GB HOMEPAGE

Mystery of the Druids

Posted By: oldbroad

Mystery of the Druids - 03/12/18 08:14 PM

I see GOG has this game now and it show compatible with Windows 7, 8, and 10. And, it's on sale.

I have the Steam version but haven't tried to play it yet. I believe a lot of people had trouble with it.
Posted By: Marian

Re: Mystery of the Druids - 03/12/18 08:35 PM

I saw the game show up on GOG, also knowing that a lot of Steam players seemed to have had trouble with this game. I wonder if anything has been further tweaked for the GOG version? Will wait and read GOG forum comments for those who have purchased the game - it will be interesting to read.
Posted By: venus

Re: Mystery of the Druids - 03/12/18 10:13 PM

Interesting, this is a House of Tales game I've never played. Like Marian, I'll wait a bit for some more information on how it's working on newer versions of Windows, but I'll keep an eye on it, as I'd like to try it. Thanks for the news, oldbroad. thumbsup

EDIT: Never mind, it's only 2.99. I'm going to take a chance on it now. smile

Re: Mystery of the Druids - 03/12/18 10:22 PM

Be sure and let us know how well it runs on your computer, venus. wave

Re: Mystery of the Druids - 03/12/18 10:40 PM

I will, Marian. It may not be today, but I'll let you know as soon as I get the chance to test it. I've already purchased it and have it waiting in my library. smile

Re: Mystery of the Druids - 03/12/18 10:49 PM

Sounds good - thank you! smile

Re: Mystery of the Druids - 03/13/18 04:04 AM

I also have the game on disc but have never played it either venus. I hope the GOG version works. It is cheap enough with the sale price. Same as I had paid for it. I should try my Steam version out. I've had it downloaded for quite some time now.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Mystery of the Druids - 03/13/18 12:14 PM

I re-played this game last year on my Win98SE machine - from the original release disks - because I do very much like it thumbsup

And I was one of those who bought the Steam release (for modern machines) when they offered it - but it has never worked. And Steam completely ignored those of us who asked for help thumbsdown

Anyway, I've bought this release from GOG now (as a back up for my original disks) and I'm sure their version WILL work - but even if it doesn't at least I know I will get a response should I need to contact them yes

Re: Mystery of the Druids - 03/13/18 04:49 PM

This comment by a GOG moderator is encouraging.

Re: Mystery of the Druids - 03/13/18 06:51 PM

Fabulous !!!! joy

Thank you for sharing that, Marian kissy

Re: Mystery of the Druids - 03/13/18 10:42 PM

Fantastic news, thanks, Marian! woot

Re: Mystery of the Druids - 03/14/18 02:18 AM

Yes, thanks Marian!
Posted By: gamnos

Re: Mystery of the Druids - 03/14/18 02:59 PM

Always wondered about the neg. reviews after its release. Played it 3 times.

Re: Mystery of the Druids - 03/14/18 04:22 PM

Originally Posted By: gamnos
Always wondered about the neg. reviews after its release. Played it 3 times.

Good to know. yes
Posted By: gremlin

Re: Mystery of the Druids - 03/14/18 07:41 PM

Personally, I couldn't stand the game. I wrote one of those negative reviews, and stand by it. However, I'll be the last person to criticise anybody else for liking it, because games are subjective (and especially game reviews).
Posted By: sanford

Re: Mystery of the Druids - 03/14/18 11:11 PM

Hi fellow Boomers,
I'm playing this game now, purchased on sale from GOG for $2.99, and it's running perfectly on my WIN 10 64 BIT PC. I love the story so far, but I do understand that later on it becomes "brutal", but that doesn't bother me a bit.
Sandy

Re: Mystery of the Druids - 03/14/18 11:21 PM

Thanks for letting us know, Sandy. wave

Re: Mystery of the Druids - 03/14/18 11:33 PM

Good to hear Sanford. I went ahead and bought it just in case.
Posted By: sanford

Re: Mystery of the Druids - 03/15/18 03:29 AM

Just starting to play, and it's running very well (and looks GREAT, also). ENJOY!
Sandy

Re: Mystery of the Druids - 03/15/18 04:24 AM

Great news, thanks, sanford! thumbsup

Re: Mystery of the Druids - 03/19/18 08:42 PM

Sorry for the double post. I just wanted to let anyone who was curious know that I've tested it, and it runs perfectly on my Windows 7. I have a dual boot and can test it on the Windows 10 side as well, if anyone is interested. On 7, everything runs perfectly with no crashes so far. The save system is strange, and I was concerned that it might not be storing the saves correctly at first, but it turns out I didn't have to worry. Everything saves and loads without issue.

The game itself is very different than other House of Tales games I've played. I can tell it was their first, and I don't think it's anywhere near the quality of The Moment of Silence or Overclocked. Even 15 Days had more in depth characters. However, some of the elements are interesting enough for me to see where things end up, and I will save my final verdict for the end of the game. smile

Hope everyone who got the game is enjoying it so far. thumbsup

Re: Mystery of the Druids - 03/20/18 01:17 AM

Thanks so much for your feedback on the game, venus. wave

Re: Mystery of the Druids - 03/20/18 02:28 AM

You're welcome, Marian. smile

Re: Mystery of the Druids - 03/20/18 04:09 PM

There IS quite a difference in release dates, venus. From 2001 and 2004 to 2007.

And with the speed at which technology advances, that will surely have made a difference yes
© 2024 GameBoomers Community