GB HOMEPAGE

The Raven Remastered Released Today

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

The Raven Remastered Released Today - 03/14/18 02:38 AM

View the Release Trailer here.

Quote:
Vienna/Austria, Bremen/Germany, March 13th, 2018; The Raven – Legacy of a Master Thief, the classic whodunit adventure by KING Art, has been fully remastered and will be released on PC/Mac, PlayStation®4 and across the Xbox One family of devices including Xbox One X today. The game goes by the name of The Raven Remastered and does not only feature fully remastered animations, lighting and hair in full HD resolution, but also subtitles in French, Spanish and Simplified Chinese for the first time (already available in German, Russian, Polish and Italian).

Good news for owners of the original The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief
Everyone who owns the original version of The Raven on Steam or gog.com will get the new The Raven Remastered free of charge. The game will automatically appear in the owners' libraries today.

About The Raven Remastered
London, 1964. An ancient ruby is stolen from the British Museum. At the crime scene: a raven feather. Is somebody trying to follow in the footsteps of The Raven, the legendary master thief who disappeared years before?

Constable Anton Jakob Zellner finds himself in the middle of the kind of murder mystery he so far only knew from reading his favourite crime novels. Nothing is what it seems. Everyone has something to hide. And the Raven is always one step ahead...
• A classic whodunit adventure from KING Art, the creators of the Book of Unwritten Tales-series
• Experience a thrilling crime story through the eyes of multiple characters
• Classic murder mystery locations, from a train in the Swiss alps, to a majestic cruise ship and the Cairo Museum
• High quality voice acting from a compelling cast of quirky characters
• Fully remastered animations, lighting and hair in full HD resolution

Happy Gaming!

Ana
Posted By: venus

Re: The Raven Remastered Released Today - 03/14/18 03:22 AM

Thanks for the news, Ana! The Raven Remastered did indeed appear in my GOG account! joy That's very nice that they gave us this version for free. bunny
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: The Raven Remastered Released Today - 03/14/18 03:46 AM

Yes it is venus, they didn't give it to me...:-)

Re: The Raven Remastered Released Today - 03/14/18 04:07 AM

Winfrey, do you have a GOG copy? If so, it's listed beside the original as a separate game. Not sure if it's the same for Steam, but I assume so. If you don't have a copy at all, then never mind, just ignore me. lol
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: The Raven Remastered Released Today - 03/14/18 04:24 AM

I see it in my GOG account.
Posted By: Marian

Re: The Raven Remastered Released Today - 03/14/18 04:30 AM

I picked up the original during a sale, haven't played it yet, and now I have the remastered version for free - nice! happydance
Posted By: Mad

Re: The Raven Remastered Released Today - 03/14/18 09:44 AM

Thanks for that news, BrownEyedTigre smile

I can't remember where I purchased the game - but it wasn't from GOG.
Maybe it was from Humble Bundle think

EDIT :

Nope !! Checked my games at Humble Bundle and it doesn't show there woozy

Does anyone know where the game was released from originally ?? Because I bought it as soon as it was released ....
[Just in case I can somehow get the re-mastered version for free laugh ]

Re: The Raven Remastered Released Today - 03/14/18 02:10 PM

Maybe this will help, Mad - here is the thread from when the game was released, which includes your posts as well. wave
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: The Raven Remastered Released Today - 03/14/18 05:11 PM

I bought the disc when it first came out which is what I played. It requires Steam.

Marian, this was one story I actually understood and I really liked it. You should play!

Re: The Raven Remastered Released Today - 03/14/18 10:50 PM

I will make a concerted effort to get to it this year, oldbroad. smile
Posted By: sanford

Re: The Raven Remastered Released Today - 03/14/18 11:28 PM

Thank you so much for pointing this out, Ana. I DO have the STEAM original version in my Games library, but now added is the Remastered version, which I am installing right now as I type this. YAY!
Sandy
Posted By: mbday630

Re: The Raven Remastered Released Today - 03/14/18 11:33 PM

I just saw it in my GOG account too and downloaded it. I am at that miserable wire in the lock part and I was so hoping that they would have a "give up" button or something. I am wondering if the saved game that I got before for the original Raven would work to get me past this part.
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: The Raven Remastered Released Today - 03/14/18 11:51 PM

Oh I remember that part, took me forever!! good luck
Posted By: kazzmo

Re: The Raven Remastered Released Today - 03/15/18 01:49 AM

Getting The Raven Remastered free and reading that Microids is making a game from Alfred Hitchcock's Vertigo. happydance What a great day. smile

Re: The Raven Remastered Released Today - 03/15/18 04:28 AM

Ha, I forgot about that fiasco with the JPEG image. lol That was so strange. Glad I have a working copy now. grin

Kazzmo, the Vertigo game sounds great. woot

Re: The Raven Remastered Released Today - 03/15/18 08:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Marian
Maybe this will help, Mad - here is the thread from when the game was released, which includes your posts as well. wave

Thanks, Marian smile

That must be where I purchased the game - Nordic - but I don't think they are offering a free upgrade to the re-mastered version.

[I bought a "DRM Free" version as soon as it was released but it wasn't from GOG and it definitely wasn't from Steam.]

Re: The Raven Remastered Released Today - 03/15/18 08:59 PM

I would ask Nordic about this, because they seem to be offering virtually everyone a free upgrade who has the original.

Re: The Raven Remastered Released Today - 03/15/18 09:05 PM

I asked the question by messaging "The Community" (using a form on the website) Marian, about half an hour ago.
So I'll see if I get a reply yes

Re: The Raven Remastered Released Today - 03/15/18 09:21 PM

I hope you get a reply, Mad. smile

Re: The Raven Remastered Released Today - 03/15/18 11:09 PM

Thank you. I hope so too. And a favourable one !! lol

I'll let you know yes

Re: The Raven Remastered Released Today - 03/16/18 05:16 AM

Hope you get a helpful reply, Mad! luck

Re: The Raven Remastered Released Today - 03/16/18 04:05 PM

Yep !! Me, too, venus grin

Re: The Raven Remastered Released Today - 03/22/18 07:38 PM

Not lookin' good frown

Apart from my message being acknowledged (on site) the day I sent it, I've heard nothing.

I still have the original version, though, which I can always play again - so it could be worse wink

Re: The Raven Remastered Released Today - 03/22/18 07:53 PM

Sorry to hear that, Mad. I remember something similar happened to me when I got the JPEG image instead of the game a few years ago, and I ended up just having to return the "game." I was hoping you would have better luck. sad

Maybe you could get the GOG version if it goes on sale at some point. If not, as you said, you will always have the original. smile

Re: The Raven Remastered Released Today - 03/24/18 07:33 PM

I might consider getting the GOG version - in a sale - but there's nothing actually wrong with the originl that would stop me from re-playing it yes
Posted By: lostlibrary

Re: The Raven Remastered Released Today - 03/25/18 10:01 PM

I recently purchased the original from steam, and the remastered version is showing as a separate game now. A very pleasant surprise!
Posted By: sanford

Re: The Raven Remastered Released Today - 03/31/18 06:18 AM

I too, was surprised to see the new version on my Steam Library list. Playing it now.
Sandy
Posted By: teassoc

Re: The Raven Remastered Released Today - 04/26/18 11:41 PM

Really enjoyed playing this game. Starts off a little slow with a lot of dialogue but gets better quickly.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community