GB HOMEPAGE

The Dame Was Loaded and Eric the Unready are now available on GOG

Posted By: Marian

The Dame Was Loaded and Eric the Unready are now available on GOG - 04/19/18 03:00 PM

The Dame Was Loaded can be downloaded here.

This is a full-motion-video adventure game from the 1990s that is well worth a look.

And Eric the Unready can be downloaded here. This was also originally released in the 1990s and is a very funny comedy adventure game by Bob Bates of Legend Entertainment.

Happy gaming! wave
Posted By: CaptainD

Re: The Dame Was Loaded and Eric the Unready are now available on GOG - 04/19/18 04:08 PM

Thanks Marian! Both sound really interesting.

Re: The Dame Was Loaded and Eric the Unready are now available on GOG - 04/19/18 04:24 PM

You are welcome! I am just loving seeing these oldies but goodies popping up on GOG.

Mikael, fellow GameBoomer and the designer of the Carol Reed mysteries, always ranks The Dame Was Loaded among his favorite adventure games. I am looking forward to playing it - somehow I missed this one when it was first released. smile
Posted By: Mad

Re: The Dame Was Loaded and Eric the Unready are now available on GOG - 04/19/18 04:25 PM

Wow !! Thanks for that news, Marian thumbsup

Played both of these many years ago but no longer have either.

Will have to get them as soon as I have any spare dosh .... They are just too good to miss !!

rah rah rah
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: The Dame Was Loaded and Eric the Unready are now available on GOG - 04/19/18 11:52 PM

Thanks, Marian!
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: The Dame Was Loaded and Eric the Unready are now available on GOG - 04/20/18 04:14 AM

I seem to remember Inland likes The Dame Was Loaded. I wishlisted it. I didn't see the other game you mentioned. I'll have to go back and check it out.
Posted By: Winx

Re: The Dame Was Loaded and Eric the Unready are now available on GOG - 04/20/18 04:58 AM

I still have the original CD version of The Dame Was Loaded, but for some reason never really got into the game. If I recall it was developed in Australia, in fact looking at the back cover of the jewel case I note that it says "Australia's Largest Ever Multimedia Production"

Re: The Dame Was Loaded and Eric the Unready are now available on GOG - 04/20/18 12:58 PM

Eric the Unready was a very early style game - a mixture of pictures and text.
Nothing like the graphic games of today but extremely funny laugh
Posted By: sanford

Re: The Dame Was Loaded and Eric the Unready are now available on GOG - 04/21/18 02:19 AM

I just bought "The Dame" from GOG, and playing it now. I still have the original LARGE boxed version on the shelf. Why I just won't throw it away by now beats the heck out of ME, Fellow Boomers. LOL
Sandy
Posted By: kazzmo

Re: The Dame Was Loaded and Eric the Unready are now available on GOG - 04/21/18 05:10 AM

The Dame Was Loaded. One of my favorites, have the big box and now have the GOG version. Happy day!
Posted By: Iurii

Re: The Dame Was Loaded and Eric the Unready are now available on GOG - 04/21/18 11:21 AM

sanford, kazzmo, could you please tell if there are indeed the subtitles in the GOG version?
They are indicated on the store page, but as far as I remember, there were no subtitles in the original disk version.
It would be very nice if GOG did manage to add them.

Re: The Dame Was Loaded and Eric the Unready are now available on GOG - 04/21/18 11:10 PM

Iurii,
I just checked the game and there no options or ANYTHING, it seems. My GOG version has no subtitles, but if you press "F1" during the game, there is a Help menu, describing the controls, some of which are not accurate. I had to "experiment" a little to figure out the correct controls procedure.
Sandy
Posted By: Iurii

Re: The Dame Was Loaded and Eric the Unready are now available on GOG - 04/22/18 03:10 AM

Thanks for checking, Sandy! So, that's probably a mistake and there are no subtitles...
(Or rather, by 'text' in different languages they mean not substitles but that F1 menu.)
Posted By: jimrh69

Re: The Dame Was Loaded and Eric the Unready are now available on GOG - 04/22/18 02:12 PM

When playing the game How do you exit it? I cant find a way other than Alt-Enter to exit out of full screen and quitting the game that way.

Re: The Dame Was Loaded and Eric the Unready are now available on GOG - 04/22/18 04:08 PM

Have you tried: F5, control + Q, or alt + Q? See if one of those works.

Re: The Dame Was Loaded and Eric the Unready are now available on GOG - 04/22/18 10:01 PM

I find that if you want to exit this game, you have to "travel" back to your "office". and click on the typewriter on your desk to get menu for save, load, quit, etc. hope this helps.
Sandy

Re: The Dame Was Loaded and Eric the Unready are now available on GOG - 04/22/18 10:23 PM

Thanks, Sandy. That's very helpful.
Posted By: Mikael

Re: The Dame Was Loaded and Eric the Unready are now available on GOG - 04/24/18 02:59 AM

GOG's contribution to the adventure gaming community can not be overestimated. They do not only make older, out of print, and often largely forgotten games available to everyone at a low price, but also make them playable on modern computers. I hope they will continue.

Re: The Dame Was Loaded and Eric the Unready are now available on GOG - 04/24/18 02:37 PM

I absolutely agree, Mikael !!
I've been a customer since they started up and can't say how much I appreciate what they give us praise
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: The Dame Was Loaded and Eric the Unready are now available on GOG - 04/24/18 03:04 PM

Originally Posted By: sanford
I find that if you want to exit this game, you have to "travel" back to your "office". and click on the typewriter on your desk to get menu for save, load, quit, etc. hope this helps.

That was the interface used in the CD version.
You can also try Alt-X for "fast quit."

I don't know if the GOG version includes the game manual, but it's described on page 16 of the manual.

Re: The Dame Was Loaded and Eric the Unready are now available on GOG - 04/24/18 09:08 PM

GOG does not include a manual for this game, but I WILL try alt+x, I also found that to access the inventory, hold down the left and right mouse buttons, which is different than what is in the help menu (F1). found that out by trial and error (mostly ERROR) LOL
Sandy
Posted By: Starcom

Re: The Dame Was Loaded and Eric the Unready are now available on GOG - 04/24/18 09:46 PM

Marian, thanks for the heads up on this game, good to know it will play on modern computers/laptops.
Jenny100 and Sanford, thanks for the updates on this game.
I am thinking of buying this game, one more question though, does this game play like the TEX Murphy games i.e.: You have to use Both the Keyboard and Mouse to play?

PS: to Mikael and Mad, I agree with both of you that GOG is great for bringing us older games to play on modern machines and also DRM Free.

Re: The Dame Was Loaded and Eric the Unready are now available on GOG - 04/25/18 04:22 AM

Hi again, Starcom, Always great to "see you" here on GB.
This game is entirely mouse driven except for F1 (Help menu), which is highly inaccurate for this version. To quit this game without saving you can do ALT+X, as explained by Jenny. HAPPY GAMING!
Sandy

Re: The Dame Was Loaded and Eric the Unready are now available on GOG - 04/25/18 07:36 AM

And a Hello to you too Sanford,
Thanks for the info re: Mouse driven game, not keen on the use of a Keyboard. I bought the game and tested it, seems to work well on my old laptop with Windows 10.

One thing I read about this game though, is that it is a timer game where you have only so much time to solve the case? Did you read anything about this or have you come across this timer thing?

It will be awhile before I play this game, still have one game to finish and 2 other games to play first.

Again, thanks for the info.

Ray

Re: The Dame Was Loaded and Eric the Unready are now available on GOG - 04/25/18 11:04 PM

So far, I have come across one timed event, the conversation with Louise Creel. I haven't gotten by it yet,but I DID save my game before visiting her, so each time I get "kicked out". I get closer and closer to solving it. It takes practice, and I suggest that you look at a WT to get the scoop on "beating" this part of the game. There are step by step instructions, of which I failed to follow a few times. GOOD LUCK!
Sandy

Re: The Dame Was Loaded and Eric the Unready are now available on GOG - 04/25/18 11:32 PM

Thanks for your feedback Sandy, I have downloaded 2 walkthroughs for this game, but since you are the Walkthrough KING, which walkthrough did you download?

Re: The Dame Was Loaded and Eric the Unready are now available on GOG - 04/27/18 03:17 AM

Such an honor that you have bestowed upon me, Starcom, so I decree that you shall follow the BEST WT by "The Spoiler Center", also by UHS, and also some on YOU TUBE. I hope you succeed in your venture because of my HUMBLE opinions.
Enjoy, and TALLY HO.
King Sandy

Re: The Dame Was Loaded and Eric the Unready are now available on GOG - 04/27/18 09:27 PM

Thanks for your reply King Sandy praise , but please don't let it go to your head or your Crown will no longer fit headscratch

Re: The Dame Was Loaded and Eric the Unready are now available on GOG - 04/27/18 10:05 PM

lol lol lol

Re: The Dame Was Loaded and Eric the Unready are now available on GOG - 04/29/18 04:40 AM

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !
His Majesty

Re: The Dame Was Loaded and Eric the Unready are now available on GOG - 04/29/18 07:14 AM

rotfl rotfl rotfl
© 2024 GameBoomers Community