GB HOMEPAGE

Announcing The Clockwork Labyrinth

Posted By: Elentgirl

Announcing The Clockwork Labyrinth - 06/29/18 04:58 PM

It's a few yeas since I launched my last game, Adventure Island. That took me five years to complete, and I was unsure whether I would make another game, but just over two years ago I had an idea for a new first person, point-and-click puzzle adventure. Ever since discovering first person adventures (Myst and Riven were the first true adventure games that I played) I've wanted to make one myself.

The Clockwork Labyrinth is a free puzzle adventure. The idea for the game came from a television documentary about clockwork automata, and from this starting point I developed a surreal mix of Steampunk, Gothic, ancient civilisations and fairground kitch. The game's focus is on its puzzles, which I hope offer a broad range of challenges, from simple fun games to more complex, interconnected puzzles.

A mysterious message on social media lures you into a weird underground complex to rescue a damsel in distress. You must pit your wits against the labyrinth and find your way to the enigma at its heart?

The Clockwork Labyrinth can now be downloaded from the Adventure Game Studio database here, and I've posted a few screenshots below. I've also put together a short video trailer which can be viewed here.

The Metal Maze, in which every turn takes you to another puzzle.
http://i1033.photobucket.com/albums/a420/elentgirl/clockwork%201_zpsfcz7zui1.jpg

The Caves of Confusion, where an ancient mechanism thwarts your progress.
http://i1033.photobucket.com/albums/a420/elentgirl/clockwork%202_zpskpyyci43.jpg

The Cryptic Crypt, a catacomb of Gothic mysteries.
http://i1033.photobucket.com/albums/a420/elentgirl/clockwork%203_zpsnqywhm79.jpg

The Museum of Curiosities, a celebration of eccentricity and the bizarre.
http://i1033.photobucket.com/albums/a420/elentgirl/clockwork%204_zpskqaanmnh.jpg
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Announcing The Clockwork Labyrinth - 06/29/18 05:28 PM

I'm glad to see a 1st person game made with AGS.
I was wondering why the downloaded file is called Clockwork Labyrint 16bit v1.zip
Does it use 16-bit color or does the "16bit" refer to 16-bit code?

Re: Announcing The Clockwork Labyrinth - 06/29/18 05:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Jenny100

I was wondering why the downloaded file is called Clockwork Labyrint 16bit v1.zip
Does it use 16-bit color or does the "16bit" refer to 16-bit code?

The standard for AGS games is 16-bit colour (currently, at least). It is possible to use 32-bit colour, and I have compiled both versions as a few of the testers had difficulty with the 16-bit graphics on their newer graphics cards. The 32-bit version can be downloaded from my personal website (www.elenheart.me.uk), but I've posted the standard 16-bit version to the AGS database (with a note about the 32-bit version in the included manual). Using this version makes for better backward compatibility.
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Announcing The Clockwork Labyrinth - 06/29/18 05:58 PM

It looks good. Thank you.
Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Re: Announcing The Clockwork Labyrinth - 06/29/18 08:03 PM

THanks for the news Elentgirl!

Ana wave
Posted By: Jenny100

Re: Announcing The Clockwork Labyrinth - 06/29/18 08:38 PM

Thank you for the information, Elentgirl.
Posted By: stevefox

Re: Announcing The Clockwork Labyrinth - 06/29/18 08:58 PM

Thank you, Elentgirl, for the interesting game. I got to the fusebox puzzle and I am stuck.
Wondering if there will be any hints in the future. I spent an hour on this puzzle already!

Re: Announcing The Clockwork Labyrinth - 06/29/18 09:18 PM

Please post hints in the Hints forum. thanks

Re: Announcing The Clockwork Labyrinth - 06/29/18 10:27 PM

Originally Posted By: stevefox
Thank you, Elentgirl, for the interesting game. I got to the fusebox puzzle and I am stuck.
Wondering if there will be any hints in the future. I spent an hour on this puzzle already!

I have responded to your query in the Hints & Help forum.

Good luck,
Elen

Re: Announcing The Clockwork Labyrinth - 06/30/18 12:28 AM

Thank you Elen!

Re: Announcing The Clockwork Labyrinth - 07/03/18 09:17 PM

I have just noticed that The Clockwork Labyrinth has been added to the Free Games Galore page. Many thanks, GameBoomers! smile
Posted By: Chief

Re: Announcing The Clockwork Labyrinth - 07/03/18 09:34 PM

Elen, have a good success with your game. thumbsup

And if you have a guide to add to the game, it will be a pleasure to do so.

Chief wave

Re: Announcing The Clockwork Labyrinth - 07/04/18 01:26 AM

YOu are very welcome!

Ana wave
© 2024 GameBoomers Community