GB HOMEPAGE

"Arkhangel: The House of the Seven Stars" Release Date Announced!

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

"Arkhangel: The House of the Seven Stars" Release Date Announced! - 07/21/18 12:23 AM

A NOTE FROM THE DEVELOPER:
While there isn't overt gore or on-screen violence in Arkhangel, there is subject matter and imagery that some might find disturbing. This is a mature game experience.

View the videos here and here.

Check out the game on Steam here.

Quote:
July 19th, 2018 – Seattle, WA

Winter Night Games, LLC has announced that its first game, Arkhangel: The House of the Seven Stars, will be released on Steam for Windows and Mac platforms on Friday, July 27th, 2018.

Michael, Lily, and Gabrielle have recently moved to the frigid town of Haven under tragic circumstances. As they begin to rebuild their lives in this new home and meet the townsfolk of Haven, they quickly discover that not everything is what it appears to be. Michael struggles with dreams of dark waters and an unknown ancient evil resting beneath the cold waves. Are these simply dreams or are they a premonition of things to come?

Inspired by the classic point & click adventure games of yesteryear, Arkhangel: The House of the Seven Stars is a story told through the eyes of a family that has recently moved to an isolated town in the frozen wilderness. Explore, unearth dark mysteries, solve puzzles, engross yourself with deep lore, and interact with a large cast of characters in this rich and layered narrative beautifully underscored by a thematic and emotional musical soundtrack by composer and conductor Chad Seiter (ReCore, Super Lucky's Tale, Star Trek, FRINGE, Lego Jurassic World, The Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses).

3D point & click adventure game created with Unity3D
Deep narrative with abundant lore to discover and absorb
Gorgeous environments in a moody and atmospheric world to explore
Large cast of characters to interact with
Cinematic musical score by Chad Seiter (ReCore, The Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses, Super Lucky's Tale)
Direct tie-in to the tabletop game, The Great Nameless
Windows & Mac OSX

Availability and system requirements:
PC - Windows 10 (Windows 7 SP1+ compatible but unsupported); i3 Core @ 2.9 GHz; 4 GB RAM; Graphics card with DX10 (shader model 4.0) capabilities; 5.2 GB available space.
Mac – macOS Sierra; 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7; 8 GB RAM; 5 GB available space.

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave
Posted By: Marian

Re: "Arkhangel: The House of the Seven Stars" Release Date Announced! - 07/21/18 12:38 AM

Thank you for the news, Ana. smile
Posted By: venus

Re: "Arkhangel: The House of the Seven Stars" Release Date Announced! - 07/21/18 03:46 AM

Looks great! Thanks, Ana! woot
Posted By: Mad

Re: "Arkhangel: The House of the Seven Stars" Release Date Announced! - 07/21/18 04:54 PM

Wow !! This looks REALLY good thumbsup

Any chance of a Non-Steam release at some time ?? I would surely like to play it yes
Posted By: CountZero

Re: "Arkhangel: The House of the Seven Stars" Release Date Announced! - 07/21/18 07:32 PM

I love the looks of this game. Thank you smile

Re: "Arkhangel: The House of the Seven Stars" Release Date Announced! - 07/21/18 07:37 PM

I also like the music that I heard.
Posted By: Zack

Re: "Arkhangel: The House of the Seven Stars" Release Date Announced! - 07/28/18 07:05 PM

Hey all!

Just wanted to let you know that Arkhangel is available now on Steam!

I recommend picking up the bundle because it comes with the beautiful soundtrack by composer Chad Seiter. If you get the bundle you get both the game and the soundtrack at a 15% discount: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/7391/Arkhangel_The_House_of_the_Seven_Stars__Game__Soundtrack/

Originally Posted By: Mad
Wow !! This looks REALLY good thumbsup

Any chance of a Non-Steam release at some time ?? I would surely like to play it yes

Thank you!! We will more than likely release on GOG in the near future. It's basically been all about completing development and getting it out into the wild before looking into additional marketplaces. Keep an eye on our social media feeds or subscribe to our newsletter to stay in the loop on that (although, I will also try to post in various forums when that happens).

If anyone is interested in our social media stuff, here you go!

Website - https://winternightgames.com/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/winternightgames/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/WinterNightGame
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/winternightgames/

Thanks a bunch!
-zq

Re: "Arkhangel: The House of the Seven Stars" Release Date Announced! - 07/28/18 07:53 PM

Congratulations on the game release! wave
Posted By: linda333

Re: "Arkhangel: The House of the Seven Stars" Release Date Announced! - 07/28/18 09:52 PM

It looks like my kind of game but I still am using Windows 7 extended home edition. It says on their site windows 10. Might need to upgrade in the fall...Not sure what it means when saying windows 7 unsupported...I am not that knowledgeable when it comes to all the computer language. I looked to see it there was a demo for this game but couldn't find one. Often I will download the demo to try the game before buying.

Re: "Arkhangel: The House of the Seven Stars" Release Date Announced! - 07/28/18 09:56 PM

Originally Posted By: linda333
It looks like my kind of game but I still am using Windows 7 extended home edition. It says on their site windows 10. Might need to upgrade in the fall...

The system requirements say this:

Quote:
OS: Windows 10 (Windows 7 SP1+ compatible but unsupported)

Re: "Arkhangel: The House of the Seven Stars" Release Date Announced! - 07/29/18 02:06 AM

Originally Posted By: Marian
Congratulations on the game release! wave

Thanks, Marian! It feels surreal!

Originally Posted By: linda333
It looks like my kind of game but I still am using Windows 7 extended home edition. It says on their site windows 10. Might need to upgrade in the fall...Not sure what it means when saying windows 7 unsupported...I am not that knowledgeable when it comes to all the computer language. I looked to see it there was a demo for this game but couldn't find one. Often I will download the demo to try the game before buying.

So, I've been seeing some reports online about a handful of issues in Windows 7 with Arkhangel. Since we are a tiny studio, we can't dive into a huge myriad of different home configurations and OS versions out there, so I would say while previous versions of Windows might technically run, it's not supported by us at this time...so play Arkhangel on versions of Windows prior to 10 at your own risk! smile
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: "Arkhangel: The House of the Seven Stars" Release Date Announced! - 07/29/18 02:16 AM

The game is on my wish list but it will probably wait until I have Windows 10 then.
Thanks and Congrats Zack!

Re: "Arkhangel: The House of the Seven Stars" Release Date Announced! - 07/29/18 04:36 PM

Originally Posted By: oldbroad
The game is on my wish list but it will probably wait until I have Windows 10 then.
Thanks and Congrats Zack!

Thank you so much! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

smile

Re: "Arkhangel: The House of the Seven Stars" Release Date Announced! - 08/17/18 10:54 PM

Hey all -

Just a heads up that Arkhangel is now available at itch.io!

https://winternightgames.itch.io/arkhangel-the-house-of-the-seven-stars

Have a good one!
-z

Re: "Arkhangel: The House of the Seven Stars" Release Date Announced! - 08/17/18 10:56 PM

Thanks for letting us know, Zack. wave

Re: "Arkhangel: The House of the Seven Stars" Release Date Announced! - 08/18/18 12:33 AM

Likewise, if you'd like to listen to the soundtrack on Spotify, take a listen here (although I do recommend buying it since it's higher quality on Steam/iTunes/Amazon, etc...plus it gives our composer Chad Seiter a little more cash):

https://open.spotify.com/album/1rRE3M47RpwlhcKuzY6McQ?si=iiZkGO2eR96jcFCcRcoKgg

Enjoy!
-z

Re: "Arkhangel: The House of the Seven Stars" Release Date Announced! - 09/09/18 05:13 PM

Just a heads up that we’ve been tweaking player control settings, adding game controller support, and an option to let the player run. An update will be coming in a couple of weeks.
Posted By: sanford

Re: "Arkhangel: The House of the Seven Stars" Release Date Announced! - 09/14/18 05:13 AM

Hi Zack,
Thanks for your updates. I went to Steam for a look, and really liked what I saw. It has now been released, but I will need a good text walkthrough before making my purchase. At my age (87). I'll need all the help I can get LOL. Lots of luck on your new venture.
Sandy

P.S. Just signed up for your Newsletter

Re: "Arkhangel: The House of the Seven Stars" Release Date Announced! - 10/06/18 07:41 PM

Here's the default controller layout for the upcoming patch for "Arkhangel: The House of the Seven Stars". You'll be able to modify it to your liking. The game controller is quickly becoming our preferred way of playing the game!

https://static1.squarespace.com/sta...394c24/1542043635430/Xbox_Controller.jpg
We're getting closer and closer to wrapping this patch up. It's been a big one! laugh

Re: "Arkhangel: The House of the Seven Stars" Release Date Announced! - 10/12/18 07:30 PM

I watched a video playthrough of this game, and I am not thrilled about the absence of voices as opposed to just text. but I'm still considering it as long as I can find a good text walkthrough.
Sandy

Re: "Arkhangel: The House of the Seven Stars" Release Date Announced! - 11/12/18 09:07 PM

Check out screen here.

Hey all!

We are very excited to announce that the long-overdue update for Arkhangel is now available with a limited time special promotion sale at 33% off list price!

So, what all is included with this update? Let's get to it, shall we?

---

UPDATES:
+ Added full game controller support. This was a full replacement of the Unity Input System! Yowza!
+ Significant overhaul to Player navigation settings and speed.
+ Added a "Run" option to allow the player to explore at a faster rate.
+ Restructured menus to allow for easier controller navigation.
+ Inventory has been significantly overhauled. It is now opened/closed by an input key rather than a mouse over. Interaction methodology and presentation has also changed. This has had cascading effects on multiple other systems that required adjustments.
+ Visual Quality settings, Screen Resolution settings, and Controller Customization are now all handled with in-game menu interactions.
+ Updated multiple camera transitions in the game to be fades rather than movement based.
+ Updated camera positions and control perspective in the Library and Saloon.
+ A ton of small tweaks and adjustments!

KNOWN ISSUES:
+ Use previous saved games at your own risk! With the sheer amount of changes to the underlying systems of Arkhangel, we cannot 100% guarantee that loading into old save games before this update will be completely reliable. By all means, give it a shot, but know that there very well could be significant issues with player animation, controls, and menus.
+ We recommend using D-PAD when navigating through menus with a game controller.

---

This update took significantly longer than we expected. Being the only Unity developer on our team, I (Zack) vastly underestimated the number of hurdles and cascading effects that such an update was going to introduce. That being said, we've had a lot of great feedback on this update. Friend of Winter Night Games and game industry veteran, James Goddard gave us some incredibly valuable advice regarding player speed, animation settings, and controller feel. When the guy that worked on Street Fighter II gives pointers, you LISTEN!

Thanks James! :-D

As always, continue to give us feedback. Your thoughts and insights have been incredibly valuable and are the main reason why we pushed so hard on this update. We knew that the controls needed some love and your guidance made us really want to focus on it with a microscope! Y'all help us grow!

Okay, with that being said, the update is now live! If you've already played the game, we'd love for you to check out the new control scheme and some of the other bells and whistles. If you've been waiting for this update to take the plunge, the limited time sale at 33% off is a great way to dive in! :-)

Steam store link: https://store.steampowered.com/app/868580/Arkhangel_The_House_of_the_Seven_Stars/

itch.io store link:
https://winternightgames.itch.io/arkhangel-the-house-of-the-seven-stars

Re: "Arkhangel: The House of the Seven Stars" Release Date Announced! - 11/12/18 11:51 PM

I thought this was a point & click game. Can you still play it with a mouse? Is it mouse & keyboard? I saw the sale because this is on my Steam wishlist but I don't have Windows 10 so won't be purchasing the game until I do, but I'm starting to think I will not like the controls.

Re: "Arkhangel: The House of the Seven Stars" Release Date Announced! - 11/13/18 12:01 AM

It's mouse and keyboard by default but you use keyboard keys to navigate (WASD or arrow). You can also use a game controller.

Re: "Arkhangel: The House of the Seven Stars" Release Date Announced! - 11/13/18 12:06 AM

Thanks Zack!

Re: "Arkhangel: The House of the Seven Stars" Release Date Announced! - 11/13/18 12:14 AM

You betcha!!
Posted By: jimrh69

Re: "Arkhangel: The House of the Seven Stars" Release Date Announced! - 11/13/18 01:59 AM

oldbroad I've played this game on Windows 7 with no problems.

Re: "Arkhangel: The House of the Seven Stars" Release Date Announced! - 11/13/18 02:46 AM

Oh, good to know jimrh69. I read that some people have a problem with it in Windows 7 and I know the recommended OS is Windows 10.

Re: "Arkhangel: The House of the Seven Stars" Release Date Announced! - 12/21/18 07:32 PM

Just wanted to let you all know that we put Arkhangel up for sale for 50% off on Steam and itch.io
Ho, ho, ho!

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5..._WinterSale.jpg

Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/868580/Arkhangel_The_House_of_the_Seven_Stars/

itch.io: https://winternightgames.itch.io/arkhangel-the-house-of-the-seven-stars

Re: "Arkhangel: The House of the Seven Stars" Release Date Announced! - 12/21/18 08:37 PM

So is the "itch.io" release DRM Free, Zach ??

Re: "Arkhangel: The House of the Seven Stars" Release Date Announced! - 12/21/18 08:43 PM

Yep!

Re: "Arkhangel: The House of the Seven Stars" Release Date Announced! - 12/21/18 08:54 PM

Wow !! Thank you SO much for that info !! broccoli broccoli broccoli

Re: "Arkhangel: The House of the Seven Stars" Release Date Announced! - 12/21/18 09:13 PM

I did end up buying the game at the last Steam sale but not sure yet when I'll play. May still wait until I have Windows 10.

Re: "Arkhangel: The House of the Seven Stars" Release Date Announced! - 12/22/18 12:36 AM

Originally Posted By: Zack
Yep!

OK. Purchased !!!! happydance12

Do I only need "Version 4" to play the game ??

Re: "Arkhangel: The House of the Seven Stars" Release Date Announced! - 12/22/18 02:12 AM

Thanks for the news, Zack!

Re: "Arkhangel: The House of the Seven Stars" Release Date Announced! - 12/22/18 02:20 AM

Mad - I don't know but it looks like Version 4 for is for Mac and Version 3 is for Windows.

Re: "Arkhangel: The House of the Seven Stars" Release Date Announced! - 12/22/18 06:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Zack
Yep!

OK. Purchased !!!! happydance12

Do I only need "Version 4" to play the game ??

Thanks!

Yeah, itch.io tracks the "versions" in a peculiar way. The latest for each is what is relevant. They are identical with the exception of the "version 4" for Mac fixed an OSX specific bug.

Re: "Arkhangel: The House of the Seven Stars" Release Date Announced! - 12/24/18 01:55 AM

Thank you, oldbroad and Zach thumbsup

However, due to my absolutely none existent "observance" I think I've gone and paid for both versions of the game !! shocked

So I've contacted itch.io Customer Support yes

Re: "Arkhangel: The House of the Seven Stars" Release Date Announced! - 12/25/18 03:29 PM

Very happy to say that itch.io refunded me for my very foolish "extra" purchase bravo

Re: "Arkhangel: The House of the Seven Stars" Release Date Announced! - 12/25/18 03:50 PM

Very happy to say that itch.io refunded me for my very foolish "extra" purchase bravo

Very good! christmas santadance

Re: "Arkhangel: The House of the Seven Stars" Release Date Announced! - 12/25/18 06:25 PM

Glad you got it sorted out Mad. santadance

Re: "Arkhangel: The House of the Seven Stars" Release Date Announced! - 12/25/18 09:58 PM

That is great news, Mad!

Ana wave

Re: "Arkhangel: The House of the Seven Stars" Release Date Announced! - 12/27/18 01:40 AM

Certainly is !! happydance12 happydance12

Re: "Arkhangel: The House of the Seven Stars" Release Date Announced! - 12/28/18 10:52 AM

After that very humbling "download" humiliation, I decided to install the game and have a look-see smile
And it certainly does look interesting.

I'm still only in the very early stages, of course, but I have already bumped into absolutely everything it's possible to bump into ....
My navigation skills are THAT good rotfl

So I'm going to need plenty of practice in getting around and about because should the need arise for me to speedily evade evil clutches of any kind in the near future I would definitely and drastically fail to do so !! eek

Re: "Arkhangel: The House of the Seven Stars" Release Date Announced! - 01/01/19 04:05 PM

Doing a bit better now with the navigating - and am enjoying finding out more of the game "story" - and very pleased to say that so far I've been able to save wherever and whenever I liked !! yay

Re: "Arkhangel: The House of the Seven Stars" Release Date Announced! - 01/01/19 08:15 PM

Good to hear Mad.

Re: "Arkhangel: The House of the Seven Stars" Release Date Announced! - 01/02/19 08:40 PM

Hooray! Glad you're enjoying it, Mad! smile

happydance

Re: "Arkhangel: The House of the Seven Stars" Release Date Announced! - 01/04/19 12:00 AM

Hi Zack,
I'm still waiting for a good text WT before purchasing this game. The only one available is a Youtube video.
Sandy

Re: "Arkhangel: The House of the Seven Stars" Release Date Announced! - 01/18/19 08:56 PM

For me, the value of this game lies in the storytelling.
It keeps drawing me back in - to find out what will happen next thumbsup

Moving characters around from one location to another is frustrating, however, and definitely needs improvement rolleyes

But I AM very much enjoying myself, none the less laugh
© 2024 GameBoomers Community