GB HOMEPAGE

Announcing Beltane: a strange encounter at Duloe 'Stone Circle'

Posted By: BrownEyedTigre

Announcing Beltane: a strange encounter at Duloe 'Stone Circle' - 05/20/22 08:53 PM

BUY NOW from the makers 'Shadow Tor Studios', direct and secure download.

Enjoy an afternoon at the Stone Circle, a favourite haunt of the creators. The game is a short mystery, with full exploration and interactions, devices to play with and a cat to pet. The game also comes with its own unique soundtrack as a bonus. Enjoy!

Check out the Trailer here.

Check out the game and purchase from the official website here.

Strange and mysterious sightings have been reported at the ancient stone circle at Duloe, Cornwall, in the far South West of Great Britain. The area is steeped in folklore and legend, with human activity dating back millennia, the time of stone age tools and celestial worship. Many believe that stone circles are placed to align with planets, the moon and the movements of the sun. Others believe there is some otherworldly quality, an unknowable power from beneath the soil or perhaps, given recent evidence, from above?

Explore the ancient stone circle, while unearthing clues to the nature of the 'mysterious lights'.
Examine ancient monoliths in full 3D detail, to unlock their secrets.
Full 360 exploration, 4K graphical location detail.
Survey the location using a compass and camcorder, to find that which is hidden.

Learn about the real location, through immersive learning.
Impressive visual effects and augmented scenery, 3d foliage.
A full audio experience, with sound captured at the site.
A short 'point and click' adventure.

Creation: Beltane was produced by three people, over 50 hours, as part of an educational course in virtual tours and digital presentation, with all images, effects, sound and music created especially for the project.

The main shoot at the Duloe Stone Circle, was carried out on May 4th, not long after 'Beltane' a pagan festival that gives the game its name. Field recordings were made of local sounds and ambiance, while full 360 captures were made of the meadow and ancient monument. One stone, the tallest, was captured in full 3D using photogrammetry, a technique used in advanced digital archaeology.

Matt Clark has long had an obsession with the stone circle, ever since visiting as a boy. Since then, Matt has made hundreds of trips to the stones, not too far from Shadow Tor Studios base, on the coast in Looe. "This short course was a great opportunity to produce a short adventure game, set somewhere I love, but go places we've not been before. The best way to capture the essence of the place is to feature the actual location, and augment the 360 views with birds, bugs, weather effects and there's even a friendly cat in this game. He's based on Rusty, the old ginger cat that used to follow me to the stones on visits, many moons ago".

Full Soundtrack comes with the game, an experimental delve into the Cornish Countryside as a heavy atmosphere and thunderous conditions threaten to disturb the rural idyll.

01 - Rural Activity
02 - The Atmosphere
03 - Bad Reception
04 - Inside The Circle
05 - The Compass
06 - Akernite Events
07 - Camcorder
08 - The Message
09 - The Beacon
10 - Abduction
11 - Space
12 - Transmission

Happy Gaming!
Posted By: oldbroad

Re: Announcing Beltane: a strange encounter at Duloe 'Stone Circle' - 05/20/22 09:06 PM

Thanks Ana.
Posted By: Mad

Re: Announcing Beltane: a strange encounter at Duloe 'Stone Circle' - 05/20/22 09:12 PM

Thank you, BrownEyedTigre smile

I was waiting for your more detailed post after I saw the one below laugh

Re: Announcing Beltane: a strange encounter at Duloe 'Stone Circle' - 05/20/22 09:17 PM

I knew it was coming, but I was working when it went live! I appreciate that, Mad!
Posted By: Marian

Re: Announcing Beltane: a strange encounter at Duloe 'Stone Circle' - 05/20/22 09:29 PM

This is a most welcome surprise! happydance

Thank you for the information about the game, Ana! wave
Posted By: Mad

Re: Announcing Beltane: a strange encounter at Duloe 'Stone Circle' - 05/20/22 09:53 PM

Well. All that excitement and so far I can't even install it.
Not allowed to extract the "risky" files.
So now over at the Glitches Board rolleyes
Posted By: robedits

Re: Announcing Beltane: a strange encounter at Duloe 'Stone Circle' - 05/21/22 01:41 PM

I hope they put this on Steam so we Steam users/adventure gamers can purchase it!
Posted By: Draclvr

Re: Announcing Beltane: a strange encounter at Duloe 'Stone Circle' - 05/21/22 02:41 PM

I downloaded and installed last night. HOPEFULLY, I get a chance to play it today!

Re: Announcing Beltane: a strange encounter at Duloe 'Stone Circle' - 05/21/22 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by robedits
I hope they put this on Steam so we Steam users/adventure gamers can purchase it!

Matt tweeted this on Twitter a few hours ago:

Beltane also comes with a full walkthrough & Soundtrack. Purchasing from Shadow Tor ensures developers themselves profit from their work. Safe & secure download. No plans to publish Beltane to online stores at present.
Posted By: jimrh69

Re: Announcing Beltane: a strange encounter at Duloe 'Stone Circle' - 05/21/22 04:52 PM

Jonathan posted this morning that currently they have no plans to use Steam Or GOG to distribute the game at this time just there own store .

Re: Announcing Beltane: a strange encounter at Duloe 'Stone Circle' - 05/21/22 06:15 PM

Too bad. Thanks for letting us know, though!
==Edited: I've loved Shadow Tor games before, so I bit the bullet and am buying it straight from them to support the work!

Re: Announcing Beltane: a strange encounter at Duloe 'Stone Circle' - 05/21/22 06:36 PM

Quick and easy download. I've always loved ST's/Jonathan's games...played all of them over the years. Talk about hyper-photo-realistic environment! This game is stunning-looking. Makes me want to purchase a 4K monitor! And as always, the story is ALREADY interesting. Glad I decided to, for once, forgo Steam or GOG for a game.

Re: Announcing Beltane: a strange encounter at Duloe 'Stone Circle' - 05/21/22 06:38 PM

That sounds great, robedits! Enjoy the game. yes wave
Posted By: connie

Re: Announcing Beltane: a strange encounter at Duloe 'Stone Circle' - 05/21/22 06:48 PM

Thanks Ana, will be getting this one. Bought it.
Posted By: revco

Re: Announcing Beltane: a strange encounter at Duloe 'Stone Circle' - 05/21/22 09:05 PM

Loving this new game just released...
Posted By: revco

Re: Announcing Beltane: a strange encounter at Duloe 'Stone Circle' - 05/21/22 09:08 PM

Awesome he released it so quick!
Posted By: Mikael

Re: Announcing Beltane: a strange encounter at Duloe 'Stone Circle' - 05/22/22 02:29 AM

Thank you Ana. The graphics are gorgeous. This, for example, looks like a photo.
Posted By: Jarkeld

Re: Announcing Beltane: a strange encounter at Duloe 'Stone Circle' - 05/22/22 07:58 AM

That image is how I remember the entrance to the field.
Posted By: mattclark

Re: Announcing Beltane: a strange encounter at Duloe 'Stone Circle' - 05/22/22 12:30 PM

Hello fellow boomers,

Thank you to those playing Beltane and for spreading word of this short adventure story.

It’s my plan to tell many more short adventures stories in a similar way, and maybe then bundle a collection to Steam later. Let me know if you like the idea smile

Why not list on Steam already? – The more recent 30 day refund policy for Steam, plus the overheads of the shop sales cut, plus cost of listing it, are killing indie game releases, when players can refund a finished game a month after completing it.

For anybody getting ‘risky" files reports, it’s triggered by security settings / programs as the game is new and also with it being downloaded. It’s safe, honest.

Rusty the cat says 'Hello' - Have fun.

Matt

Re: Announcing Beltane: a strange encounter at Duloe 'Stone Circle' - 05/22/22 01:11 PM

Thanks for stopping in Matt and explaining! I am more than happy to give you the full support for your work! I can't wait to find the time to play now!
And yes, I actually enjoy the shorter games since I don't have much play time. I think it's a great idea!
Ana hearts

Re: Announcing Beltane: a strange encounter at Duloe 'Stone Circle' - 05/22/22 02:17 PM

So good to see you here, Matt! Thanks so much for posting. And I do like the idea of bundling several shorter games together later on. wave
Posted By: meryl

Re: Announcing Beltane: a strange encounter at Duloe 'Stone Circle' - 05/22/22 03:42 PM

Bought it straight away and am playing it now after I found out how to get around the security stopping the installation. Yes please; more short games from Shadow Tor. Have purchased all the games so far released and enjoyed them all.
Loving this. Haven't a clue what to do next and trying not to peep at the walkthrough.

Re: Announcing Beltane: a strange encounter at Duloe 'Stone Circle' - 05/22/22 03:54 PM

This was VERY enjoyable, Matt. I will now using the just-about-to-replace-the-last-stone (no further spoilers) as my "go-to / load saved-game" as a lovely environment to visit, when I pay my bills at my desk!
I cannot wait to see more adventures like this. Quick,fun adventures; lovely (hyper-realistically-lovely, actually) environments at a decent price. Please keep creating more of them!
Ive enjoyed all the Dark Fall, Barrow Hill and Lost Crown games. By the way, when is Silent night coming out (is that yours, as well? I enjoyed the Preview demo while it was out)....
Rob (a big fan, in Brooklyn)
Posted By: jimrh69

Re: Announcing Beltane: a strange encounter at Duloe 'Stone Circle' - 05/23/22 04:56 PM

How long has it taken those here to finish the game?

Re: Announcing Beltane: a strange encounter at Duloe 'Stone Circle' - 05/23/22 06:29 PM

For me about half an hour without stopping. Worth the money. Can't wait to see more of these "adventure quickies" from Shadow Tor.
Posted By: mattclark

Re: Announcing Beltane: a strange encounter at Duloe 'Stone Circle' - 05/28/22 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by robedits
This was VERY enjoyable, Matt. I will now using the just-about-to-replace-the-last-stone (no further spoilers) as my "go-to / load saved-game" as a lovely environment to visit, when I pay my bills at my desk!
I cannot wait to see more adventures like this. Quick,fun adventures; lovely (hyper-realistically-lovely, actually) environments at a decent price. Please keep creating more of them!
Ive enjoyed all the Dark Fall, Barrow Hill and Lost Crown games. By the way, when is Silent night coming out (is that yours, as well? I enjoyed the Preview demo while it was out)....

Rob (a big fan, in Brooklyn)

Thrilled people like the format, working on the next now smile

RE SN – due with the turn of the cold season, I believe.

Re: Announcing Beltane: a strange encounter at Duloe 'Stone Circle' - 05/28/22 02:45 PM

Thanks so much for stopping in, Matt! I can't wait to play Beltane. It's on my weekend agenda.
© 2024 GameBoomers Community