GB HOMEPAGE

Nancy Drew games

Posted By: Reenie

Nancy Drew games - 05/17/18 12:27 AM

I haven't played one of these since the days when you bought your games in a box from the local game store. I wasn't able to finish it because it had a scene where you needed to defuse a bomb before it blew you up, and the stress of that timed scene made me quit the game. I am the more contemplative sort of gamer who loves to solve puzzles and riddles, doesn't ever play arcade or combat games, and I get chest pain under stress, anyway.

Do all Nancy Drew games have action sequences? You can't play a Demo at BF to see what they are like, so I haven't even tried one. If you have played one (or a few), can you recommend one to someone who started with traditional Adventure games and still prefers them over Casuals?
Posted By: Marian

Re: Nancy Drew games - 05/17/18 12:33 AM

Hi Reenie, I moved your post over to Adventure Game Discussions. Some Nancy Drew fans here should be able to tell you which games have timed sequences and which do not. smile
Posted By: skeeter93

Re: Nancy Drew games - 05/17/18 06:55 AM

From memory they all have a timed type sequence at the end, and some in the middle as well. Some are harder and more timed than others. I am not good with timed or action sequences at all, so it usually takes me a few goes to get through. The rest of the game is traditional adventure, so I persevere through the couple that appear.
Posted By: Reenie

Re: Nancy Drew games - 05/18/18 02:56 AM

Thanks, Skeeter. Is it possible to Skip these timed sequences? Otherwise, they are game killers for me.
Posted By: skeeter93

Re: Nancy Drew games - 05/18/18 05:32 AM

Reenie, I don't know of any way to skip them. It's a shame, because it ruins the experience for those that don't like them. I don't find the actual activity too hard, but often run out of time.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community