GB HOMEPAGE

GOG Flash Sale Items

Posted By: oldbroad

GOG Flash Sale Items - 02/14/18 02:18 AM

Can anybody see these? On my screen, they don't come up; just keeps spooling. Same thing happened on my computer at work.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: GOG Flash Sale Items - 02/14/18 02:30 AM

I think they're HTML5, not Flash.
My browser only runs Flash when I give it permission.

But yes the pictures come up fine.
Posted By: Marian

Re: GOG Flash Sale Items - 02/14/18 02:31 AM

I've been looking at it off and on all day, with no problems. wave

Re: GOG Flash Sale Items - 02/14/18 02:32 AM

Any suggestions how to get the pictures to come up? I never had this problem in the past with the flash sales.
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: GOG Flash Sale Items - 02/14/18 02:54 AM

Well, it's not Flash. It's HTML5.
Is your browser an older version?
Have you tried different web browsers?

When I load up the page, there's about a half second where the pictures have that circle going round, then they display.

If you're using a browser add-on that blocks scripting, like NoScript, you have to configure it to allow gog.com to run scripts or you'll see the circle going round instead of the pictures.

I don't know why you'd suddenly be getting the problem when you didn't have it before though -- unless your ISP is doing something it shouldn't.

Re: GOG Flash Sale Items - 02/14/18 03:03 AM

I usually use IE11. I don't use browser add-ons (that I'm aware of anyway). I don't think it's my ISP. Different ISP at work did the same thing.

I just tried Firefox and the pictures came up. I really prefer Internet Explorer though.
Posted By: Marian

Re: GOG Flash Sale Items - 02/14/18 03:23 AM

I am using Firefox.

Re: GOG Flash Sale Items - 02/14/18 03:31 AM

Yes, I guess to see the flash sales I'll have to use Firefox. Just wonder why IE doesn't work for that anymore. Maybe someday I'll get used to Firefox if I'm forced to use it.

Thanks Jenny and Marian.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community