GB HOMEPAGE

The Death Of Erin Myers Now Available

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

The Death Of Erin Myers Now Available - 04/26/19 01:58 PM

The Death of Erin Myers is available now from Steam, and DRM-free from Itch.io, for $1.99, with a 10% launch discount.

You can purchase here on Steam or DRM-Free on Itch.io

Check out the official website here.

View the trailer here.

Skipton, North Yorkshire, UK (26th April 2019) - UK based games developer Viperante has today released the first entry in their Short Story Series of point-and-click adventure games.

The Death of Erin Myers is a dark and gritty 1st person pre-rendered mystery game that casts players in the role of Erin Myers, a cop who is now dead. But how did she die? And why did she die? These are the questions that will be answered as players step back in time and puzzle their way through 9 prominent moments from her life. Moments that will reveal who Erin Myers was and what happened to her. In the end, she can't be saved. But maybe, just maybe, she can be understood.

"I can't give too much away without spoiling the mystery," begins developer Daniel Lee Peach, "but what I wanted to do with Erin Myers was tell a story that was primarily about character. What might have happened to someone in the past that would put them in a particular situation now? What is driving them to do the things they're doing? And how do they feel about it all? And if we don't have to worry about where we're going to end up, because we already know, then we can concentrate on the specifics of how we're getting there, which in some cases, might be a lot more interesting."

The Short Story Series is an anthology of 5 standalone games, each lasting 1 to 2 hours, and each telling a different self-contained story. They will all include standard point-and-click adventure game elements such as exploration, interacting with other characters, and picking up and using objects to solve environment puzzles. And even though each game will be unrelated, they will all share a certain dark and macabre subject matter, ranging in genre from mystery to horror to science fiction.

Happy Gaming!
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: The Death Of Erin Myers Now Available - 04/26/19 03:53 PM

Thanks Ana!

I really do like this type of stuff: "What might have happened to someone in the past that would put them in a particular situation now? What is driving them to do the things they're doing? " So, even though I do like a nice long game, I know I will be buying these games from Dan Peach.
Posted By: Marian

Re: The Death Of Erin Myers Now Available - 04/26/19 04:30 PM

Thank you for this news, Ana. wave
Posted By: Dan Peach

Re: The Death Of Erin Myers Now Available - 04/26/19 04:40 PM

Yay! Thanks, Ana. crazy
Posted By: GreyFuss

Re: The Death Of Erin Myers Now Available - 04/26/19 05:40 PM

This is a Dan Patch Peach Viperante Game???....I am in joy
Posted By: connie

Re: The Death Of Erin Myers Now Available - 04/26/19 07:51 PM

Thanks Ana. Bought it.
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: The Death Of Erin Myers Now Available - 04/26/19 09:29 PM

Oh Peachy (pun intended :-) ) Thanks Ana and Dan.... just went and bought it....
Posted By: TLC

Re: The Death Of Erin Myers Now Available - 04/28/19 05:58 PM

Just bought it. wavegirl
Posted By: Marian

Re: The Death Of Erin Myers Now Available - 04/28/19 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Winfrey
Oh Peachy (pun intended :-) ) Thanks Ana and Dan.... just went and bought it....

Very cute, Winfrey! grin
Posted By: Mad

Re: The Death Of Erin Myers Now Available - 04/29/19 06:24 AM

Yippee !! Just bought it !!

So .... One down .... Four to go .... dance dance

[Thanks, BrownEyedTigre :)]

Re: The Death Of Erin Myers Now Available - 05/01/19 03:04 AM

Yay! Thanks for the support, everyone. I appreciate it. thumbsup bravo Now I better go and make the second one. sherlock
Posted By: Mad

Re: The Death Of Erin Myers Now Available - 05/01/19 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by Dan Peach
Now I better go and make the second one. sherlock

Absolutely !!!! rotfl And thank you in advance praise
Posted By: TLC

Re: The Death Of Erin Myers Now Available - 05/06/19 06:29 PM

Yay, the text in the game was updated, thanks Dan. joy Now I can replay and follow the story line. wavegirl

Re: The Death Of Erin Myers Now Available - 05/06/19 11:45 PM

Yay! bravo
Posted By: Space Quest Fan

Re: The Death Of Erin Myers Now Available - 05/08/19 08:28 PM

Looks good. Thanks Ana.
Posted By: albadross

Re: The Death Of Erin Myers Now Available - 05/19/19 11:30 AM

What a great evening’s entertainment! I downloaded the game at the start of the Eurovision Song Contest and got to the Park just before the end of voting. I had switched the TV off but, as usual, there were a couple of puzzles I got stuck on. The artwork style and the mood music of Erin Myers are very reminiscent of Corrosion – Cold Winter Waiting – and all the better for it.

Actually, I am a great fan of the Wintermute engine and it is so nice to see two of its best exponents, Dan and Mikael, on the same thread.

Although Dan’s games and the Carol Reed series (4 to 14) are sold as Windows software, I run them on my Linux machine using Wine. Furthermore, I use ScummVM’s (not officially supported) WME engine – this gives me pretty thumbnail screenshots with all my save games.

Re: The Death Of Erin Myers Now Available - 01/18/21 12:49 AM

Any news on the second game in the series?
Posted By: Winfrey

Re: The Death Of Erin Myers Now Available - 01/18/21 01:13 AM

Old broad, I was wondering that also.

Re: The Death Of Erin Myers Now Available - 01/18/21 01:57 AM

Nothing started yet, I'm afraid. Dan will be thrilled you asked though! I'll let him know!

Re: The Death Of Erin Myers Now Available - 01/18/21 02:04 AM

I'll probably be rebranding the whole "short story" thing at some point. Whatever games I make from now on will be short anyway, and mostly dark/horror themed, so it seems pointless to have a "series" of 5. smile

Also, if you liked any of my games, and didn't do so already, please consider a positive review on Steam. They really help offset the negatives. laugh

Re: The Death Of Erin Myers Now Available - 01/18/21 02:41 AM

Thanks Ana and Dan for the quick, albeit disappointing, response! smile

Re: The Death Of Erin Myers Now Available - 01/18/21 03:12 AM

Not disapointing. laugh I'll be making the same games as I was going to make. I'm just dropping the "short story series" thing because it's just redundant. smile

Re: The Death Of Erin Myers Now Available - 01/18/21 03:33 AM

I look forward to anything you put out there, Dan!

Re: The Death Of Erin Myers Now Available - 01/18/21 03:36 AM

What I meant was, no actual news of a game though?
© 2024 GameBoomers Community