy on a large monitor, but so what. Back to the game - - -

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/10/18 12:41 AM

Uh-oh -

I can't figure out how to save a game. If I recall, moving the mouse to the top opened a menu, but that isn't happening.
I tried Ctrl-S and some other keys to no avail...

I have to leave the game running until I can save. Halp!

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/10/18 01:08 AM

Have you tried F5 or Alt-F5 ?

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/10/18 01:37 AM

Kazzmo, talking about spending money on games: I have 122 games in my GOG library alone, but I think it was worth it. I happen to be "independently wealthy" NOT LOL. Happy Gaming!
Sandy

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/10/18 03:41 AM

F5 was the answer. Thanx!!

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/10/18 06:38 AM

Tally Ho, On the left in the inventory bar at the bottom of the screen is a pic of the LIGHTHOUSE. Click on that to SAVE, LOAD, Quit, RESUME GAME, OPTIONS, etc. That IS the main menu in this game.
BTW, this game, which I just purchased from GOG runs Perfectly on my WIN 10 PC, no "tweaking" necessary. I originally played Lighthouse in 1996.
Sandy
Posted By: flotsam

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/10/18 08:21 AM

Sorry to come late but good news indeed!

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/10/18 04:50 PM

Sandford....Couldn't answer you yesterday because my computer went crazy after I had put the Lighthouse and the Shivers walkthroughs on my site. After a long search I found that it was a NVidia Physic driver that was the problem, so I removed it an the problem was over. Don't now how that driver came to be on my computer because I have a Radeon card from AMD in it. Maybe it installed during installation of a game and was left behind when I uninstalled that game.

But the Lighthouse and the Shivers walkthroughs are back on my site. They are old walkthroughs from 2005 and then they were remakes of still older walkthroughs I made when the games came out original. The screenshots are a bit vague, but that's just the way they are. Maybe I go do a new walkthrough for Lighthouse with new screenshot and maybe I can do it in English this time, since I have practice my English with the English Xing walkthrough, that by the way is also ready now.

Please to read that you got hold of Goetia....a very nice but very difficult game to play. If you can pardon me I'll take the chance to promote my very detailed Goetia walkthrough here, and off course you can find it on my site. Also our Syberia 3 walkthrough is ready. I'm not going to do an English Syberia 3 walkthrough since that is already done by Mr. Bill and he did a very fine job with it

Happy gaming all

Marinus_Louis

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/10/18 05:18 PM

I have already downloaded both your Lighthouse walkthroughs, Marinus_Louis, and thank you SO MUCH for them !! bravo
Of course if you eventually make an English one as well, I will be downloading that too yay

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/10/18 07:26 PM

HI again Louis,
Because of your remarkable walkthroughs, I bought Lighthouse AND Goetia from GOG, playing them both right now. THANK YOU!
Sandy
Posted By: lexxy

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/10/18 08:18 PM

I loaded Lighthouse in my cart and it asked for number since it did not recognize my computer. I said send me the code and that was one day and a few hours ago and no code. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/10/18 09:14 PM

Number? Do you mean password? Was it supposed to come to your email address? Is that listed correctly? Could it have gone to a spam filter?
Posted By: lexxy

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/10/18 09:19 PM

I may have used the wrong word but I have used GOG for years and have never been asked to supply a code. My password is not in question it is the code they reference.

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/10/18 09:23 PM

Ah, now I understand... GOG did start using two-step authentication some time ago. I suspect that's it.

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/10/18 09:27 PM

Check the email you use for GOG.
This is an annoying thing that many online game sellers are doing now. They send a code to your email if they haven't been allowed to keep a cookie on your computer.

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/11/18 06:20 AM

Draclvr, I believe that you are absolutely correct about that "authentication" that GOG asks for randomly, All I had to when asked for a "CODE" they sent it immediately to my e-mail. Went and got the "code" from the GOG e-mail reply and put it into the "Authentication" Window, and then I promptly got the OK from GOG, and was able to get my game into the GOG game library. As far as accessing Lighthouse, I didn't have to go through all of that nonsense. I just paid for my game, and it immediately went into my GOG "Library", I guess I will have to go through that "procedure" again sometime in the future.
Sandy

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/11/18 01:41 PM

If this is the 'dual authentification' procedure, when it was first introduced it was optional and I didn't like it so opted out and have never had to comply since.

( Unless this is something else and I haven't experienced it yet ?? woozy )

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/11/18 05:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Mad
If this is the 'dual authentification' procedure, when it was first introduced it was optional and I didn't like it so opted out and have never had to comply since.

( Unless this is something else and I haven't experienced it yet ?? woozy )

I disabled it on my account, too, and have never had a problem since.

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/11/18 05:35 PM

I went ahead and left the dual authentication on my account. I've only had to do it once and it took all of about 60 seconds. I also use dual authentication at Steam and for all of my other accounts where I have to use a credit card. I never allow them to "keep" my credit card info for the future, but nothing is impossible for the hackers.

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/11/18 05:41 PM

DRac, I am with you! I have dual authentication on everything that allows it! I just had 17 attempts to hack in my FaceBook account, I had a major attack on my itunes account and without the notifications that someone was trying to log in from a computer that isn't mine, I would have been in deep doodoo! I say we can't be too safe!

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/11/18 06:39 PM

I was actually thinking of you when I wrote that post. I know you also swear by it....

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/11/18 06:47 PM

I use ALL security options for sites where anything like credit card details are held but not necessarily at others.

And sites allowed to hold any details of that nature relating to me are VERY few.

GOG isn't one of them smile

Plus I "clear history" on both Firefox and IE before I close down my computer for the day which should help to "break some ties" ??

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/11/18 08:11 PM

Not if the website itself is hacked and you have an account there. As I said, I don't allow sites to "keep" my CC info, but I HAVE used it at GOG or Steam or other websites. As Ana says, you can't be too careful and 2 step verification is worth it to me.

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/11/18 10:19 PM

"Not if the website itself is hacked and you have an account there."

But if I don't leave any "finance" details on site, what can the hackers get think

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/11/18 10:37 PM

But if they can get into your account, how much of your other personal information can they get? Name, email, etc.??? Access to all your games? Personally, I'm not willing to take a chance. Two step verification is just far too simple to pass up a little extra security.

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/11/18 10:52 PM

I suppose so yes

But there ARE loads of places hackers can get that kind of information - if they're decent hackers !! duh

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/12/18 02:04 AM

Correct, Mad, which is why the more places you can protect yourself, the better!

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/12/18 02:32 AM

What Ana said! while my information may be out there in lots of places, having it all tidily available in one place is not acceptable for me.

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/12/18 05:32 AM

When GOG first decided to introduce this dual security option, they emailed me and invited me to try it.
So I did. And it was a total disaster. It didn't work. With the fault entirely theirs.
Plus it resulted in my being locked out of my account for several days shocked

The finale was that THEY had to take me out of the procedure and get me logged back in to the site and since then I have never bothered with their dual stuff. Nor had any security problems !!
In fact, if the archives here at Gameboomers go back to that time, it might be possible to read the long thread that was specifically devoted to the problem.

I am a member at many sites where some details of me are held - such as here at Gameboomers - and where just a normal log-in user name and password are required, and, to my knowledge, none have ever been hacked and none of my info ever stolen.
So I'm not actually sure what you mean by "having my info tidily available in one place" ??

Obviously I AM very careful about what sites I might choose to join yes
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/12/18 03:12 PM

I do 2 step also, not that hard and I want that extra safety net.

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/12/18 03:14 PM

GameBoomers doesn't hold any info on members. We do not even require real names, just a member name of their choice and email address you registered with. No addresses, no phone #'s, no nothing.

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/12/18 03:50 PM

I actually remember when you got locked out of your GOG account right after they started the two step verification. As I recall, it was a nightmare for you!

Steam had a huge hack a couple of years ago and users information was stolen is one instance.

I may have a username and password at places like GB. But at places like GOG or Steam, they have a lot more information in my account than places like GB or Mystery Manor. And sure, I tell them to not retain my credit card information, but how do I know for sure??

I can understand why you don't use it - I probably wouldn't either! But I would much rather take an extra 60 seconds to be safe rather than sorry.

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/12/18 04:33 PM

Hi

I'm getting a bit confused here.....Naturaly I to have a gog.com account but I don't have that two-step thing there activated. In fact I have deactive it and I can not see what's the harm in that. Gog do not have any information about me that could harm me if they are hacked. Gog only knows my username and my password. Gog doesn't now my real name, doesn't now my address and it doesn't now my bank info, at least I never told them.

When I buy a game at Gog.com I pay it with Paypall and I do not have a lot of money stashed there, just enough to buy the game. The worst that could happen is that hackers steal my games from my gog library, but I have already download them and keep them on a safe external drive. Once in a while I check my gog library to see if there are any updates or patches for any of the games I bought there, and until now all of my games are still there.

So, I don't see any reason to activate that two-step thing. Anaway's I don't use there Galaxy thing either because it messed up my computer totaly when it accidentaly get installed through a gog game I bought recently....but that problem was over after I get rid of that Galaxy thing

I also have a Steam account but I hardly used it...I'm a profound Steam Hater, but sometimes you can't without it

Marinus_Louis

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/12/18 04:53 PM

And that's why GOG and other places give us a choice. Not everyone wants to use two-step verification... to each their own! However, I am firmly in Ana's camp and I want to take whatever precautions I can to prevent ANY of my accounts from being hacked, no matter what information is there.

Quote:
Drac, I am with you! I have dual authentication on everything that allows it! I just had 17 attempts to hack in my FaceBook account, I had a major attack on my itunes account and without the notifications that someone was trying to log in from a computer that isn't mine, I would have been in deep doodoo! I say we can't be too safe!

I've had to recover FB accounts for two people and they ended up having to change email addresses because the hacker obtained access to their email and was sending out all kinds of spam and pleas for money. If nothing else, it's just a huge pain to have to recover an account from anywhere if it's hacked...

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/12/18 06:27 PM

I can only reiterate that my credit card details are retained by only two or three major sites at the most and have been safely held by those sites for years now.

[But not by GOG and certainly not by Steam .. I left Steam years ago.]

Plus .. None of the sites who DO hold my info offer dual security log-in procedures but happily, so far, none of them have been hacked.

Nor am I a member of any social media places such as Facebook, Twitter etc..

And for making purchases on-line I mostly use PayPal which I consider to be one of the best.

The very few times someone has attempted to fraudulently use my ID, my bank has notified me immediately and prevented any transaction from taking place and I have then also immediately changed my password at the relevant site !!

Obviously NO site can be regarded as bomb proof but the one computer of mine that does have internet access is as well protected as it can be.

It's SO easy to become paranoid about security !!

And are we still "on topic" ???? woozy

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/12/18 06:49 PM

I'm not sure why people are recommending Mad use GOG's two-step when it
locked her out of her account.

Steam is going to be much more of a target than GOG. If someone breaks into a GOG account, they can download the person's games. If they're smart, they won't change the person's password because it's better for them if the account owner never knows about the break-in. If they do change the password, locking out the owner, the owner will contact GOG and eventually get control back and change the password, locking out the thief.

If someone breaks into a Steam account, they can sell any of the owner's virtual items associated with MMO's. Some of these virtual items sell for absurd amounts of money, into the thousands of dollars. Even if the victim doesn't own any virtual items, the thief can use the victim's account for illegal transactions, which often gets the account banned by Steam, though the owner of the account had nothing to do with the transactions, has no knowledge of them, and has luck of the draw getting their account back after the banning. Once banned, the victim loses access to all their games and can't play any except the relative few that are DRM-free once downloaded (and were previously downloaded).

Considering the amount of money that can be invested in a Steam account beyond the initial cost of the games, I think Steam is remiss in not allowing physical tokens for security -- in other words, real security.

SMS and email notifications are poor security.
There is no verification that the intended recipient even receives the message, let alone that it hasn't been intercepted along the way.
Read about SS7 vulnerabilities and why NIST has deprecated use of SMS for authentication.

GOG keeps re-enabling the "two-step" authentication on my account, despite that I disabled it and consider "two-step" to be near worthless. I wouldn't mind using a physical token -- something that actually increased security -- but SMS/email notifications only increase the chance of being locked out of my own account should my ISP decide the notifications are spam.

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/12/18 07:39 PM

I don't think anyone is recommending Mad use two-step. In fact, I agreed with her that I probably wouldn't use it either if I had her experience - just commenting on why I CHOOSE to use it. As I said earlier, it's a choice we all make for ourselves. I'm just glad that GOG gives us a choice, but it sounds like they aren't listening to you!

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/12/18 11:13 PM

Just to bring you up to date on my efforts with ScummVM - (and perhaps rescue the original topic lol )

I successfully installed MYST and Shivers from their original discs, and got so engrossed with MYST that I finished the game.

Then, undaunted, I installed Lighthouse, making (I thought) the recommended name-changes to some of the files.
The odd thing I noticed was, after copying disc 2, several of the files were renamed, and upon starting the game it yielded a complicated error message. In spite of that, the game ran for a bit, then didn't. I attempted to correct the arbitrary name-changes, but made things worse.

So - I deleted the files and started over. Copied disc one, then created a separate folder and copied disc two into that new folder. This gave me the ability to rename the resource files, and monitor what got merged and what got overwritten in the process of joining the two folders into one. Success! woot

Thanks to all who helped, and please wish me luck when I try the biggie - the Beast Within comes on not two but SIX discs.

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/12/18 11:56 PM

Thank you, Tally Ho! for your efforts and for rescuing the original topic!
Posted By: The13thDoll

Re: Lighthouse: The Dark Being Now on GOG - 02/13/18 02:38 AM

Adding this to my Wishlist for additional tracking.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community