GB HOMEPAGE

The 13th Doll Announcement Trailer Release!

Posted By: The13thDoll

The 13th Doll Announcement Trailer Release! - 04/02/18 09:37 PM

Hello Boomers,

So, I didn't have much I could say last month but, look what just dropped today! This is our official announcement trailer. Don't worry, there will be more to come but, this will give you a sense of how things look and feel. Let the countdown to Halloween begin!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyANA_vt5-4

Please like and share this if you want to support the project. We can use all the help we can get leading up to launch!

-CHris
Posted By: Mad

Re: The 13th Doll Announcement Trailer Release! - 04/02/18 09:44 PM

Thanks for that Fabulous trailer !! praise

I pledged for this game and looks like I won't be disappointed scared
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: The 13th Doll Announcement Trailer Release! - 04/02/18 10:50 PM

Thanks for the update and trailer.. looking forward to this game.

Re: The 13th Doll Announcement Trailer Release! - 04/02/18 11:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Mad
Thanks for that Fabulous trailer !! praise

I pledged for this game and looks like I won't be disappointed scared

We appreciate the pledge and the patience. Glad to hear it has been worth the wait. I'll be sure to pass that to the team later.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: The 13th Doll Announcement Trailer Release! - 04/03/18 12:33 AM

Awesome news!!
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: The 13th Doll Announcement Trailer Release! - 04/03/18 02:38 AM

It's looking good! I also pledged on this one.
Posted By: sanford

Re: The 13th Doll Announcement Trailer Release! - 04/03/18 04:29 AM

We really appreciate the update and new trailer, Chris. A great Halloween present for all of our Boomers.
Sandy
Posted By: connie

Re: The 13th Doll Announcement Trailer Release! - 04/03/18 12:13 PM

Can't wait, I also pledged for it.
Posted By: VRMpls2

Re: The 13th Doll Announcement Trailer Release! - 04/04/18 11:18 AM

does anyone know if this is mouse driven?

Re: The 13th Doll Announcement Trailer Release! - 04/04/18 12:20 PM

Hopefully Chris will be here to answer soon, VRM.

Re: The 13th Doll Announcement Trailer Release! - 04/04/18 01:51 PM

Originally Posted By: VRMpls2

So here is what I know off the top of my head:
The game is a "free move" environment mostly using WASD and mouse as the default.
One of the stretch goals was to have a "classic" mode which would allow for a more point and click experience.

I will check with the team to see if the center mouse/scroll wheel or a right click can also be used to move forward instead of WASD.

Originally Posted By: The13thDoll
Originally Posted By: VRMpls2

So here is what I know off the top of my head:
The game is a "free move" environment mostly using WASD and mouse as the default.
One of the stretch goals was to have a "classic" mode which would allow for a more point and click experience.

I will check with the team to see if the center mouse/scroll wheel or a right click can also be used to move forward instead of WASD.

I got a response on this. You can move forward using right-click which eliminates most of the need for keyboard. Keyboard will be necessary to exit the game and get back to the main menu.

It's been a crazy day for me today. I woke up and checked some of the stats on The 13th Doll website because I wanted to see if the trailer launch had made an impact. Obviously our numbers went up a bit, partially because of all of you! However, what I didn't expect was to see several other website referrals.

It turns out that despite us not having formally sent a press release, several gaming outlets picked up on the announcement trailer and started running with it! laugh crazy scared From there multiple other outlets including Eurogamer, several gaming sites in Spain, a site in France, and even a site in Japan picked up the story!! This is very exciting but, also meant having to jump into "social media" mode earlier than I had anticipated.

None the less, it has been an exciting day overall with more to come. It looks like the official countdown has begun!
Posted By: Reenie

Re: The 13th Doll Announcement Trailer Release! - 04/07/18 01:29 AM

Wow, that's pretty exciting. I loved both those games (7th Guest and 11th Hour).

Re: The 13th Doll Announcement Trailer Release! - 04/16/18 03:21 PM

So it's been a couple of weeks since we put out that trailer video. Since then we have been covered by at least 35 publications ranging from small to "big media" and have been running all over the place doing all sorts of stuff. Our lead developer Ryan did a demo of the game at a developers conference in Wisconsin over the weekend and that seemed to go pretty well overall.

There are some other potentially exciting things going on behind the scenes but, as nothing is confirmed, I can't share them yet. razz Sorry to tease but, that is the nature of the beast.

Re: The 13th Doll Announcement Trailer Release! - 04/23/18 02:18 PM

Another update!

Last weekend, Ryan brought a 3-room demo of our game to Midwest Gaming Classic. Of course, our website just HAD to go down at that time due to management and server changes at our web host. Ryan had to move pretty quickly to fix that and got us to a temp location while we work on a final plan.

On the plus side, I did get to do a playthrough of the mini-alpha demo build! Overall it looks and feels EXACTLY as you'd want it to. It is the Stauf Mansion, with a few graphical and movement updates. That being said, I was playing not just for fun but for hunting down bugs as well. Of course there were some, it is just a demo build after all. But, those bugs are already being squished as we speak!

Granted there will be a lot more testing to come as newer builds come out. It's all in the name of SCIENCE...er...making a good game.

-Chris

Re: The 13th Doll Announcement Trailer Release! - 04/23/18 03:46 PM

"It's all in the name of SCIENCE...er...making a good game."

lol lol lol

Re: The 13th Doll Announcement Trailer Release! - 06/12/18 12:46 AM

Another monthly update/semi-monthly update. If you are a Kickstarter backer at the early access level, we released an alpha build for Kickstarter backers!
Posted By: Marian

Re: The 13th Doll Announcement Trailer Release! - 06/12/18 01:35 AM

Thank you for the update! wave

Re: The 13th Doll Announcement Trailer Release! - 06/12/18 03:47 AM

Great news!!

Re: The 13th Doll Announcement Trailer Release! - 06/13/18 01:30 PM

Very much looking forward to this game rah

Re: The 13th Doll Announcement Trailer Release! - 10/04/18 07:35 PM

The release date has been pushed back a little.

"Release Date

We're on pace to complete the game by Halloween as intended... However, it won't give us the time we need for proper testing, and thus we're afraid it won’t have the polish that fans are expecting. It's been an incredibly difficult decision to make, but we've decided to postpone the release a few months.

We got feedback from our long-time fans, who unanimously gave a very simple piece of feedback, “We want it to be right - if it takes a few months longer, so be it”. We’re listening, and we agree. Delaying the release will allow us more time for thorough testing, feedback, and making the game a better experience all around.

We're now aiming for a release between December and February. We'll revisit where we are at the end of the month and keep you posted!"

Re: The 13th Doll Announcement Trailer Release! - 10/04/18 08:00 PM

Yes. I got the email.

It's not the only Kickstarter game I pledged for that's way behind though whistle

Re: The 13th Doll Announcement Trailer Release! - 10/04/18 08:23 PM

Same here Mad but I'm behind on the ones that have come through, so I'm not worrying about the ones that are behind.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community