GB HOMEPAGE

The House of Da Vinci

Posted By: colpet

The House of Da Vinci - 02/09/18 06:09 PM

This game was mentioned in another thread ( The Room: Old Sins ) . I have just finished it, and I thought it deserved its own thread. I played it on my iPad, though I believe it is available on PC and other ports as well. It is a puzzle lovers dream, and very similar to The Room games. It was also a fairly long game, taking you through different areas of Da Vinci's house and workshop. One thing that distinguishes these type of games for me from more traditional PC adventures is that I don't usually have to take notes. Everything you need is present and close at hand. The Room 3 was an exception to this, but that is another story. In Da Vinci, I only had to jot down a few things to help me along. There were also some achievements to find in each area of the building. Normally I wouldn't put much emphasis on these, but they were fairly easy to find. Each showed a machine or invention that illuminated a part of Da Vinci's life. You could inspect these gadgets, and get them to work showing intricate detail.
I highly recommend this game for first person puzzle lovers. There is more info here from the developer's page:
The House of Da Vinci
Just so there is no confusion, this is a different game than The Secrets of Da Vinci, the older PC game.
Posted By: GreyFuss

Re: The House of Da Vinci - 02/09/18 06:13 PM

I second that recommendation as this was an unknown surprise for me and it is indeed for the PC.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: The House of Da Vinci - 02/09/18 10:03 PM

We announced the game here and I pledged to the Kickstarter. It is a wonderful game indeed!

Ana wave
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: The House of Da Vinci - 02/09/18 11:11 PM

Thanks for the input. It's on my wishlist.

Re: The House of Da Vinci - 02/10/18 02:15 AM

[quote=BrownEyedTigre]We announced the game here and I pledged to the Kickstarter. It is a wonderful game indeed!

Sorry, Ana. oops blush
I did search for a previous thread, but I only went back a year.
Posted By: Marinus_Louis

Re: The House of Da Vinci - 02/11/18 05:13 PM

Hi

Just to let you know that Lion_1251 (Dick leeuw) is buzy with his English and Dutch text walkthrough for "The House of Da Vinci" game. The walkthrough will have many screenshots to explain the puzzles. The first 3 chapters are done and Lion_1251 has sent it to me. Coming week I shall make it into a html document and put the first 3 chapters on my site.

Marinus_Louis
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: The House of Da Vinci - 02/11/18 07:05 PM

Thanks Marinus_Louis!
Posted By: SCOTTY

Re: The House of Da Vinci - 02/12/18 03:26 PM

Without a doubt, one of the best puzzle adventure games I have ever played. Puzzles range from fairly easy to quite challenging. The graphics are A+++. Hint system can be turned on or off. If there is a downside to this game it's kinda on the short side so if you catch it on sale as I did on STEAM..$14.99...GET IT!! WONDERFULGAME!!

Re: The House of Da Vinci - 02/12/18 05:30 PM

Originally Posted By: SCOTTY
Without a doubt, one of the best puzzle adventure games I have ever played. Puzzles range from fairly easy to quite challenging. The graphics are A+++. Hint system can be turned on or off. If there is a downside to this game it's kinda on the short side so if you catch it on sale as I did on STEAM..$14.99...GET IT!! WONDERFULGAME!!
Glad to hear you liked it too. Maybe I found it long because I played it over a few weeks, savoring each section when I had the time to devote to it.
Posted By: Reenie

Re: The House of Da Vinci - 02/12/18 07:06 PM

Thanks, Colpet. Another game I missed, maybe because I also confused it with the earlier DaVinci game (which I loved). Am going to go looking for it now.
Posted By: GreyFuss

Re: The House of Da Vinci - 02/12/18 07:11 PM

I also found this game to be good and long. Of course if someone uses a Hint System I guess they might think this game or any game is too short.

Re: The House of Da Vinci - 02/12/18 11:42 PM

I never thought it was short, but like Greyfuss stated, if you use the hint system it will go faster. I wracked my brain to solve some of those puzzles!

Re: The House of Da Vinci - 02/13/18 01:45 PM

Originally Posted By: BrownEyedTigre
I never thought it was short, but like Greyfuss stated, if you use the hint system it will go faster. I wracked my brain to solve some of those puzzles!

Me too.
Most lof my issues were
Click to reveal..
due to missing a hot spot, or a way of manipulating the object. That is a downside to the iPad. I find the finger swipe sometimes confuses rotational movements for button pushing, or side -to-side levers. This was especially evident when you had the oculus highlighted puzzles. Looking for hidden buttons/keys, etc. - the swinging movements and double tapping often miss the area you want to check.

Re: The House of Da Vinci - 02/13/18 03:53 PM

colpet, there were times I couldn't get it to do what it was supposed to even on the PC. It caused me to look at the hints and still not able to get it until repeated tries of doing the same thing. It was the only frustrating part!
Posted By: SCOTTY

Re: The House of Da Vinci - 03/01/18 12:43 AM

I want to apologize for my ill-informed comment about this being a "short game" A friend told me about this game & knew it was the kinda game I LOVE. Prior to my comment she asked me how far I got & where I was in the game & I told her I was in a outdoor garden like area with 2 imposing statues guarding the entrance. She said...."Oh, you're almost done" & that's what I based my comment on. I'm still playing & have been stuck several times. After reading the GB comments I ask her if she used the hints & she said not only did she use the hints but she found a video walkthrough that she followed. I am a music teacher & "almost" never use a walkthrough. I always tell my student when reading a musical piece to work it out & you'll get it. I would not be much of a role model if I used a walkthrough every time I become stuck. THIS IS NO SHORT GAME!! Let me say that again...THIS IS NO SHORT GAME!!! IT IS A WNDERFUL PUZZLE ADVENTURE!!. Quite challenging & at times can be frustrating but that's what makes a GREAT puzzle game!! Again...I apologize to GB for my hasty comment.

Re: The House of Da Vinci - 03/01/18 03:54 AM

Thanks for your clarification Scotty!

Ana wave
Posted By: Fireflower

Re: The House of Da Vinci - 03/13/18 09:21 AM

It's now available DRM-free on FireFlower and 25% off. http://fireflowergames.com/shop/the-house-of-da-vinci/
© 2024 GameBoomers Community